• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As I have read, CDC and WHO have never recommended masks, for healthy people, for any previous respiratory disease. They again followed that norm until there became a political furor over mask wear. Certainly seems suspicious that they changed only after it became political.

Some of the same type of people saying that government cannot stop homeless from pooping and peeing openly on the cities sidewalks now want that same government to make people wear masks so as to control others breathing...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wouldn't bother. Ingomike isn't satisfied with not wearing a mask himself. He insists on tarring anyone else who does.

I think that is exactly bassackward. Have at it, anyone that wants to is free to wear all the masks they want. It is mask wearers and proponents that tar those that want the freedom not to wear a mask, then they do not wear their mask properly, touch it all the time, and a whole host of illogical behaviors that spread germs while sanctimoniously congratulating themselves for how safe they are...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't bother. Ingomike isn't satisfied with not wearing a mask himself. He insists on tarring anyone else who does.

I think that is exactly bassackward. Have at it, anyone that wants to is free to wear all the masks they want. It is mask wearers and proponents that tar those that want the freedom not to wear a mask, then they do not wear their mask properly, touch it all the time, and a whole host of illogical behaviors that spread germs while sanctimoniously congratulating themselves for how safe they are...

You two talking about two extremes that are so far from the truth.

Though Mike has shown to be quite anti-mask, often throwing anti-mask data out when the topic comes up... I wouldn't call that "tarring" those that do.

And I've yet to see a pro-mask person do any of what Mike described. I do chuckle at people that don't wear it right, because it's pointless signaling. These people also probably don't care, and are required to do it for the job or something.

I don't see mask-wearers congratulating themselves... but you also imply with that line that they aren't as safe as you think. Unless I misread it.

I get that the main argument some are making here is they don't want to be told they have to wear a mask. Good, no one does. But when you try to back-up that argument by saying that wearing proper masks doesn't help, or makes things worse, you're going a bit to the extreme.

It's okay to wear masks.
    It's okay to not wear masks.
    It's okay to not want to be told you must wear a mask by a government.

Really doesn't need to be much more complicated than that.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    One of the most intelligent posts/stories I have read in several years. Quite a bit of insight into our political divide as well. I agree with the author on most of what he says.
    Perhaps it will help you better understand your view on where and why we are struggling to deal with real issues in any concise way.

Few quotes from the story after the link,but leaving it to you rather you would like to read it.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/technolog...-culpa-all-twitter-banned-conspiracy-peddlers

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]Can you see how totalizing war mentality can be?[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]War mentality saturates our polarized society, which envisions progress as a consequence of victory -- victory over a virus, over the ignorant, over the left, over the right, over the psychopathic elites, over Donald Trump, over white supremacy, over the liberal elites.... Each side uses the same formula, and that formula requires an enemy. So, obligingly, we divide ourselves up into us and them, exhausting 99% of our energies in a fruitless tug-of-war, never once suspecting that the true evil power might be the formula itself. [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]This is not to propose that we somehow banish conflict from human affairs. It is to question a mythology -- embraced by both sides -- that conceives every problem in conflict’s terms. Struggle and conflict have their place, but other plotlines are possible. There are other pathways to healing and to justice.

[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida_granderegular]After two months of obsessively searching for one, I have not yet found a satisfactory narrative that can account for every data point. That doesn’t mean to take no action because after all, knowledge is never certain. But in the whirlwind of competing narratives and the disjoint mythologies beneath them, we can look for action that makes sense no matter which side is right. We can look for truths that the smoke and clamor of the battle obscures. We can question assumptions both sides take for granted, and ask questions neither side is asking. Not identified with either side, we can gather knowledge from both.[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Generalizing to society, by bringing in all the voices, including the marginalized ones, we can build a broader social consensus and begin to heal the polarization that is rending and paralyzing our society.[/FONT]

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    As I have read, CDC and WHO have never recommended masks, for healthy people, for any previous respiratory disease. They again followed that norm until there became a political furor over mask wear. Certainly seems suspicious that they changed only after it became political.

You have a point there. The CDC and WHO have never been more politically involved than they are now and less effective at what they are supposed to be doing.

The CDC is stuffed with deep state activists just like most of the other alphabet agencies. I could see them going a little out of their way to arrive at a viewpoint that just happens to match the libtards. All they are doing is recommending the masks so it is easy to rationalize that but it plays right into the hand of those that want to keep the panic going.

WHO is so screwed up now they don't know what to say.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's okay to wear masks.

