Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know PH is fairly good. Have an affinity for it as my wife used to work for PH. But they simply dont deliver out my way...
    They won't deliver to us either... they must not want to range very far.
    The wife and I do like their thin and crispy supreme.
    Papa John's gives me really bad heartburn. I assume something about the sauce.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They won't deliver to us either... they must not want to range very far.
    The wife and I do like their thin and crispy supreme.
    Papa John's gives me really bad heartburn. I assume something about the sauce.

THIS.

I've been digging Domino's lately.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wait, wat? Papa John's needs to make a better pizza then.

True story....

Danny Boys Tavern, Clarksville, Indiana ca 1985-86

Myself and a couple of buddies were heading out for a night of mullet swaying and were all moussed up...Before heading to the expensive clubs where the young ladies were we would drink some of Danny Boy's $1 long necks and order a pizza...A buddy of ours, Eric Schnatter, a part time bartender and fireman in Jeffersonville was tending bar that night...

As usual we were going to order a pizza and Eric said his cousin John had just started making pizza's at his dad's lounge, (Mick's Lounge) and to give it a try...He said it's pretty good stuff....Eric made the call and a half hour later in a souped up Camaro, his cousin John showed up with our Pizza....he opened the pizza box with a flourish and asked if he could sit with us and get our input...We sort of knew him as everyone down here back then did...His dad had been the liquor salesman for the hotel I worked at...His name is Jack Schnatter and was a really good guy....

We ate the pizza and after a bit John looked at me and said, "Tell me the truth Rick...What do you think?"

I hesitated and said, "To be honest John I don't like it...It tastes kind of funny..."

Rather than getting mad at that he got excited...

"YES!!!! Yes it does...Do you know why???"

"No sir.."

"It's because I use only fresh ingredients...You are used to canned ingredients and your taste buds are just not used to it..."

"Okay man...Good luck to you..."

"Thanks...Here before long I am moving out of dad's broom closet at the bar and am going to open up a real store front..."

"Well good luck to you...."

And that is the story of how my first Papa John's was delivered to me by John Schnatter himself....He sold the car a couple of weeks later to finance the opening of his first retail store front....

papa-john-schnatter.png

papajohnscamaro365_0.jpg

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Donatos used to have a killer Philly cheese steak pizza. Then, for some reason, they decided to quit selling it. They went out of business a while later. Serves them right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Try the Pizza Hut skinny. It's amazing. And if you have a Hungry Howies, dang near everything they have is awesome.

Isn't that essentially the thin-n-crispy crust with skimpy toppings?

I do think the thin-n-crispy crust is better tasting than Papa John's thin crust. But overall I like Papa John's a little better.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Isn't that essentially the thin-n-crispy crust with skimpy toppings?

I do think the thin-n-crispy crust is better tasting than Papa John's thin crust. But overall I like Papa John's a little better.

No! The crust isn't crispy.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wow, looks like the NFL had a real free for all this weekend. Is that a way to get people back or just further proof that the players are out of control?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still no violence right? Just people saying "you can protest, just protest the way we want you to protest."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am still sideways over the "Owners" statement.
    I have always worked for an owner even when it was me. Except for public service and the like we all work for an owner. Get the **** over it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am still sideways over the "Owners" statement.
    I have always worked for an owner even when it was me. Except for public service and the like we all work for an owner. Get the **** over it.

Yeah, Green shouldn't have said that, be he's not the sharpest guy in the world. One thing people need to remember about these athletes, is that (to us) they're kids. They still don't have a lot of life experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom