Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. Yes I do

Shelby Daytona Coupe
    Winner.
    There are maybe 3 possibly 4 of these left. 1 went for Millions at Mecums a few years back. It was Bob Bondurant's car.

You know how deep I am invested in my Fan boy for the Bow Tie but in truth the Cobras of all styles and the GT-40 are my favorite race cars.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Little history lesson..
    The Shelby Daytona Coupe was designed to compete against Ferrari in the GT class at Le mans before Shelby was brought on by Ford to become heavily involved in adapting the GT40 to compete in the prototype class again against Ferrari

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Winner.
    There are maybe 3 possibly 4 of these left. 1 went for Millions at Mecums a few years back. It was Bob Bondurant's car.

You know how deep I am invested in my Fan boy for the Bow Tie but in truth the Cobras of all styles and the GT-40 are my favorite race cars.
    They were before my time, but I really can't think of any other car that has the lines, curves, stance quite like the Cobra, Daytona or GT40 (especially the Gulf color GT40)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They were before my time, but I really can't think of any other car that has the lines, curves, stance quite like the Cobra, Daytona or GT40 (especially the Gulf color GT40)
    The Gulf car is what set my mind on fire. I have heard a full on Cobra competition (not an SC) at full song at Daytona. It was amazing. I wish I could have heard a GT as well. My uncle lived (stationed) in Germany near the ring. He used to speak of these cars with awe.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The Gulf car is what set my mind on fire. I have heard a full on Cobra competition (not an SC) at full song at Daytona. It was amazing. I wish I could have heard a GT as well. My uncle lived (stationed) in Germany near the ring. He used to speak of these cars with awe.
    I would have loved to hear one (any of them) at full song and working the throttle in/out of the twisty's. Dang I was born a generation too late

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Winner.

I had to look it up to refresh my memory of what I had been told.
    Dan Gurney and Bob Bondurant won the 1964 24 hr of Le Mans in the Daytona Coupe racing in the GT class. Provenance like that and very limited numbers overall justify the millions price it was sold for. I would probably never leave my garage again if I had it

Top Bottom