I agree with that entirely.

The morality police ruined politics for nearly 20 years, and seeing them spring back up around this issue is disheartening.

You have a point there. The CDC and WHO have never been more politically involved than they are now and less effective at what they are supposed to be doing.
    The CDC is stuffed with deep state activists just like most of the other alphabet agencies. I could see them going a little out of their way to arrive at a viewpoint that just happens to match the libtards. All they are doing is recommending the masks so it is easy to rationalize that but it plays right into the hand of those that want to keep the panic going.

WHO is so screwed up now they don't know what to say.

And Fauci now demanding states open up, when he was the biggest proponent of forcibly shutting everything down, should go to show that these people at the top have no idea what they're doing. It's up to us to live our lives according to our values and the best available evidence for us. Not for us to be taking edicts from nobility, nor to be subjects to societal pressures based on an ever shifting goal post.

As far as the WHO, the second they refused to acknowledge the existence of Taiwan is the second everyone should have known they hold no allegiance to anyone but the CCP.

Last edited:

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US

Though Mike has shown to be quite anti-mask, often throwing anti-mask data out when the topic comes up... I wouldn't call that "tarring" those that do.

And I've yet to see a pro-mask person do any of what Mike described. I do chuckle at people that don't wear it right, because it's pointless signaling. These people also probably don't care, and are required to do it for the job or something.

I don't see mask-wearers congratulating themselves... but you also imply with that line that they aren't as safe as you think. Unless I misread it.

I get that the main argument some are making here is they don't want to be told they have to wear a mask. Good, no one does. But when you try to back-up that argument by saying that wearing proper masks doesn't help, or makes things worse, you're going a bit to the extreme.

It's okay to wear masks.

Lots of places are making it that complicated..

I've been turned away from places because I can't wear a mask. Even when you explain to them that there are people who medically can't wear a mask. Even explaining disabilities and ADA law with them doesn't ignite their brain cells to think individually.

It's sad how lemming like people have become because of this stupid virus. I swear if someone with a long fancy title told everyone the treatment for COVID 19 was a ketchup enema wed end up with a shortage of ketchup.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Lots of places are making it that complicated..

I've been turned away from places because I can't wear a mask. Even when you explain to them that there are people who medically can't wear a mask. Even explaining disabilities and ADA law with them doesn't ignite their brain cells to think individually.

It's sad how lemming like people have become because of this stupid virus. I swear if someone with a long fancy title told everyone the treatment for COVID 19 was a ketchup enema wed end up with a shortage of ketchup.

Yup - I can see the ketchup shortage coming. And on the good side the ketchup enemas will help use up all that hoarded toilet paper so they can park in their garage again.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

I don't see mask-wearers congratulating themselves... but you also imply with that line that they aren't as safe as you think

You must not be getting out much. I see mask wearers doing everything Mike has stated.
    Our intern pastor has been ask to stay home for now for the way he was talking to the congregation about not wearing masks. Excuse the expression but he has a holier-than-thou attitude

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    You must not be getting out much. I see mask wearers doing everything Mike has stated.
    Our intern pastor has been ask to stay home for now for the way he was talking to the congregation about not wearing masks. Excuse the expression but he has a holier-than-thou attitude
    So he's being punished for his faith?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    No, his contract is up and he's sitting home for belittling 3/4's of the congregation. It's time to vote to extend his services. And *****ing at your boss isn't a very good way to keep your job.
    Especially when you're wearing your mask incorrectly, touching it constantly because you have your wireless microphone on under it even though IT told you not to.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have no problem with people who want to wear a mask, especially at church, most of our congregation is elderly. But don't preach free will to me and then tell me what to do

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    I have no problem with people who want to wear a mask, especially at church, most of our congregation is elderly. But don't preach free will to me and then tell me what to do
    Just wanted to clarify that he wasn't being punished for preaching faith over medicine.

I've had a big problem with all the mandated church closings. It seems akin to forcing a Jehovah witness to have a transfusion.

In essence telling people their faith isn't real.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Shortly before Midnight on Saturday evening i finally received my test results.

As of Monday, five (5) days ago:rolleyes:, I am negative. My test did not show any Covid cells in my nose.

Regards,

Doug

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Shortly before Midnight on Saturday evening i finally received my test results.

As of Monday, five (5) days ago:rolleyes:, I am negative. My test did not show any Covid cells in my nose.

Regards,

Doug
    Nice results.
    77273d3ac867a09e69ba50f3e209b877.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom