GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are some really brilliant people in the Congressional Budget Office. I'm getting the sense that a recovery anything close to pre-covid normality is years away. We are in a hole and still digging. I'm not sure anyone can tell us where the bottom is.

I agree. My point though is there is more to this than saving lives. I gather that the ones that have the president’s ear though are those concerned with only a single aspect of this situation.

ETA: Anyone who’s been watching the daily briefings will have seen a few of the reporters (rightfully) grilling the president on his upbeat tone only a week or two ago how we’re going to turn this around quickly and get back to work. The question I’d ask if I were one of them is: “Mr. President, a week or so ago you were telling the American people that we were going to defeat this virus quickly and that 15 days of lock down was all that’s required. You’ve also said that the recovery will be a V shaped recovery and that the economy would come storming back and be as strong or stronger than it was before. You were wrong about the 15 days, what makes you confident about a recovery after a 1.5 month shut down?”

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/uss-theodore-roosevelt-crew-cheers-brett-crozier-video?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1585921569

A few videos at the source as well.

The crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt gave the aircraft carrier's ousted skipper a loving farewell on Friday, assembling in the hundreds in the ship's hangar bay and cheering “Captain Crozier! Captain Crozier!” as the officer walked down the gangway to a car waiting pierside.
    In one video, Crozier is seen stepping off his ship for the last time as CO and turning to give his still-cheering crew a wave before walking away.
    “Now that’s how you send out one of the greatest captains we ever had!” said one sailor in a Facebook video first reported by Stars & Stripes. “The [greatest of all time], the man for the people.”

Another source with more videos.
    https://www.stripes.com/news/us/cap...-uss-roosevelt-commander-with-cheers-1.624732

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/uss-theodore-roosevelt-crew-cheers-brett-crozier-video?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1585921569

A few videos at the source as well.

The crew of the USS Theodore Roosevelt gave the aircraft carrier's ousted skipper a loving farewell on Friday, assembling in the hundreds in the ship's hangar bay and cheering “Captain Crozier! Captain Crozier!” as the officer walked down the gangway to a car waiting pierside.
    In one video, Crozier is seen stepping off his ship for the last time as CO and turning to give his still-cheering crew a wave before walking away.
    “Now that’s how you send out one of the greatest captains we ever had!” said one sailor in a Facebook video first reported by Stars & Stripes. “The [greatest of all time], the man for the people.”

Another source with more videos.
    https://www.stripes.com/news/us/cap...-uss-roosevelt-commander-with-cheers-1.624732

Maybe it's the new Navy, but I don't think that popularity is a defining element for a man responsible for 4000+ souls and weaponrs that can level a country.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    NO. No Soup for you, or free government cheese.

R.T.F.M.
    sba.gov

We received an email from Old National, the application we filled out this week has been changed and is now "obsolete" as of this morning. We have to go through and fill out a new application they just issued a couple hours ago before the bank can send everything in. Just a heads up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We had better improve security on the southern border asap. Mexico is doing very little in regard to covid-19,and when things head south many will try to head north.

^this.
    The mexican president has been in denial about the c-virus. Even his own party is mad at him! People in mexico are going about their daily lives like nothing is wrong. Mexico city is going to be worse then our New York city before this is over as they are so clustered in there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ^this.
    The mexican president has been in denial about the c-virus. Even his own party is mad at him! People in mexico are going about their daily lives like nothing is wrong. Mexico city is going to be worse then our New York city before this is over as they are so clustered in there.

Yep.

[video=youtube;o3z-MH-xxdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3z-MH-xxdI[/video]

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard that what banks had last night was still “draft” and that the SBA loan process can’t actually start until 2 PM today.

Well, I have the updated application in another window and it is different, the interest rate has also gone up again. I don't know, maybe my bank is mistaken but they are saying the "old" application will not be accepted. Honestly, not really a big deal, it takes only 10 minutes to fill out the new one.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    ^this.

Mexico has closed down non-essential businesses. They even stopped making Corona beer. Not because of the name - sales were increased quite a bit as of late - but because they were considered non-essential.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well, I have the updated application in another window and it is different, the interest rate has also gone up again. I don't know, maybe my bank is mistaken but they are saying the "old" application will not be accepted. Honestly, not really a big deal, it takes only 10 minutes to fill out the new one.

Main changes appear to be one person can sign as representative instead of all who own over 20%. But is appears the calculations are now to be based on calendar 2019 instead of the trailing 12 months. Those with very seasonal business have some flex in this.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EUsQTa6UcAAnZrf

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Mexico has closed down non-essential businesses. They even stopped making Corona beer. Not because of the name - sales were increased quite a bit as of late - but because they were considered non-essential.

And non-drinkable, AMIRITE?

I wonder if we could use Corona beer to kill the Corona virus? If you've ever tasted it then you know it's not THAT much of a stretch!:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom