Hobart
    2ih8i1s.jpg

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I say, enough is enough! All the NFL players whom sit or kneel during the pre-game National Anthem......

...should be forced to listen to 'Herman's Hermits' songs, the entire half-time.

"I'm Henery the 8th, I am,
    Henery the 8th I am, I am...
    I got married to the widow next door,
    she's been married seven times before...
    And every one was an 'enery
    she wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam (NO SAM!!)
    I'm her 8th old man, I'm Henery.
    Henery the 8th I am, I am
    Henery the 8th I am.

(second verse, same as the first)

I'm Henery the 8th, I am....

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I announced around 27 that I was a registered Republican, my Aunt said my grandpa flipped over in his grave! Come from a long line of Democrats. However, to listen to them talk about their beliefs, you'd swear you were at a gathering of conservatives.

You should point that out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As I'm sure you know, failure to comply with an officer's verbal commands is almost always a precursor to that result.

And I'm sure you know, that is not enough to justify killing or attempting to kill someone, sans an articulable threat to one's safety.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    ...with the implication that the alternative is death.

I guess when you dont follow the polices' directions there's always that chance, especially if you have a weapon. It goes across the board though and from statistics I've seen more white people were killed by police than African American in 2016.

34oy7gg.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess when you dont follow the polices' directions there's always that chance, especially if you have a weapon. It goes across the board though and from statistics I've seen more white people were killed by police than African American in 2016.

34oy7gg.jpg

Did I say anything about only Black people? And you're going to let that stand on it's own merit, without further explanation?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

34oy7gg.jpg

Which when compared with the violent crime statistics would show, if anything, that whites are killed more often than one would predict.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    You should point that out.

Oh, I have, and I get the ole eye role. Had Mom & Dad take an online quiz to determine their political leanings, Mom was 89% Republican, Dad was 93% (could have those reversed, was during post Clinton years). They both said the quiz was rigged to show only that you were conservative.

I took it and answered what I thought a liberal would answer & got high 90s Democrat. They read my answers & said the Democrats weren't for any of those things. Sigh....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

34oy7gg.jpg

Percentage of total population might push the agenda that people of color are being shot by LEO at a far greater number. But if the rest of the statistics are applied it would point to the fact that the greater rate of criminal activity is reflected here.

But in the protests that we (whites) as a culture are punishing those of color this statistic is never included. That stirs the emotions and then the media spins all this up for ratings. There are some very simple answers to all of this but I will just stand down now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom