• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Guys, enjoy the consensus of the thread while you can. A couple good pages. Someone will be along shortly to make sure and tell us how terrible and wrong we are.

Nah, I'm still here, I just admiring the lamentations... because, this stuff is accelerating rather than slowing down. So I expect to see many more lamentations in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nah, I'm still here, I just admiring the lamentations... because, this stuff is accelerating rather than slowing down. So I expect to see many more lamentations in the future.

It is getting Bizzaro weird reading all these idiotic news stories. We have become the freaking inquirer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is getting Bizzaro weird reading all these idiotic news stories. We have become the freaking inquirer.

No doubt, the vast majority of them are idiotic. Unfortunately, when some issues are arguably legitimate, and they too are all dismissed, people just raise the ante. To some, to have ALL their complaints dismissed as invalid, and act like everything is ok, and think "what is there to complain about," you're going to have people who push the limits of sanity.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    No doubt, the vast majority of them are idiotic. Unfortunately, when some issues are arguably legitimate, and they too are all dismissed, people just raise the ante. To some, to have ALL their complaints dismissed as invalid, and act like everything is ok, and think "what is there to complain about," you're going to have people who push the limits of sanity.
    With so much complaining as of lately,it is very hard to sort ALL the truth from ​ALLof the fiction.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a sizeable population that accepts what the media feeds them uncritically. It is that segment that these stories are aimed at. For them we are awful because all the news they consume says so

This is nothing new by any measure. My Parents and relatives all drank the koolaid of the day. What ever the talking heads fed them was the absolute truth. All the lies the media put out about the Nam was to them the gospel. When my uncles and my friends returned from the conflict and attempted to tell them what actually happened they were ignored. Lever pulling UAW tow the line Democrats. How I ever made it out of there alive is a mystery. They were all gun owning hunting fools. Even when the 2-A was under assault they towed the party line.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    It took some time to shake that off. Once I did I was the outsider at family functions.

When I announced around 27 that I was a registered Republican, my Aunt said my grandpa flipped over in his grave! Come from a long line of Democrats. However, to listen to them talk about their beliefs, you'd swear you were at a gathering of conservatives.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When I announced around 27 that I was a registered Republican, my Aunt said my grandpa flipped over in his grave! Come from a long line of Democrats. However, to listen to them talk about their beliefs, you'd swear you were at a gathering of conservatives.

I think I've told this story before but one time my mom asked me how I ever became "such a republican" and when I told her she and dad taught me, she looked at me like I had grown a second head. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If one looks back the Dems. were very much different when I was a kid. Very much. They have morphed over the years. But my people were steadfast in their ways and drank copious amounts of the UAW :koolaid:...The party changed but right up until Obama was elected they all failed to see it. When he put his hand on that bible I could hear their heads explode. But they stayed the course.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I've told this story before but one time my mom asked me how I ever became "such a republican" and when I told her she and dad taught me, she looked at me like I had grown a second head. :D

Brings to mind my Moms favorite cop out...."You were not raised that way"

Well gee wiz mom....you and the old man raised me.....:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom