• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In regards to the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares to Abraham, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.” God later confirms this promise to Abraham’s son Isaac and Isaac’s son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel).

Exactly. The seed of Abraham isn't confined solely to Jews. Hence the song "Father Abraham." Rabbinic tradition says that Gods was only referring to the Jews, but scripture doesn't back that up. In fact scripture makes clear that being Jewish alone, does not qualify one. So it begs the question, are you willing to go with a tradition created by man, over rights to a land, than the scripture that seems to be contrary to it? Let me know if you need verses. I'm away from my laptop now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Which is where the thought that the land belongs to the Palestinians comes from. Abraham had an illegitimate son with a servant girl. That was his first born son. He later had a legitimate son with his wife Sarah.

Yep. As long as they aren't trying to claim it all for themselves, it's sound logic.
    Abraham had his name changed from Abram, because God made him the father of nations.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    The Arab people are not the children of Ishmael. Even if they were, they would still have no claim to Israel because Ishmael was excluded by God Himself from having any part in the covenant made with Abraham. Isaac was the only heir of the Abrahamic covenant. Thus the Arabs as a people have no claim to the land of Israel.
    The Muslims have no claim to the land of Israel either. Muhammad never went to Jerusalem except in a dream. The only ones with a spiritual and biblical claim to the land of Israel are the descendants of Isaac, the Jews.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Arab people are not the children of Ishmael. Even if they were, they would still have no claim to Israel because Ishmael was excluded by God Himself from having any part in the covenant made with Abraham. Isaac was the only heir of the Abrahamic covenant. Thus the Arabs as a people have no claim to the land of Israel.
    The Muslims have no claim to the land of Israel either. Muhammad never went to Jerusalem except in a dream. The only ones with a spiritual and biblical claim to the land of Israel are the descendants of Isaac, the Jews.

I can agree that followers of Islam, ALSO, have no claim to Israel. So in that regard, their claim is just as strong as that of those who follow Judaism... in that both deny the divinity of Christ. I'm not disagreeing with you on that point.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    When you guys get done with bible school debate hour, look up the King David Hotel. As much as I LIKE Netenyahu, I haven't trusted any Israeli government since '67. Sinking American ships for convenience doesn't sit well with me. As I learned more of the history, I developed a very different view of terrorism, and began to develop a very real lack of trust in governments in general. So, like it or not, a lot of what Kut says is correct. The big difference between myself and the rest of you is that I don't need a concordance to know that, in general, I like Israelis, but I distrust their government.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    The Israeli government is not perfect. I agree that any government should be viewed suspiciously. I don't fault the Israelis for looking out for themselves, that's what governments do. We're no different, getting caught spying on our European "friends" and trying to secretly overthrow regimes we don't care for. If you point the finger at them, you have to point it at you/us as well.

Also, I don't think you can separate the country of Israel from biblical prophecy. Most of the Bible IS about the Jews and Israel, just the historical references and records contained in it are very valuable culturally. Show me another nation that was destroyed, its people scattered, and was reborn in a day, roughly 2500 years later. Heck, even their "dead" language was reborn. Merry Christmas indeed :)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Well here's the issue. Israel is completely entitled to keep the land that won during the war. Spoils. I'm ok with that. However, Israel views itself as a Jewish state, and the majority of people in those areas, aren't Jewish. If Israel goes with the one state idea, what happens to all those people? Do they become citizens with full rights? The numbers of Jew vs non-Jew is about even. If they're given full rights, they potentially, and probably would vote out the current policies of the various Israeli administrations. I think we all know the Israelis aren't going to let that happen. So what then, are those living in the occupied areas simply going to forever be relegated as "partial citizens?" How well do you think that bodes for the long run? A two state solution should be the preferred option.... Unless one is ok with millions of people denied their natural rights.
    I'll remind you that natural rights are not contingent on what people might do.

Where else in the Middle East would the non-Jewish residents of Israel have as many rights and freedoms as they do in Israel? What other Middle Eastern country would even entertain the idea of accepting the Palestinians? Why should a people that fosters and promotes groups who openly deny the right of Israel to even exist be appeased? Do you really think they won't seek even more after such appeasement? How much of such appeasement will be enough? When dealing with a group that constantly wages war on its neighbors, isn't it preferable to most to deny them some rights instead of simply eliminating the problem?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If only that orange sliver were a little smaller, then there would be peace.

C0x4E2HVQAAfwlE.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From : http://nypost.com/2016/12/28/kerrys-one-sided-self-serving-sermon-for-mid-east-peace/

"After eight years of Obama, genocide and wholesale slaughter are already rampant in Syria, Yemen, Libya and the rest of the Mideast. ISIS controls land and exports terrorists to Europe and America. Russia and China instill fear in their neighbors. Kim Jong Un’s nukes threaten US territory, and soon Iran will join him."

"So Obama rushes to put out a fire in the only place that isn’t burning at the end of his presidency."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where else in the Middle East would the non-Jewish residents of Israel have as many rights and freedoms as they do in Israel? What other Middle Eastern country would even entertain the idea of accepting the Palestinians? Why should a people that fosters and promotes groups who openly deny the right of Israel to even exist be appeased? Do you really think they won't seek even more after such appeasement? How much of such appeasement will be enough? When dealing with a group that constantly wages war on its neighbors, isn't it preferable to most to deny them some rights instead of simply eliminating the problem?

I'm missing your point. Are you saying one should be happy being a second class citizen in Israel because they could be someplace else that's worse?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm missing your point. Are you saying one should be happy being a second class citizen in Israel because they could be someplace else that's worse?

Look, you're not an idiot. We al know that. Stop pretending and just play along with what you know darn well his point is. I am so freaking tired of the passive aggressive and subtle crap on here. If you can't be open and honest on a freaking internet board... :rofl:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Look, you're not an idiot. We al know that. Stop pretending and just play along with what you know darn well his point is. I am so freaking tired of the passive aggressive and subtle crap on here. If you can't be open and honest on a freaking internet board... :rofl:

Israel needs to figure out how to make a two state solution work, or admit that they are seeking an apartheid system. It's that simple.
    Actually, this is what I'd do. I'd give them (the Palestinians) a nation, on a 25 year trial period (overseen by international monitors). During that time, Israel has the right to ignore the sovereignty of the nation if threatened. Any shenanigans go on, the IDF goes in, identifies the trouble makers, and either kills or impressions them for life. If after the 25 years, the Palestinians are still causing trouble the land reverts back to Israel. Simple, and no one can complain that they didn't try.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Israel needs to figure out how to make a two state solution work, or admit that they are seeking an apartheid system. It's that simple.
    Actually, this is what I'd do. I'd give them (the Palestinians) a nation, on a 25 year trial period (overseen by international monitors). During that time, Israel has the right to ignore the sovereignty of the nation if threatened. Any shenanigans go on, the IDF goes in, identifies the trouble makers, and either kills or impressions them for life. If after the 25 years, the Palestinians are still causing trouble the land reverts back to Israel. Simple, and no one can complain that they didn't try.

Nice Utopian plan, but could you imagine trying to reverse it after 25 years? Talk about holy poop flying around!! :rofl:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom