Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Winner.
    There are maybe 3 possibly 4 of these left. 1 went for Millions at Mecums a few years back. It was Bob Bondurant's car.

You know how deep I am invested in my Fan boy for the Bow Tie but in truth the Cobras of all styles and the GT-40 are my favorite race cars.
    I too am a big Shelby and Cobra Fan, but I just love the Chevrolet powered Cheetah's. Obviously not as spectacularly successful as Shelby's cars but still very successful in their own right. Ill take two please.

1650325983214.jpeg

1650326044531.jpeg

1650326074040.jpeg

Last edited:

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Growing up in Flint, MI most of us were GM people. We actually had a pretty healthy disdain for Fords. Just because that was Detroit iron and we were strictly GM in Flint.

But we made an exception for the Cobra's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah and their song is much different than hearing one at full song just running down a drag strip.
    My dad still has his Gulf colored GT40 1:24 scale slot car from when he was a kid
    You know it is different. Sustained red line pushing the wind around turn 4 on the banking. Goose bumps and a knowing smile.
    Then ripping into the twisties down off the banking and dropping gears for that section.
    I need a moment alone fellas.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Every time I see one of these I appreciate the talent and work it took to do this since Chevy never made a convertible in 66 or 67. I’ve seen some nail it like this car and I’ve seen some hacked.
    0F90D79E-7F55-4DD0-9D60-7AC48C2BC12D.jpeg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 195720
    This little guy was at the dragstrip in Terre Haute Saturday, it didnt make any runs but sounded healthy.
    That track was always a favorite of ours. Friday nite tow over after work. Test passes all evening. Camp in the grassy pit areas. Than 1st lite cook breakfast and get ready to race.
    Short shut down for the really fast guys.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That track was always a favorite of ours. Friday nite tow over after work. Test passes all evening. Camp in the grassy pit areas. Than 1st lite cook breakfast and get ready to race.
    Short shut down for the really fast guys.
    We raced there once in 2008 and haven't gone back. Dad was driving and I apparently had become distracted in the staging lanes.
    Anyway he does the burn out, backs up and stages. I hit the button to start the data recorder. Yellows flash and he is gone like a bullet. That's when I realized oh S***, I forgot to pull the safety pin from the parachute. He gets down to the end of the track and he was pretty much standing on the brakes, threw the back end around and drove off the track. The safety crew wasn't amused and were pissed even after he explained he pull the chute handle but it didn't deploy. They apparently thought he should have run off into the catch net (they had a catch net in front of the sand trap). There were other cars that day that had trouble getting stopped and locked up front tires trying and one blew out the front tires getting stopped.
    Needless to say we decided it was best for ua not to go race there. Nice little track and facilities though

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Top Bottom