• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I wanna see your DD214. I have never met any DDs that I didn't like.

Like these DD's....?

man-boobs.jpg
    Manboobs.jpg

man+boobs.jpg

:thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot: :thatshot:

:p :laugh: :lmfao: :laugh: :p

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know who he is but never paid much attention to the hoopla, I just thought they did shooting videos. I just came back from an annual training where I was attached to 30th AG at Benning in the FTU (fitness training unit). If I understand correctly he never got out of 30th because of a pre-existing medical condition? That's fairly common and i've had PVt's show up that got out of 30th and then something was found later on etc. I saw a paper that might indicate AWOL as well? Again fairly common out of 30th especially for those going through separation as it can be a long tedious process especially if the person really wanted to be there and through no fault of their own was being kicked out. I don't get as worked up by young kids going AWOL from basic as say someone who's been in and at a permanent duty station. I don't condone padding the resume but I can definitely understand why someone would do it in this day and age. It happens alot especially if someone is touting military credentials. I've seen some touting "anti-terrorism level whatever training", all that is just an annual online module everybody has to take etc. Of course I don't know why anybody would try to make a big deal out of being 11B, they are a dime a dozen and really doesn't contribute much to training people to carry a gun daily for self-defense but neither does being a SEAL or SF for that matter. It's more a perception of those looking for training now that they have to be trained by the most high speed guy on the planet or they're doomed. It's just a lot sexier to go to training by a guy who's a former SEAL or SF guy than somebody else who may be a great teacher and can instill the fundamentals of gun handling and basic tactics with aspects of the law etc. Aside from shooting skills that may or may not be that great, 98% of the other training they get is not going to be relevant in the least to the daily gun carrier. I've even seen marketing materials at an LGS for a guy that say something like come train with an actual former SEAL or something like that. I'd put more stock in those that hype being LEO over military but even take those with a grain of salt as you can probably go to one Farnam class and be as competent as any LEO. It just all adds up to marketing and the perception of legitimacy. Someone way up thread mentioned that who do these people think they are that they take a few Yeager classes and then open up a training school? If you are a good instructor and have your instructor certification and formal training yourself what more do you need? Everybody gets training initially from someone. Things tend to be circular in the training world, last time I was at Benning we would BS with the Ranger recruiters who would come around and give presentation and they invited us to come to their firearms training which was being taught by somebody I knew from MI who's a "retired" nationally known USPSA guy. I think it was my second MOB to Benning (around 2009) and we were doing urban ops and a Ranger DS was showing a high/low technique of rounding a corner, he was all proud of his high speed technique and I told him "...dude I did that in a Farnam class back in 1999.".

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    This was much more blatant and extensive than I had thought It was. The video showed Cory blabbing and lying plain as day. There's no doubt now.

That's why I thought it was relevant to INGO. The typical trend is for these type of guys is to try and lie themselves out of the situation. I think he could really do himself a favor, tell the truth, and try and move on based on his own merits/qualifications. It's also "rumored" RT has lost their zoning battle?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    That's why I thought it was relevant to INGO. The typical trend is for these type of guys is to try and lie themselves out of the situation. I think he could really do himself a favor, tell the truth, and try and move on based on his own merits/qualifications. It's also "rumored" RT has lost their zoning battle?

They definitely lost the initial engagement. I don't know whether they plan to keep at it, etc. I read somewhere (on the internet, so it MUST be true) that it was partially because someone on the council who used to be a LEO remembered the alleged UA/AWOL incident. Norm, maybe? Dunno. Totally rumor and speculation on that part.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I know who he is but never paid much attention to the hoopla, I just thought they did shooting videos. I just came back from an annual training where I was attached to 30th AG at Benning in the FTU (fitness training unit). If I understand correctly he never got out of 30th because of a pre-existing medical condition? That's fairly common and i've had PVt's show up that got out of 30th and then something was found later on etc. I saw a paper that might indicate AWOL as well? Again fairly common out of 30th especially for those going through separation as it can be a long tedious process especially if the person really wanted to be there and through no fault of their own was being kicked out. I don't get as worked up by young kids going AWOL from basic as say someone who's been in and at a permanent duty station. I don't condone padding the resume but I can definitely understand why someone would do it in this day and age. It happens alot especially if someone is touting military credentials. I've seen some touting "anti-terrorism level whatever training", all that is just an annual online module everybody has to take etc. Of course I don't know why anybody would try to make a big deal out of being 11B, they are a dime a dozen and really doesn't contribute much to training people to carry a gun daily for self-defense but neither does being a SEAL or SF for that matter. It's more a perception of those looking for training now that they have to be trained by the most high speed guy on the planet or they're doomed. It's just a lot sexier to go to training by a guy who's a former SEAL or SF guy than somebody else who may be a great teacher and can instill the fundamentals of gun handling and basic tactics with aspects of the law etc. Aside from shooting skills that may or may not be that great, 98% of the other training they get is not going to be relevant in the least to the daily gun carrier. I've even seen marketing materials at an LGS for a guy that say something like come train with an actual former SEAL or something like that. I'd put more stock in those that hype being LEO over military but even take those with a grain of salt as you can probably go to one Farnam class and be as competent as any LEO. It just all adds up to marketing and the perception of legitimacy. Someone way up thread mentioned that who do these people think they are that they take a few Yeager classes and then open up a training school? If you are a good instructor and have your instructor certification and formal training yourself what more do you need? Everybody gets training initially from someone. Things tend to be circular in the training world, last time I was at Benning we would BS with the Ranger recruiters who would come around and give presentation and they invited us to come to their firearms training which was being taught by somebody I knew from MI who's a "retired" nationally known USPSA guy. I think it was my second MOB to Benning (around 2009) and we were doing urban ops and a Ranger DS was showing a high/low technique of rounding a corner, he was all proud of his high speed technique and I told him "...dude I did that in a Farnam class back in 1999.".

+10 Common Sense Perspective :yesway:

I Can't get over the Kick-em while they are down Mentality. I realize that the one's Complaining the Loudest are ALL Seal Team Zero Candidates. I do not know Cory or Ericka but see the loss of a Range in this area and Firearms Instruction as a Loss for the entire Gun Community. Does he have a Medical Condition or was he AWOL, I haven't a Clue. I'll admit that I haven't read every post or watched every video but I will say that 'let those who have Never LIED or Embellished', Cast the 1st Stone.

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach :rolleyes:

How many Civilian or Police Firearms Instructors have been in actual real world Gun Fights? or even Shot someone, Not many. Competent Technique, Safety, Firearms Knowledge and the Ability to Confer that to Others is what's Important to Me. NOT someone's Imagination of How Great that they THINK that they Are. EGO & Testosterone, 2 things that will get you killed quickly. I've been in the real world and I've been a Trainer. Retired, I only share my skills and knowledge with friends and family.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ...I think he could really do himself a favor, tell the truth, and try and move on based on his own merits/qualifications.

:+1:

This.

Literally being thousands of miles away, I have no dog in the fight other than the fact that Range Time is not too far from the family homestead in Parke County, so I thought it would be cool to at least shoot there and take some vids for my own YouTube channel (same "Bushido Devil Dog" channel name) the next time I'm back in our beloved Hoosier state. However, long before this drama :popcorn: kicked off, I could tell in previous versions of his Range Time bio that he was 'stretching' to get as much mileage out of his Army time as possible without giving full disclosure as to how long he actually served. That seemed a bit odd/too 'try-hard', IMO, and frankly I am rather reluctant to take a class in pretty much anything self-defense/martial arts/tactical related from someone that is much younger :baby: than me, unless they are a 100% verified no-:poop:-been-there-done-that badass like Travis Haley, Paul Howe, etc.

I think the best thing he can and SHOULD do is man up and fess up to whatever misrepresentations he has made. I would suggest making a video giving a full, honest disclosure of what happened regarding his Army/NG service, thorns and all (Did he go UA/AWOL? Get busted for fraudulent enlistment regarding his alleged heart valve issue that he said in a "More about me" video he was aware of before he joined, but his recruiter said to not mention it? Etc.), explain what he was thinking, apologize, take ownership of his mistakes, and move on. No one's perfect, and there are plenty of INGO'ers on here that say he's not a bad guy, so I think he could regain a lot of respect if he would do the above to end the drama...

...otherwise I think the response from my fellow vets is going to be something like this (Not safe for pretty much anybody ;) ) regarding claimed infantry/11B experience:

You Might Be A Veteran If... - YouTube

:lmfao:

:twocents:

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Good to know, I wouldn't have ever gone that far north to train but I will admit to liking a few of their youtube videos. I don't get why people lie about stuff like that, play your hand and move.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The vid was interesting. He also claimed to be a very good HS hoops player with lots of offers to play in college and then claimed that he ran x-country and track in college. I wonder if that's also not true.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All that military B.S. mentioned to enhance a bio should never have been included. There was no military background sufficient to provide any meaningful value in any type of training being offered. There was NO Military background.

I agree with Destro. Let your training that you feel qualifies you to be a viable instructor be judged by those potential clients on the merits of your actual real time experience that you can actually verify.

I have no issue with that at all.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm going to put my three quarters of ROTC classes when I was a freshman in college on my resume. Only the first two quarters were mandatory!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am a second degree brown belt in Shorei Goju Ryu. Does that give me more "self-defense" cred?? Between that and my sexy wife I think I can start my own training company.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am a second degree brown belt in Shorei Goju Ryu. Does that give me more "self-defense" cred?? Between that and my sexy wife I think I can start my own training company.

I get that you are joking, but according to your own assessment, could you be a trainer? Why or why not?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom