• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    NYC Lung Doctor Tells His Family How to Protect Themselves from COVID-19

Dr. David Price is a critical care pulmonologist (aka lung doctor) at Weill Cornell Hospital in New York City. NYC is the current epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S.

“We know that if you keep your hands clean, you’re not going to get this,” Dr. Price said...

You don’t need to live in a bubble...

Become aware of how much you’re touching your face and STOP IT...

Dr. Price and his team wear no masks when walking around the hospital hallways.
    When they’re walking into a room to talk to a patient, they’ll wear a basic cloth surgical mask.
    Only when they are going to perform what is known as an Aerosol Generating Procedure — ex. hooking someone up to a ventilator or doing anything where a patient is likely to spit, sneeze, or cough in their faces — will Dr. Price and his team wear N95 masks.
    According to Dr. Price, when healthcare providers are following these steps, zero of them are getting sick.

Just one guy's opinion. But he's in a better position to form an opinion than most.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    By far the largest update on underlying health conditions from the CDC.
    Preliminary Estimates of the Prevalence of Selected Underlying HealthConditions Among Patients with Coronavirus Disease 2019 — United States,February 12–March 28, 2020
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6913e2-H.pdf

7162 cases where they have reliable information.
    67,227 they have incomplete information.

That is not great.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Various events:

LA County fires Sheriff as Head of Emergency Ops Center...During an Emergency
    This is the guy who kept opening and closing gun stores.

And this is interesting:
    Chinese Backed Company's mission to source Australian medical supplies
    The Greenland Group is a Chinese government owned company that deals in real estate world wide. The Chinese government directed them to turn out all hands "[FONT=&amp]to find bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and Panadol[/FONT]" send it and it to China during January and February. They sent out the accountants, the secretaries, everybody to buy supplies in bulk, then used their meeting and boardrooms to box it all up and ship it to China.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought we were talking about hydroxychloroquine.
    If they are trying to high on that, you want a different doctor.

Pretty much unethical for both depending on the intended use.

If you're buying up supplies because, "I gotta get mine", and that's causing harm to others that need that drug; then isn't that a violation of the Hippocratic Oath?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Pretty much unethical for both depending on the intended use.

If you're buying up supplies because, "I gotta get mine", and that's causing harm to others that need that drug; then isn't that a violation of the Hippocratic Oath?

Sure sounds unethical to me, but then I don't want all the doctors dying either because that could shorten my outlook too.
    Maybe they need to make more of the __________.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I am astounded at you law dogs in all this lockdown stuff. How is any of it constitutional?

Ok lets say you're driving through an area that is under lockdown but is riddled with all kinds of exceptions for essential this and essential that.

Now you get pulled over by police. What is the reasonable articulable suspicion for the initial detainment?

Police Officer comes up to your windows asks for DL and registration and proceeds to play 20 questions.

You decide to exercise your right not to self incriminate. You invoke your right to legal counsel.

Officer ends up deciding to arrest you for violation of this lockdown order.

Where is the evidence the prosecutor would present?

They cant prove or disprove you did or did not fall into one of the many exceptions for travel under the lockdown order.

(and thats assuming the governor or local officials have any authority to mandate a lockdown outside of declaring martial law anyways.)

My advice would be to ask the officer repeatedly if you are being detained. Then inform the officer that you do not wish to create joinder with him/her. Once they realize that you know your rights, they will always apologize and let you go on your way.

:)

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    In the scientific world this kind of low rent observational study offers the lowest scientific merit so yes it is a puff piece lol and not typically worthy of a high impact journal like NEJM. This officially trained contact trace team couldn't even determine the direction of infection from facility to facility not that I fault them for that. According to Table 1. at the time of publication there had not been any employee deaths but maybe it happened later in March? Once information started coming out about the danger to older adults, many nursing homes did start locking down entry and access earlier in March anyway (the CDC put out their report about this article on March 18). I wouldn't call it bad science just not particularly useful. Kudos to the authors though the NEJM is probably the highest impact factor journal out there at 70.6, even beating JAMA at 51.3! It didn't take over a month to complete, the data they used was over a month, in the manuscript they are still citing data from as late as March 18 so they couldn't have finished a manuscript any earlier than that. The e-publication date is March 27 so it was submitted and accepted and published in a maximum of nine days. I'm sorry I wasn't as excited as you were over this study.

Unfortunately, retirement communities, rest homes, convalescent homes, whatever the preferred term is, will be effected severely. This is one I just read about in CA: https://abc7.com/coronavirus-covid-19-san-bernardino-county-yucaipa-outbreak/6066636/

Because of their situation they are really low on the list of receiving any surplus or stored supplies from FEMA or DHS. A local group in Northwest Indiana was making fabric masks for those facilities with the help of JoAnns Fabrics. JoAnns was assembling the kits for free (specialty fabric and elastic) and the group would pick them up and sew them together. Last week JoAnns was shut down: https://www.nwitimes.com/news/joann...cle_6ed5dc97-566c-51e5-979b-62229df871e3.html

Thankfully, the Merrillville location is now picking up the slack and helping out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I may have missed it with the pace this thread rolls at. Has anyone expanded more on this? If so, where?
    I remember another post asking as well but didn't see anything after that.

I haven't seen anything new on it. I copied the information from the old Coronavirus thread, but didn't screenshot it, so I don't remember who originally posted the information.

I'm sorry but "proton pump inhibitor" sounds suspiciously like "flux capacitor."

I can't vouch for the information posted, but proton pump inhibitor medication (PPI) is extremely common. It's for heartburn/GERD.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A national tragedy. Trump should be impeached over this...

18-wheeler carrying toilet paper crashes in Dallas :(

WJNT5Mg.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    My advice would be to ask the officer repeatedly if you are being detained. Then inform the officer that you do not wish to create joinder with him/her. Once they realize that you know your rights, they will always apologize and let you go on your way.

:)

This.

Ive also found that claiming sovereignty works as well. If they won’t listen, just repeatedly scream I know my rights and you’re going on YouTube. That’s sure to make them leave

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom