ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wanna bet?

My wife just blocked one of her facebook friends....the homeschooling mom circle is wide, but includes some, kindly, fringe types. This is what she had been ranting about:

COVID-19 is a lab created virus (us, not them) introduced in China, but with the intent to spread it across the world so that people will be clamoring for vaccinations...at the darkest hour, a vaccination will be announced (already created) which will contain nanoparticles which will allow everyone to be tracked...using 5g.

Not kidding.

A guy from work swears it’s a hoax. He said it’s just to make us stay home and boost food sells.

Ya, were tanking the economy to “boost” groceries, a need that everyone buys anyway. :rolleyes:
    I've heard some wild ones, and none of them can show a consistent line of logic, but they sure are good at changing the subject. The best was we were going to be locked in the house by the national guard, and while we were in there 'they' were going to install camera system in the sky so they could track our movements. Been there, done that.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am concerned about the loss of freedom of movement and freedom of decisions of what is best for my family both short and long term. That is quite reasonable. I Am also concerned about the Chinese virus, also quite reasonable. The truth in usually in the moderate middle most times...

You're still free to move about for essential things, grocery store, gas, pharmacy and other needed things.

If you're your freedom loving butt feels the need to go buy something that there is no immediate need for other than because you want it, then you and others like you are part of the problem. This is the same attitude that was taken by the thousands of people who decided to take a cruise or go on spring break and coming into contact with a infected person.

My favorite quote from the Movie Hoosiers....

Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter,
    the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.

Your need to "Feel free to roam out and about for no reason other than "it's my constitutional rights" Is exactly why there is a problem of with the spread of this virus.
    I have no problem with people moving about for essential needs, it's the one who goes to buy a DVD, gets infected because some infected fool coughed on that DVD that the person infected all he has contact with.

You are no help to your family and loved ones if if you get infected, you more than likely have endangered all around you and the 10X factor.

Actions have consequences.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    But what will I tell my bowling team when I don’t show up?

Take a blind score now, or search for a new teammate. On more than one occasion in my many, many years of bowling we opted for this rather than getting a sub and him bowling like crap and having no chance at all.

I hear there may be a used bowling ball in the classifieds. No pics though.

:whistle:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nashville Mayor John Cooper announced during his virtual State of the Metro address Tuesday that he plans to “sharply increase” the city’s property tax rate.

Cooper said the Nashville Finance Department predicts that revenue from sales taxes and other activities will be down between $200 and $300 million because of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/04/0...tornado-devastation-and-coronavirus-pandemic/

Is there anyone here who believes this won’t become more common as this drags on? The government (federal or state) doesn’t like to miss meals...they’re going to eat...and you’re going to keep it fed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Does anyone remember the model I posted in beta form?
    It is now the one the White house used today. Myself and a few others did get some changes made to it.
    The president himself today pointed out it was an absolute best case scenario based on everyone staying home and socially isolating.

I contacted a few others,and did get some changes made to the model on both the 30,and today. They posted the updates on COVID-19 estimation updates | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
    It does improve the model. It is still not perfect,but as I pointed out when it was just a beta model it is a good one,especially if you want the best possible case.

The shaded areas are not high and low range,but the error percent in the lowest best case run. Just an FYI. And yes I was on the three hour call on the 30 and the 3 hour call this morning.

COVID-19 estimation updates | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation Indiana is also using this model. Click the United States of America and scroll down to Indiana if you want to see it.

They understand the model is not perfect,and most of the conversation was how to present enough information to get states to take action without sounding alarmist. So that is what was done.

Be well,be safe,you are loved.

Interesting model. The one thing that stands out the most to me is that 2/3 of the projected shortage of both hospital beds and ICU beds come from New York.

Outside of New York, this still appears to be a very serious, but manageable, virus/infection.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It is not that safe of a drug. Here is a veteran run site that goes into great detail about past and current issues with United States soldiers who have taken it,and suffered some of the side effects.
    https://quinism.org/press-releases/...SKpIyR6SL5YmRkxckN64L-xSwSZU7jVrPY9djeDUwkIQ0

Uh, consider the source, perhaps. This is not exactly an unbiased one:

[h=1]About Us[/h]

The Quinism Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization established to support education and research on chronic quinoline encephalopathy and other medical conditions caused by poisoning, or intoxication, by mefloquine, tafenoquine, chloroquine, and related quinoline drugs. The Quinism Foundation is proud to join the VA’s National Center for PTSD in making the beautiful village of White River Junction, Vermont its home.

https://quinism.org/about-us/

Use of chloroquine for acute viral treatment has nothing at all to do with, nor is it subject to the risks of, chronic use.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [Images of outbreak charts were here]

Reporting these as total infections/deaths, rather than on a per capita basis, makes them largely meaningless.

Comparing Singapore to the US is approximately like comparing Minnesota to the US as a whole.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Interesting model. The one thing that stands out the most to me is that 2/3 of the projected shortage of both hospital beds and ICU beds come from New York.

Outside of New York, this still appears to be a very serious, but manageable, virus/infection.

That right there is a humongous indicator of where this problem has been managed poorly.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reporting these as total infections/deaths, rather than on a per capita basis, makes them largely meaningless.

Comparing Singapore to the US is approximately like comparing Minnesota to the US as a whole.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1244380095164420101

A quick chart for those who keep asking for per-capita adjustment:

Here’s population vs total death toll one week after 10th death.

No relationship.

As I’ve been saying, population does not affect pace of spread. All per-capita figures do is make smaller countries look worse.

EUTtGI0XQAEjhGO

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom