Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Not trying to start a fight, just asking a simple question. What is the difference between some calling him out on certain statements he has made and you calling out Kut on one of his many post? You two have been going around and around for years, you could simply take your own advice and skip right by his post but there are times where you feel the need to call him out.

I do not post much around here, I keep to myself and read mostly. However, when I do read what I consider to be outlandish statements I may feel compelled to say something.

It is like the difference between COVID-19 and TDS. Both can be deadly but the treatment regimen is completely different.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I still think it’s an inability to operate the scroll bar. People post stuff. You can glance over it. If you find it interesting you can read further. If not, scroll on. But no. Can’t possibly do that. Can’t not read it. Can’t not concoct some sinister motive for all the posts I don’t like.
    I have a question for you that's been on my mind for a while, and since TDS was just brought back up...
    Does TDS (I'm reading it as Trump Derangement Syndrome) work both ways?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    But here's a case a guy just posting good information and has been repeatedly pooped on by another member who hasn't come even close to level of "quality post" that smokingman has.

You know, you are correct, some of it may be good, however when he went trashing Trumps team pointing out he knows more than they do, I had to roll my eyes at that one. I do not think anyone who called him on the carpet for those remarks were wrong. . . . . just my opinion.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’ve said my peace in this thread trying to look for some sort of balance.

I’ll be stepping aside as well.

Perhaps this thread should be some sort of information sticky where people can just post whatever they have and let others decide what they wish to consume without comment.

Take care. I’m out.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I thought we had kind of worked through this. Water off a ducks back and so on. Why are you so offended by him? Because he doesn't post what you want to hear? Thats what it seems to me. IF that's the case that's a sign of a small intellect. Not calling names, I said if. If you can't agree just move on, read over it, at the most extreme ignore (but what would this thread be if people ignored those they don't agree with? What would life be? Preacher, meet choir.)

We are all reading things from our own point of view, our own bias.

There are so many different ways to read things. Sometimes I think this is worse than any virus. People really do read what they want into stuff. Personally I thought the way this lady phrased stuff it was obvious her first priority was to keep people from panicking, to keep the herd contained, not to speak the truth.

Whether smokingman stays gone or not, I'm thankful for his time here.

I am not offended by anyone, I totally get the idea that individuals have different opinions, thoughts and decipher info. I get all that. It was his opinion that he knew more than the doctor based on nonstop gathering and his deciphering of information. His Mensa status allows him to see and understand much more than any one else in their chosen profession. I like Trump and get TONS of flack that is much more severe than what I posted; I am sure we all have.

One may even believe EQ is better than IQ? Regardless, I feel as a nation we are spinning. Fear, doubts, counter opinions and so on has created confusion and deceptive practices. I am not saying that was what was happening here, but I will say the doom and gloom adds to the fear. Maybe it was how it was said that concerned me. Information is valuable even when it is perceived differently. I think I'd rather see some one say they see the data differently than claiming the people we have on the virus team" are wrong and just playing politics. After all, it is a perceived opinion of data....right? When one claims they have the right answer and the other "expert" is wrong and they base it strictly on "their interpretation" and peddle it as fact; they essentially are placing themselves above the other (I'm right and they are wrong).

We all do it in some form or another. The only differnce here is I made a statement about it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In case anyone missed it, Greta announced a couple of days ago that she is "extremely likely" to have been infected with COVID-19.

Like the rest of these celebrities lately?

Who's going to have the guts to ask them to prove it?

No one. They're bored, so they're creating fake PR to keep themselves in the news.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    When I first joined INGO, I was blasted many times regarding a vatiety of topics. I was repeatedly told one has to have thick skin in this forum. I continue to be blasted from time to time, but i never run away. I take it with a grain of salt and realize others see things differently.

Is what I posted against the rules?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I first joined INGO, I was blasted many times regarding a vatiety of topics. I was repeatedly told one has to have thick skin in this forum. I continue to be blasted from time to time, but i never run away. I take it with a grain of salt and realize others see things differently.

Is what I posted against the rules?

Of course not. Just seemingly unnecessarily confrontational, maybe.

Like biting the hand of the gift horse that.... I don't know idioms.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    The group think mentality going on right now is just astounding. I'd have never expected it on INGO forums.

Where do yall draw the line? I suppose guns would be the answer on these forums, but I would guess even here some would be willing to give up 2A rights for the promise of security in this (very very weak) pandemic.

So sad and so pathetic.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Singapore has a non weather related advantage.
    They wear masks. It is actually considered rude and disrespectful to not wear one when in public.
    Every infectious disease expert in the country pushed for every single citizen to wear them.

It works.

In the (CZECH REPUBLIC masks where unheard of before covid-19. In 3 days they went from no one wearing a mask to 100% wearing them in public(the original large boost in supplies came from China when planes landed bringing millions of respirators and masks).

It is now against the law to not wear one when in public. Fairly certain they will not have the huge spike in cases where masks are not worn.
    They started making so many masks so quickly they are provide huge numbers of them to European countries(it took them only three weeks to be making almost 40 million masks a day).

Japan has a well known history of wearing masks in public,and over half of the spike in new cases they had today(their time)where imported.

This official disinformation about masks being somehow bad for average people,but required for medical people (in the US and UK mainly)hits a nerve.

This. If everyone is wearing a mask without the cool flow valve it will help slow the spread immensely and it would be fairly safe to be in public and doing normal routines. It would definitely keep the hospitals under capacity.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I didn’t mind the info SM was posting, just annoyed at his seeming obsession with being right. Any positive news was immediately dismissed. The truth is, he doesn’t have any idea what the outcome of this is going to be. If anybody knew that, we would be ahead of it. My hope was only that information from credible sources could be posted without comment so people could form their own opinion instead of intentionally trying to steer this thread to doom and gloom. I stopped checking on this thread as frequently because the information really isn’t helpful when it gets down to it. Take precautions, help others, and hope for the best. Ultimately, this thread will go on, with or without him.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I said before that the government should be using the postal service to send masks out to every household and make it mandatory to wear them in public. That would help curb the spread. Right now you have people still shopping because they have to eat. It's still being spread.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The group think mentality going on right now is just astounding. I'd have never expected it on INGO forums.

Where do yall draw the line? I suppose guns would be the answer on these forums, but I would guess even here some would be willing to give up 2A rights for the promise of security in this (very very weak) pandemic.

So sad and so pathetic.
    There are those here willing to give up guns for far less than this pandemic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom