Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Some useless information but I thought it was cool....

1959 Curtiss-Wright Model 2500 Air-Car

Curtiss Wright had been producing airplanes for many years when they started their ground effects program. They had developed the Air Car as a four-passenger commercial vehicle and hoped that it would be accepted by the public as a sort of air-cushioned equivalent of the family car. Lift was provided by two vertically mounted 180bhp aircraft engines and the air ducts on the sides and rear made it possible to maneuver around.936E0DD5-8A48-40C7-B4CA-3C2D802658A7.jpeg

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Some useless information but I thought it was cool....

1959 Curtiss-Wright Model 2500 Air-Car

Curtiss Wright had been producing airplanes for many years when they started their ground effects program. They had developed the Air Car as a four-passenger commercial vehicle and hoped that it would be accepted by the public as a sort of air-cushioned equivalent of the family car. Lift was provided by two vertically mounted 180bhp aircraft engines and the air ducts on the sides and rear made it possible to maneuver around.View attachment 196477
    "A gleaming Curtis-Wright air-car shoots towards me, two lanes wide..."

3cd6ba72f4cdf50d517ad7d2f7291c8d.960x639x1.jpg

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    This was a beautiful car when I bought it.
    68 Olds 98, 6 way Power seats, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, wonder bar radio.
    It was like driving around in your living room.
    A bunch of us went down to Madison Indiana to watch the hydroplane races.
    Hauling the mail down 421 heading into Madison next to a car load of friends in a 69 GTO.
    Suddenly my friend in the front seat yelled look out!
    I see the GTO out of the corner of my eye coming over into my lane and whipped that 4500 pound land yacht over into the emergency lane.
    I overcorrected, broke the rear end loose and chased the slide back-and-forth three or four times and had her slowed down to maybe 20 mph when I rolled her front end across one of those 2 Piece guardrails.
    Pulled to the side of the road Wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the radiator hose that was cut by the alternator fan.
    Took one of the double headlights from the right side and put it on the left.
    Chained the hood down and headed on into Madison.
    Passed my buddies in the GTO in town.
    They had been pulled over and went to jail for being under age under the influence and drunk driving.
    This picture was taken shortly after we got back by a girl who had gone out the open laundry room window you see in the background made her way down the second story coping stones onto my back porch through my back door and into my bedroom where she had her way with me.
    Oh to be 18 again!
    4B9F2B2E-EA9F-40D6-8F6A-435C4D08F37F.png

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    This was a beautiful car when I bought it.
    68 Olds 98, 6 way Power seats, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, wonder bar radio.
    It was like driving around in your living room.
    A bunch of us went down to Madison Indiana to watch the hydroplane races.
    Hauling the mail down 421 heading into Madison next to a car load of friends in a 69 GTO.
    Suddenly my friend in the front seat yelled look out!
    I see the GTO out of the corner of my eye coming over into my lane and whipped that 4500 pound land yacht over into the emergency lane.
    I overcorrected, broke the rear end loose and chased the slide back-and-forth three or four times and had her slowed down to maybe 20 mph when I rolled her front end across one of those 2 Piece guardrails.
    Pulled to the side of the road Wrapped a bunch of electrical tape around the radiator hose that was cut by the alternator fan.
    Took one of the double headlights from the right side and put it on the left.
    Chained the hood down and headed on into Madison.
    Passed my buddies in the GTO in town.
    They had been pulled over and went to jail for being under age under the influence and drunk driving.
    This picture was taken shortly after we got back by a girl who had gone out the open laundry room window you see in the background made her way down the second story coping stones onto my back porch through my back door and into my bedroom where she had her way with me.
    Oh to be 18 again!
    View attachment 196482
    Cool story

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    My own Red Barchetta - a 2002 ALMS Audi TT Quattro, kitted up properly for street and track use. I was a regular at Joliet's Autobahn as well as Blackhawk Farms. Possibly the best interior I've ever seen in a car, certainly the best I've ever owned. And it drove like a dream - even before all of my special enhancements. I've had lots of fun cars, for both on and off road, but this is the one I miss the most. My wife actually cried when we traded it for a proper family car, shortly before the birth of our first kid.

MK2_0101-2.JPG

MKS_0370.JPG

DSC04774.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

Quick cars and exhilarating driving can be, umm, "stimulating" to the right kinda gal.

Top Bottom