Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And Jamil, there is no organized conspiracy that has been in the works for months or even weeks. There is an uncoordinated effort to play politics with this situation. That the as the link from the Federalist explained the main source of modeling, used by many in government, has been way off and was created by democrat activists is the first piece of evidence. Can you imagine the MSM scream if Trump was using modeling from the Koch brothers? Then that all the shut down appears to be beneficial to dems and they are trying to exacerbate it and now are trying to stop broadcasting the Presidents updates because they are effective. The dems clearly are playing politics with this for all it is worth...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What? I didn’t say Trump only gets his information from such sources. I saw the press conference live. He had a an expert right there saying that it’s premature to claim those meds were effective. And Trump was right there saying they were. So he had an expert on the same stage, yet Trump couldn’t defer to the expert. Sometimes the people you respect are full of ****. It’s good to be able to admit when they are. Trump was full if ****. Not on everything. But in that he was full of **** for overriding an expert in the field with his own irrational beliefs.

Epidemiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Admits He Was Wrong, Drastically Revises Model

As I read this article, I couldn't help but harken back to the days when climate scientists' models were telling us we were all going to die too.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epid...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Didn't the world starve to death back in the 70's too?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple observations.

The delay of numbers reports into the afternoon (that 4pm that smokingman referenced looms large) seems to be the new normal.

I know people all over the state. Anecdotally, presumptive positive deaths are not being reflected in the current reporting. Anecdotally, the reported numbers from Indiana may be at least 25% too low. Anecdotally, that's based on presumptive positive deaths in counties that have no deaths being currently reported.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Couple observations.

The delay of numbers reports into the afternoon (that 4pm that smokingman referenced looms large) seems to be the new normal.

I know people all over the state. Anecdotally, presumptive positive deaths are not being reflected in the current reporting. Anecdotally, the reported numbers from Indiana may be at least 25% too low. Anecdotally, that's based on presumptive positive deaths in counties that have no deaths being currently reported.

Many of our presumptive positive deaths turned out to be negative. This is true in many pandemics

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Epidemiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Admits He Was Wrong, Drastically Revises Model

As I read this article, I couldn't help but harken back to the days when climate scientists' models were telling us we were all going to die too.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epid...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

“Not surprisingly, this testimony has received no attention in the US I found it only in UK papers. Team Apocalypse is not interested.”
    Team Apocalypse made me chuckle.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I found it odd that the FDA approved hydroxychloroquine for "off label" use.

It's not illegal for a physician to prescribe a medication for a condition it is not approved for. Happens all the time. Manufacturers are not allowed to advertise or promote a drug for a condition it is not approved for, but there is no law against doctors prescribing "off label", subject, of course, to the medical standard of care.

I don't quite know what approving a drug for "off label" use does. Maybe it gives health systems and docs cover who have policies against prescribing drugs for "off label" use? I don't know.

Being charitable, I'll say that Pence was speaking casually/colloquially. FDA doesn't regulate the practice of medicine. FDA regulates the manufacture, marketing, and sale of drugs. Once FDA has approved the manufacture, marketing, and sale of a given drug for a given use, FDA has no jurisdiction over the way that medical practitioners use that drug.

Said another way: I have no idea what Pence meant by FDA has "approved" hydroxychloroquine for off-label use. FDA doesn't do that.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I don’t get the fear angle you are gonna die at some point get over it.

Facts

The U.S. has over 320 million people in it over 100 people a day die of car crashes, 36,000 or so die from falls and 63,000 from unintentional poisoning.

You may or may not get sick with whatever illness and may or may not die.

If you don’t work you will not have things and will not be able to eat.

So one Route is guaranteed pain and economic ruin the other you might get sick.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Color me shocked that a predictive model based of incomplete data was incorrect.

So I don’t get the fear angle you are gonna die at some point get over it.

Facts

The U.S. has over 320 million people in it over 100 people a day die of car crashes, 36,000 or so die from falls and 63,000 from unintentional poisoning.

You may or may not get sick with whatever illness and may or may not die.

If you don’t work you will not have things and will not be able to eat.

So one Route is guaranteed pain and economic ruin the other you might get sick.
    But you cold hearted person, we have to save every last life until the bitter end!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The U.S. has over 320 million people in it over 100 people a day die of car crashes...

Speaking of this, I think all the *******s are staying at home.

Granted, there's less traffic now, but it seems like the cars on the road give each other enough distance and drive a reasonable speed. Maybe, too, no one wants to risk a car wreck in which they get taken to a hospital treating coronavirus cases.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found it odd that the FDA approved hydroxychloroquine for "off label" use.

It's not illegal for a physician to prescribe a medication for a condition it is not approved for. Happens all the time. Manufacturers are not allowed to advertise or promote a drug for a condition it is not approved for, but there is no law against doctors prescribing "off label", subject, of course, to the medical standard of care.

I don't quite know what approving a drug for "off label" use does. Maybe it gives health systems and docs cover who have policies against prescribing drugs for "off label" use? I don't know.

Being charitable, I'll say that Pence was speaking casually/colloquially. FDA doesn't regulate the practice of medicine. FDA regulates the manufacture, marketing, and sale of drugs. Once FDA has approved the manufacture, marketing, and sale of a given drug for a given use, FDA has no jurisdiction over the way that medical practitioners use that drug.

Said another way: I have no idea what Pence meant by FDA has "approved" hydroxychloroquine for off-label use. FDA doesn't do that.

Yeah, one ER doc has already said "nope. Not gonna do it until they modify the label to include this as a legit and official use for the drug." The worry is 6-18 months from now commercials all over the TV: "Were you prescribed Chloroquine for Covid-19 and think you were harmed? We can sue for you and get a big payday in your pocket. You deserve this. Call now."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Exactly.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...The worry is 6-18 months from now commercials all over the TV: "Were you prescribed Chloroquine for Covid-19 and think you were harmed? We can sue for you and get a big payday in your pocket. You deserve this. Call now."

There's nothing that can prevent that. True FDA approval of a drug, the label and marketing materials gives preemptive protection to the manufacturer for a failure to warn claim, but this is not that. Also, nothing protects a physician from lawsuits when they prescribe a drug. They may well win...eventually, but lawsuits will still be filed.

My advice to my clients: "practice medicine the best way you know how and let me take care of what happens later."

In Indiana where we have med mal reform, a limit on damages and everyone (practically) is insured to the limit, I find that docs actually do this. Places where the doc's home and all their possessions are at risk? Well, they play the "am I going to be sued for this" game all the time as the practice and put bluntly, that sucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom