• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Ive personally never liked Isreal being the international version of a welfare case. They're big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support. I have seen anything beneficial in our support of the govt of Isreal. They've stolen military secrets, killed our soldiers, withheld Intel that could saved lives, and have failed to be a stabilizing force in the Middle East. Aside from Biblical considerations, if one chooses to believe that "this" govt of Israel is the one that will be in power at the end of times, I see no logical reason for supporting them. Perhaps that's it...none of those reasons being anti-Semitic. If you have a compelling reason for continued unwavering support, I'm willing to listen.

[h=1]Genesis 2King James Version[/h]
    12 [SUP]3 [/SUP]And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If anyone is paying attention, the terrorists in Gaza have stated loudly, and repeatedly for the world to hear, they`ll not rest until they`ve wiped Israel off the face of the planet. You cannot make peace with someone whose reason for living is to murder you. Go ahead and say it, the so called, palestinians won`t accept a two-state solution. They ALL are hamas, therefore they ALL are terrorists. It clearly is simplistic to believe Israel can make peace with those who have stated many times, their plans to exterminate them.

And guess what?...those committing crimes associated with that, should be excluded from the process. But having known a number of Palestinians who I call "friends," I can say with certainty, there are are not ALL terrorists, and not all reject the idea of a two state solution. Further, they are not ALL Hamas. Hamas has plenty of enemies amongst other Palestinian groups.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    And guess what?...those committing crimes associated with that, should be excluded from the process. But having known a number of Palestinians who I call "friends," I can say with certainty, there are are not ALL terrorists, and not all reject the idea of a two state solution. Further, they are not ALL Hamas. Hamas has plenty of enemies amongst other Palestinian groups.

The fly in the ointment with your friends is that since they`re in no position to reject hamas, they`re irrelevant to the "peace process". As to whether all of them are terrorists, that`s a matter of opinion. We`ve both stated ours. Nevertheless, praytell, explain how hamas gets excluded from the process, since hamas is their government.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Genesis 2King James Version

12 [SUP]3 [/SUP]And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Well here's the big hitch. I'm only doing this because you brought religion into the conversation, and your views (while admittedly correct, from what I have seen) are very hardline. The Jewish people that occupy Israel don't believe that the Messiah you believe in, is the actual Messiah. In fact they actually reject him. The path to salvation is through Jesus. Not just for Gentiles, but for Jews as well. You used such hard language in another thread, that I must ask, what do you call a group of people, let alone an ENTIRE nation that denies the divinity of Jesus? I'd further ask, what is the reward they can expect for those denials? Look to the book of Romans.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The fly in the ointment with your friends is that since they`re in no position to reject hamas, they`re irrelevant to the "peace process". As to whether all of them are terrorists, that`s a matter of opinion. We`ve both stated ours. Nevertheless, praytell, explain how hamas gets excluded from the process, since hamas is their government.

You are in no position to reject the govt of the United States. Considering that some consider President Obama an Anti-Semite, is it fair to label you an anti-Semite, as well? I'm not completely sure how to answer you "Hamas...excluded from the process question," because I didn't reference exclusion, and honestly aren't exactly sure what you mean.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well here's the big hitch. I'm only doing this because you brought religion into the conversation, and your views (while admittedly correct, from what I have seen) are very hardline. The Jewish people that occupy Israel don't believe that the Messiah you believe in, is the actual Messiah. In fact they actually reject him. The path to salvation is through Jesus. Not just for Gentiles, but for Jews as well. You used such hard language in another thread, that I must ask, what do you call a group of people, let alone an ENTIRE nation that denies the divinity of Jesus? I'd further ask, what is the reward they can expect for those denials? Look to the book of Romans.

We agree on this to be sure. Salvation is found in only one Name, that name is Jesus. God still pursues and adores the Jews, they are still His chosen people, contrary to some twisted theology, and the Word teaches that there will be a point in time when the Jewish State FINALLY sees the truth and accepts Christ as the Messiah. We see, even today at this very minute, things beginning to line up against Israel, as Russia, (the King of the North), creating ties with Iran, (ancient Persia), and are adding China to their list of allies. And certainly, you must acknowledge Gods` admonishment that He will bless those who bless Israel. I want to be on the right side of this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We agree on this to be sure. Salvation is found in only one Name, that name is Jesus. God still pursues and adores the Jews, they are still His chosen people, contrary to some twisted theology, and the Word teaches that there will be a point in time when the Jewish State FINALLY sees the truth and accepts Christ as the Messiah. We see, even today at this very minute, things beginning to line up against Israel, as Russia, (the King of the North), creating ties with Iran, (ancient Persia), and are adding China to their list of allies. And certainly, you must acknowledge Gods` admonishment that He will bless those who bless Israel. I want to be on the right side of this.

Here's something I always thought was odd, and something to consider. Why would God bring non-believing Jews back to Israel, when that's the reason they were exiled in the first place? Obviously, I can't speak to Gods plan, but it is certainly confusing. Israel hasn't reached its potential, and it's debatable if this IS the Israel God speaks of as leading us to the completion of prophecy (at least it's govt). Until otherwise has been proven, I will not allow the govt of Israel to avoid criticism. It's a nation with a crown and a bow.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Here's something I always thought was odd, and something to consider. Why would God bring non-believing Jews back to Israel, when that's the reason they were exiled in the first place? Obviously, I can't speak to Gods plan, but it is certainly confusing. Israel hasn't reached its potential, and it's debatable if this IS the Israel God speaks of as leading us to the completion of prophecy (at least it's govt). Until otherwise has been proven, I will not allow the govt of Israel to avoid criticism. It's a nation with a crown and a bow.

I`m obviously not a theologian...I depend on good teachers, like my local Pastor, as well as several others I trust from Moody Bible College, as well as television. But God has chosen the Jewish people as His chosen people. Fortunately for us, He chose to allow the saving grace of the Gospel to be preached to the Gentile as well as the Jew. Thank you King Jesus! But I`ve not heard a soul question whether Israel is the assembling of the Jewish State as called for in Biblical prophesy, quite the contrary. Without exception, every teacher I hear teaches emphatically that the current Jewish State of Israel IS Bible prophesy fulfilled, which will lead up to the Battle of Armageddon, and ultimately, the return of King Jesus. As to why He would bring non-believing Jews back? I cannot speak to that, except to suspect that with so few messianic Jews around, how else could He have the Jewish State back?
    Nevertheless, I personally support Israel, almost without exception, just because God admonishes us to support her. For me, my loyalties lie in God-Almighty, my family, and the U.S. Constitution, and in THAT order. I bow the knee to NO man, but gladly do to King Jesus.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I`m obviously not a theologian...I depend on good teachers, like my local Pastor, as well as several others I trust from Moody Bible College, as well as television. But God has chosen the Jewish people as His chosen people. Fortunately for us, He chose to allow the saving grace of the Gospel to be preached to the Gentile as well as the Jew. Thank you King Jesus! But I`ve not heard a soul question whether Israel is the assembling of the Jewish State as called for in Biblical prophesy, quite the contrary. Without exception, every teacher I hear teaches emphatically that the current Jewish State of Israel IS Bible prophesy fulfilled, which will lead up to the Battle of Armageddon, and ultimately, the return of King Jesus. As to why He would bring non-believing Jews back? I cannot speak to that, except to suspect that with so few messianic Jews around, how else could He have the Jewish State back?
    Nevertheless, I personally support Israel, almost without exception, just because God admonishes us to support her. For me, my loyalties lie in God-Almighty, my family, and the U.S. Constitution, and in THAT order. I bow the knee to NO man, but gladly do to King Jesus.

I could have not said it any better...God gave that land to the Jews, not to the Palestinian people. If you look back in history, the great majority of Palestine is in Jordan.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    If we really want to get technical, All of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus some of Egypt and Syria, plus all of Jordan, plus some of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a fraction of the land God has promised.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If we really want to get technical, All of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus some of Egypt and Syria, plus all of Jordan, plus some of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a fraction of the land God has promised.

Let's get technical. Who did God promise that land to, or specifically whom specifically? Now find the exception. There's a song about it.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Let's get technical. Who did God promise that land to, or specifically whom specifically? Now find the exception. There's a song about it.

In regards to the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares to Abraham, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.” God later confirms this promise to Abraham’s son Isaac and Isaac’s son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel).

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    In regards to the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares to Abraham, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates.” God later confirms this promise to Abraham’s son Isaac and Isaac’s son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel).

Which is where the thought that the land belongs to the Palestinians comes from. Abraham had an illegitimate son with a servant girl. That was his first born son. He later had a legitimate son with his wife Sarah.

Top Bottom