Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve read a more than one article relatively recently that is saying that the growing thinking by some is that ventilating patients for this is the wrong course of treatment. I’ll probably screw up the reasoning but it has something to do with the fact their lungs aren’t shutting down but that they’re simply not able to transfer oxygen to the blood. No matter how much pressure you crank the air up to, if the blood can’t move the oxygen to the organs, the person is screwed.

A New York doctor talking about this, from a medical, first hand observation.

[video=youtube_share;k9GYTc53r2o]https://youtu.be/k9GYTc53r2o[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    and I will raise you........

*** WARNING - Some Language ***
    [video=youtube;jwznZq3NaxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwznZq3NaxQ[/video]

Last edited:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    If you look at the In.gov county mapp. 3 countys have stayed negative this whole time. Back in December my son got sick with a horrible cough. Then my other son got sick with a horrible cough and low grade fever requiring a trip to the doctor. My wife stayed home with the youngest son the first day. I stayed home with him the next and took him to the pediatrician. Right after that my wife got sick and she never gets sick. She had the cough also and felt like **** for 6 weeks. I got the cough a week later and felt like **** for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm in Benton county and think its already been here. We've been sitting here discussing weather we should get checked to see if we've already had it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It looks like the survival rate is around 95%; likely higher as it seems commonly accepted that the total number of cases is understated due to lack of widespread testing.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    and.....

*** WARNING - Some Language ***
    [video=youtube;4J0d59dd-qM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM[/video]

[STRIKE]I've been[/STRIKE] I used to be a scuba diver since I was 18.
    I taught classes through NAUI and PADI on the side while doing some commercial stuff as a living. I've seen guys in different stages of the bends just before being transported to the chamber on the chopper.

I've seen the same description of what I've seen from what's going on now.

Has anyone tried using a Hyperbaric Chamber on a China Virus victim?
    I haven't looked it up myself.....I've been horizontal today. :(

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    and.....

[video=youtube;4J0d59dd-qM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM[/video]

[STRIKE]I've been[/STRIKE] I used to be a scuba diver since I was 18.
    I taught classes through NAUI and PADI on the side while doing some commercial stuff as a living. I've seen guys in different stages of the bends just before being transported to the chamber on the chopper.

I've seen the same description of what I've seen from what's going on now.

Has anyone tried using a Hyperbaric Chamber on a China Virus victim?
    I haven't looked it up myself.....I've been horizontal today. :(

I have seen it mentioned, for instance by that guy that said ventilators were not the answer. He claimed the patients need more oxygen(seems kind of obvious) and that hyperbaric chambers would help but that doesn't mean much since there are nowhere near enough of them to make any difference.

There are a few around in medical facilities and some professional athletes have private ones so a few people could probably use one if they have enough money.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've just finished a 16 oz margarita (and quesadilla and black bean soup!), so caveat emptor....

Anyways, folks are complaining about how flimsy and weak the current young generation is, but now, they're going through the biggest pandemic in over one hundred years, so one would hope we could give them a break.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I've just finished a 16 oz margarita (and quesadilla and black bean soup!), so caveat emptor....

Anyways, folks are complaining about how flimsy and weak the current young generation is, but now, they're going through the biggest pandemic in over one hundred years, so one would hope we could give them a break.

Give them a break???? Are you nutz? How? By all of us dying off for them?

You need to earn your respect and most of these youngsters weren't taught **** from what deadbeat parents they had. Nobody should get a break or a free ride, I don't care what they experienced. Exceptions of course would be going to war, "REAL" major trauma and not that starbucks made their latte wrong, and you know.... non-***** stuff.

Worthless punks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Give them a break???? Are you nutz? How? By all of us dying off for them?

You need to earn your respect and most of these youngsters weren't taught **** from what deadbeat parents they had. Nobody should get a break or a free ride, I don't care what they experienced. Exceptions of course would be going to war, "REAL" major trauma and not that starbucks made their latte wrong, and you know.... non-***** stuff.

Worthless punks.

You ever got the wrong latte? It’ll mess with your psyche.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

The young people aren’t going through ****. This virus doesn’t even effect them. The main effect might be the economy, but given statistics very few young people work anyways. I’m more concerned about the selfish young people that are still going to beaches and parties and infecting the older people. I prefer the company of people in their 50s and older more than people in their 20s.

Listen to Pink Floyd, then turn on some new rock. Which one do you prefer?!?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't even know how to order at Starbucks.
    Uh yeah give me that deep black slap you in the face coffee with a side of slap yo momma, in whatever you call that upsized cup.
    And throw in some of that sugar free sweetener for diabetics.
    Huh? Hell no I dont want no whip cream, do I look like the damn tiger king?
    And a couple napkins too please. ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The young people aren’t going through ****. This virus doesn’t even effect them. The main effect might be the economy, but given statistics very few young people work anyways. I’m more concerned about the selfish young people that are still going to beaches and parties and infecting the older people. I prefer the company of people in their 50s and older more than people in their 20s.

Listen to Pink Floyd, then turn on some new rock. Which one do you prefer?!?
    yep.
    This is a joke to most young people sadly.
    I've heard from a couple people that I know who have family members who were already gaming the system and are now getting more on unemployment than they would have ever made in their job.
    That's not people I know personally but through someone else who isnt that way at all. I'm just saying, if I can be that close by association to losers like that and I am VERY selective on who I associate with, how many others are out there gaming the system over this?
    But I'm sure there are real hard workers who are truly hurting right now and that sucks.
    The slackers always will find a way to be slackers and be takers. Always some damn excuse and it's never their fault. But they also grow old. Some learn and change but most do not. So its not just young people.
    I'm with you though man. I'd much rather hang with people older than me. But hell I'm not a spring chicken anymore as much as I'd like to be.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

O8iA95H.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't even know how to order at Starbucks.
    Uh yeah give me that deep black slap you in the face coffee with a side of slap yo momma, in whatever you call that upsized cup.
    And throw in some of that sugar free sweetener for diabetics.
    Huh? Hell no I dont want no whip cream, do I look like the damn tiger king?
    And a couple napkins too please. ;)
    :rofl:
    Haven’t been there in years, but they used to have a double chocolate chip frappucino. It’s like a ice cream coffee. Pretty good.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    yep.
    This is a joke to most young people sadly.
    I've heard from a couple people that I know who have family members who were already gaming the system and are now getting more on unemployment than they would have ever made in their job.
    That's not people I know personally but through someone else who isnt that way at all. I'm just saying, if I can be that close by association to losers like that and I am VERY selective on who I associate with, how many others are out there gaming the system over this?
    But I'm sure there are real hard workers who are truly hurting right now and that sucks.
    The slackers always will find a way to be slackers and be takers. Always some damn excuse and it's never their fault. But they also grow old. Some learn and change but most do not. So its not just young people.
    I'm with you though man. I'd much rather hang with people older than me. But hell I'm not a spring chicken anymore as much as I'd like to be.
    The bad part is those people that are playing the system will be the same ones to cry unfairness because they cut back on unemployment or food stamps. They don’t realize if they weren’t scamming the system the system would have more money for those programs to last longer or reach more people. I’m a firm believer in karma. It’ll come around eventually, and all the young people that don’t give a **** right now and are running around spreading it will be on the receiving end at some point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom