• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Wow, I really hope so but I have my doubts. Minneapolis is just like any other big :poop: hole.

They might have reached critical mass, like Illinois or California. Decent people out in the hills and the 'burbs, but enough of the free s*** army/liberal elites in the big cities to ever go back.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I understand this.

[FONT=&quot]WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly 3,000 sailors aboard a U.S. [/FONT]aircraft carrier[FONT=&quot] where the [/FONT]coronavirus[FONT=&quot] has spread will be taken off the ship by Friday, Navy officials said Wednesday as they struggle to quarantine crew members in the face of an outbreak.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly, however, made it clear that while several thousand will leave the ship, other sailors will remain on board in order to continue to protect the ship and run critical systems.

[/FONT]
    In other words they are doing what the captain said needed done.

[FONT=&quot]Modly and Adm. Michael Gilday, the chief of naval operations, declined to say how long the ship will be sidelined. But if crew members are required to be quarantined for 14 days, on a rotational basis, the Roosevelt could be out of duty for weeks

[/FONT]
    He should have not made it public,but he was making the right call getting sailors off the ship and taking it out of service. It was the only choice as the navy has clearly done exactly that now.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/04/01/us-warship-captain-seeks-crew-isolation-coronavirus-spreads/

They are doing what the Captain wanted to be done.
    But they didn't do it until he took action with the letter.
    He saw what needed to be done, and he fell on his sword.
    His crew knew that.
    And that's why they gave him that send off.
    Some officers would have kept their mouth shut, in the interest of keeping their career on track.
    But sometimes the right thing, is not the easy thing.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    neGFEd1.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My stepdaughter came over to 'borrow' some lawn chairs to sit on her porch. She couldn't come in the house because I'm not risking it. So anyway, she said Mug & Bun is packed, more so than on the weekends, and everyone is out like this is a vacation. I told her we need volunteers for the surge.

Idiots. People can be so selfish. It’s time like this where it truly shows

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wondering what leadership will do about illegals from south of the border where there isn't going to be anything to contain the virus. It seems like we'll be stuck here for a long time if there is an endless stream of virus carriers coming into this country over years to come.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I wondering what leadership will do about illegals from south of the border where there isn't going to be anything to contain the virus. It seems like we'll be stuck here for a long time if there is an endless stream of virus carriers coming into this country over years to come.

Blame the dumocraps and vote them out of office.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yeah, I know it. Taking my brand new lawn chairs. And I know they won't come back.:rolleyes:

Sounds like your chairs will be on her porch tonight.
    Put on your full PPEs and get them back. Just throw them in your garage for a 5 day quarantine.

What else you got going at 2am? :yesway:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out of curiosity, do morgues charge to keep a body after death? The wife's best friend's mother passed away from covid and she was told that there could be no funeral for at least ten days.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I understand this.

[FONT=&amp]WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly 3,000 sailors aboard a U.S. [/FONT]aircraft carrier[FONT=&amp] where the [/FONT]coronavirus[FONT=&amp] has spread will be taken off the ship by Friday, Navy officials said Wednesday as they struggle to quarantine crew members in the face of an outbreak.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly, however, made it clear that while several thousand will leave the ship, other sailors will remain on board in order to continue to protect the ship and run critical systems.

[/FONT]
    In other words they are doing what the captain said needed done.

[FONT=&amp]Modly and Adm. Michael Gilday, the chief of naval operations, declined to say how long the ship will be sidelined. But if crew members are required to be quarantined for 14 days, on a rotational basis, the Roosevelt could be out of duty for weeks

[/FONT]
    He should have not made it public,but he was making the right call getting sailors off the ship and taking it out of service. It was the only choice as the navy has clearly done exactly that now.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/04/01/us-warship-captain-seeks-crew-isolation-coronavirus-spreads/

Yeah, it's not his call to make. The brass answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is no. By going public, he made it impossible to keep the fact that essentially a carrier battle group is out of action. That is information that should not be bruited about in the clear. "Ours not to reason why ..."

Without a doubt the chain of command has lost faith in that Captain's judgement. Give him a couple of packets of jam, he's toast

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is always the point of contention. We have locked up people before whom we believed were a danger to the country. Get enough people scared, they’re likely to agree to almost anything if they think it will keep them safe (and it’s some other guy that’s getting locked up).

I’m ok with people whom have had objective, positive diagnosis being forcibly quarantined, I guess.

Mary Mallon (September 23, 1869 – November 11, 1938), also known as Typhoid Mary, was an Irish-born cook believed to have infected 51 people, three of whom died, with typhoid fever, and the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the disease. Because she persisted in working as a cook, by which she exposed others to the disease, she was twice forcibly isolated by authorities, and died after a total of nearly three decades in isolation.

*.*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom