• Status
    Not open for further replies.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    It's like saying, "With all due respect," or "But I don't mean that in a bad way." People think it gives them permission to be rude or a dick or both, but it doesn't. It just proves that they are aware that they are being rude or a dick.

That's not some stupid sports event where no one is going to care. I've seen video of the guard yelling at people to be quiet or to stand. I hope at least that happened that the disrespectful, self-indulgent ass in the photo.

I think you mean its the equivalent of saying "I'm not a racist, but...."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It doesn't sound like the League needs the fans to pay for stuff then.

They may not. I've heard various angles on the league's financials and whether seats being filled will effect them, immediately anyway. Combine that with season ticket sales where the money is already in the bank and who knows?

One thing is for sure. If major advertisers start to drop, that'll be a problem. They'll likely never lose the sports related big advertisers, but alcohol, soda and food may be a different story.

A few million people contacting McD's to say they are boycotting until ties are broken with the NFL might make a difference?
    Especially if there was some follow through. Next week a no McDonalds week?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

A guy I went to school with called that "bees head". He and the other black dudes got on that kid about it...Keep in mind this was the 70's and there was a pick in every back pocket....I asked for clarification and I remember Terry and Jesse explaining "Afro etiquette" to me at that time.....

He was not respecting his Afro....Very not cool I was told......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A guy I went to school with called that "bees head". He and the other black dudes got on that kid about it...Keep in mind this was the 70's and there was a pick in every back pocket....I asked for clarification and I remember Terry and Jesse explaining "Afro etiquette" to me at that time.....

He was not respecting his Afro....Very not cool I was told......

Back then, sure, not cool. Bob Marley changed that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you believe that meme is valid?

The way I interpret what it's saying, yes. I do. So let's say the department is corrupt top to bottom. I think more often than not, if you cooperate with police--which has an interpretation itself--it'll go better for you than if you don't. Cop pulls me over, asks questions, I'm not going to be combative. If the cops do something I think is abusive, I'm going to continue to cooperate to the extent I can. They want to cuff me, I'll tell them what I think but I'm not going to resist. And then go through the channels afterwards to try to get justice. Maybe those channels are corrupt too, and maybe I won't get justice. But it's less likely I'll be shot. And I think I'm right in terms of race as well. I think if a black person is falsely taken into custody, it's way more likely he's gonna get hurt badly or be shot if he violent resists.

That's what that meme says to me. I think I know what it says to you. And I think we're both thinking about it from our own personal biases.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom