Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We raced there once in 2008 and haven't gone back. Dad was driving and I apparently had become distracted in the staging lanes.
    Anyway he does the burn out, backs up and stages. I hit the button to start the data recorder. Yellows flash and he is gone like a bullet. That's when I realized oh S***, I forgot to pull the safety pin from the parachute. He gets down to the end of the track and he was pretty much standing on the brakes, threw the back end around and drove off the track. The safety crew wasn't amused and were pissed even after he explained he pull the chute handle but it didn't deploy. They apparently thought he should have run off into the catch net (they had a catch net in front of the sand trap). There were other cars that day that had trouble getting stopped and locked up front tires trying and one blew out the front tires getting stopped.
    Needless to say we decided it was best for ua not to go race there. Nice little track and facilities though
    We ran 6.0's there in full boogie trim and I did not like the shutdown section.
    The Biscayne was fine as it was slower.
    We did pretty well at that track.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The article said the judge ordered them to settle it or there was a court date but it did not say who got it and sent it to the museum or sold it to them…
    Cut from the article

closer to $20 million. Entering its fifth decade, CSX2287, which became the first entry in the National Historic Vehicle Register last year, has traded its dusty storage locker for the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, where it sits safely behind ropes, never to be forgotten again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cut from the article

closer to $20 million. Entering its fifth decade, CSX2287, which became the first entry in the National Historic Vehicle Register last year, has traded its dusty storage locker for the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia, where it sits safely behind ropes, never to be forgotten again.
    I believe Simion paid 4 million for it.

Top Bottom