• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Considering that there is a complete lack of consensus regarding which of the four potential QBs Carolina actually intends to pick (i.e. that there is no consensus standout among them), I'd say that's a really, really big "if".

And if they are so close together that any one of the four of them could be picked, then I say that's all the more reason for the Colts to stay put rather than sell the farm to move up.

One of the four will be there for the Colts at the 4 pick.
    Logical and in my thinking since the word of the trade came out…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If our pick stands over 5'11" I'm happy :cool:

Looks like INGO is settled on these 4 to be the likely candidates to go first.

Straud 6-3
    Young 5-10
    Richardson 6-4
    Levis 6-4

Pretty good chance Colt’s pick meets your standards.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m glad the Colts didn’t trade away a bunch of high picks over the next few seasons. They’re gonna get one of the four regardless.
    It is an overstatement to say the trade for the number one pick took “a bunch of picks over the next few seasons”.

They traded current position in line, a second round pick, next years first round unknown pick position, and a decent receiver with a bloated salary. (Just so happens that Bears have a lot of cap space for a bloated salary and needed a receiver.)

Now let’s look at a value chart similar to what many pros use.

The Panthers got a pick valued at 3000 and got rid of a player with a salary they did not have room for. The Bears got a pick valued at 1350, the second round pick valued at 500, and next years first rounder that most likely will have a value of 700-1500. Isn’t that interesting the Panthers traded 2550-3350 to get a guaranteed pick worth 3000*.

*The pick itself is what is valued here, not the player chosen and the future pick could be worth more or less but that is outside the norms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Describing how Ballard operates is “justifying why the Colts should have paid a higher price to trade up”?
    I’m sorry if I misunderstood you. It seemed to me that this and some other posts you made were implying that Ballard should have made the effort to trade up.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’m sorry if I misunderstood you. It seemed to me that this and some other posts you made were implying that Ballard should have made the effort to trade up.
    I truly do not know what the right move is. If the media cannot narrow it down to even a pair of top contenders, that seems to indicate there is no clear #1 in this draft. A couple of months ago I probably was more for moving up but then it appeared there was more consensus that I do not see today.

I do hope they throughly evaluated the situation and decided to stay, not got beat…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think at this point, if there is a pick among the prospects that’s gonna turn into a franchise guy, it’s not apparent. Picking # 3 on a guess isn’t gonna make it all that much less likely that they’ll find their franchise player.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have wondered if Ballard likes Levis and that is why he did not move, he feels he will get him at 4.

I also expect someone to move up to the third pick ahead of the Colts.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I could see this happening. I hope not to the Colts.

1. Pick small agile QB
    2. Small agile QB does great things until injured.
    3. Small agile QB comes back next year not as agile after injury. Does well enough to demand huge contract.
    4. Keeps team in turmoil over contract and once getting huge contract gets injured once again.
    5. Repeat #3 and continue pattern.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

1. Pick small agile QB
    3. Small agile QB comes back next year not as agile after injury. Does well enough to demand huge contract.
    4. Keeps team in turmoil over contract and once getting huge contract gets injured once again.
    I think that is the RGIII story. LOL

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have wondered if Ballard likes Levis and that is why he did not move, he feels he will get him at 4.

Levis has the physical tools, has played in a pro type offence for 2 seasons. Very sharp student of the game. Big question is his decision making. Some of those problems would have been hidden behind a 5 star offensive line with 5 star receivers. I watched every Kentucky game the last 2 years and I couldn't say he's the one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

1) Carolina Panthers* (from Chicago)
    2) Houston Texans
    3) Arizona Cardinals
    4) Indianapolis Colts

Several teams need a qb. The likelihood is high else might try to trade up to have a shot at the top 4 qb’s. Houston is already gonna get the 2nd qb. Cardinals might trade down. Worst the colts could do is Levis. Mock drafts have been saying colts will end up with him.

I’d almost put money on Panthers taking Straud, Texans taking Young, someone trading up to get either Levis or Richardson. And the the colts picking from whoever else is left.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

1. Pick small agile QB
    The consensus currently is that Young goes to Panthers, Stroud to Texans, so small will not be on the board most likely. The wild card will be will someone move up and if they do I suspect it will be to get Richardson. Leaving Levis for the Colts…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom