• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ive personally never liked Isreal being the international version of a welfare case. They're big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support. I have seen anything beneficial in our support of the govt of Isreal. They've stolen military secrets, killed our soldiers, withheld Intel that could saved lives, and have failed to be a stabilizing force in the Middle East. Aside from Biblical considerations, if one chooses to believe that "this" govt of Israel is the one that will be in power at the end of times, I see no logical reason for supporting them. Perhaps that's it...none of those reasons being anti-Semitic. If you have a compelling reason for continued unwavering support, I'm willing to listen.

For the same reason we came to the aid of the Brits even prior to pearl harbor - a small country, philosophically like us (democratic, rule of law, capitalist) surrounded and beset by enemies. Call it an attempt to maintain an outpost of freedom in a land of chaos. Or attribute it to the eternal urge to fight bullying and bloodthirstiness at all levels.

Recall they did ALL their own fighting, we just gave them the means. There likely was an element of geopolitical strategy, given who supported and equipped their opponents. There likely was an element of guilt that we did not allow them to settle on our shores (plenty of guilt for europe in this, too). Do you also question our support for the FRG through the airlift and right up until the wall came down? Isn't the argument against our near single handed funding of NATO that they are "...big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support"

Are you Kutsistent in your application of those principles? Isn't the reason the State of Israel even HAS occupied territory to argue about because the "...big boys and girls" of the ME have repeatedly attacked them and gotten their asses handed to them every time? Would you like the withdrawal of US support to weaken them sufficiently so the next time they are attacked the outcome is different? Will that somehow bring stability to the ME?

Kut (surely knows the Palestinians are a convenient pawn and would not be welcome to settle in any other ME country)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, giving material support to the enemies of Israel isn't just dislike of the policies. Sorry, but nice try.

You're the one the offered the comparison. If you didn't think the logic was similar, you wouldn't have used the example you used.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For the same reason we came to the aid of the Brits even prior to pearl harbor - a small country, philosophically like us (democratic, rule of law, capitalist) surrounded and beset by enemies. Call it an attempt to maintain an outpost of freedom in a land of chaos. Or attribute it to the eternal urge to fight bullying and bloodthirstiness at all levels.

Recall they did ALL their own fighting, we just gave them the means. There likely was an element of geopolitical strategy, given who supported and equipped their opponents. There likely was an element of guilt that we did not allow them to settle on our shores (plenty of guilt for europe in this, too). Do you also question our support for the FRG through the airlift and right up until the wall came down? Isn't the argument against our near single handed funding of NATO that they are "...big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support"

Are you Kutsistent in your application of those principles? Isn't the reason the State of Israel even HAS occupied territory to argue about because the "...big boys and girls" of the ME have repeatedly attacked them and gotten their asses handed to them every time? Would you like the withdrawal of US support to weaken them sufficiently so the next time they are attacked the outcome is different? Will that somehow bring stability to the ME?

Kut (surely knows the Palestinians are a convenient pawn and would not be welcome to settle in any other ME country)

Lol, ok

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut (always ready to point out hypocrisy he perceives in others. Never willing to admit his own.)

You DID offer the comparison. If you want, reword it, but as it currently stands, my observation is valid. And I'll address any hypocrisy, on my part, that you can point out. But for the record, I am not above hypocrisy. I'm confident there are stances I have that are hypocritical, but it's rare.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well here's the issue. Israel is completely entitled to keep the land that won during the war. Spoils. I'm ok with that. However, Israel views itself as a Jewish state, and the majority of people in those areas, aren't Jewish. If Israel goes with the one state idea, what happens to all those people? Do they become citizens with full rights? The numbers of Jew vs non-Jew is about even. If they're given full rights, they potentially, and probably would vote out the current policies of the various Israeli administrations. I think we all know the Israelis aren't going to let that happen. So what then, are those living in the occupied areas simply going to forever be relegated as "partial citizens?" How well do you think that bodes for the long run? A two state solution should be the preferred option.... Unless one is ok with millions of people denied their natural rights.
    I'll remind you that natural rights are not contingent on what people might do.

Go back a little further, to say late 1947. What about the natural rights of the jews, who had just come close to being completely exterminated as a people in the most horrible ways? If you once decide to start looking to the past to see who owns that land, how far back do you want to go? You can go back a LONG way

To become something less than a 'partial citizen' and have rights within Israel, wouldn't you need to accept the existence of Israel? If being surrounded by powerful and inimical forces is such a viable idea (see the 'solution' part of 'two state solution') why are the Baltic States and the Balkans so nervous. Don't they think their problems have been 'solved'

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go back a little further, to say late 1947. What about the natural rights of the jews, who had just come close to being completely exterminated as a people in the most horrible ways? If you once decide to start looking to the past to see who owns that land, how far back do you want to go? You can go back a LONG way

To become something less than a 'partial citizen' and have rights within Israel, wouldn't you need to accept the existence of Israel? If being surrounded by powerful and inimical forces is such a viable idea (see the 'solution' part of 'two state solution') why are the Baltic States and the Balkans so nervous. Don't they think their problems have been 'solved'

hmmm, something to ponder

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It's a shame Obama couldn't have snuck Israel out the back door for another photo op with the garbage after the UN vote

Bibi is 100X the leader that Obama is. Obama only succeeds with a fawning press and the fears of racism, can you imagine if nearly every other country and his greatest ally were all out to crush him? He'd fold like a napkin. Netanyahu stands up and keeps coming back for more.

kut: which Israeli PM have you liked? Or all they all so bad that you have to blame Israel?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Actually, I fully support the us abstaining on the Israel vote. Settling the West Bank doesn't bode well for Peace in the region. Voting in agreement, or disagreement, with the resolution should both be avoid. And with Trump becoming the president soon, and putting up a guy who opposes the "two state" solution, things are only going to get worse. Abandoning the two state idea, is idiotic. Sometime you gotta wonder about the simpleton's running the planet.

How come I'm not surprised here?

Two state solution my ass... The Palestinians do not want peace. They have demonstrated this over and over again.

Kut, if someone pledged to kill you (or your family) in your sleep would you give them a room in your house?

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Ive personally never liked Isreal being the international version of a welfare case. They're big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support. I have seen anything beneficial in our support of the govt of Isreal. They've stolen military secrets, killed our soldiers, withheld Intel that could saved lives, and have failed to be a stabilizing force in the Middle East. Aside from Biblical considerations, if one chooses to believe that "this" govt of Israel is the one that will be in power at the end of times, I see no logical reason for supporting them. Perhaps that's it...none of those reasons being anti-Semitic. If you have a compelling reason for continued unwavering support, I'm willing to listen.

It is Important to stand with Israel because they are one of the few allies we have in that region. We share common interests, have common enemies and share a similar government system. A lot of innovation have come from Israel as well. And to get into something that I'm sure will blow up in my face, as a Christian nation, it is our duty to stand with Israel.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    "Oh, the missiles come in 20 miles to the north, not here. Come see us!"

"If bus explode, put head down." (To be fair, Vlad hadn't spoken english in several years.)

Actual quotes from friends out that a way. This is the world they live in.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    England,and France both voted for it.Egypt shelved the resolution.New Zealand put it back on the table.New Zealand.John Kerry went there a few weeks back to set up the deal.They I think are knee deep.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

"They're big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support"...

...and the same goes for those on the public dole here, right? Something tells me you would oppose my railing against the domestic Welfare State...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "They're big boys and girls, they should be able to survive without American taxpayer support"...

...and the same goes for those on the public dole here, right? Something tells me you would oppose my railing against the domestic Welfare State...

I'd love for you to find a post where I have EVER had an opinion of supporting the domestic welfare system. I have no idea where you would come up with that idea... oh wait.... actually I do.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's a shame Obama couldn't have snuck Israel out the back door for another photo op with the garbage after the UN vote

Bibi is 100X the leader that Obama is. Obama only succeeds with a fawning press and the fears of racism, can you imagine if nearly every other country and his greatest ally were all out to crush him? He'd fold like a napkin. Netanyahu stands up and keeps coming back for more.

kut: which Israeli PM have you liked? Or all they all so bad that you have to blame Israel?

Meir, Shamir, Peres all standout. They had their bad moments, but they were people who actually looked for solutions. During the times they lived, it's had to argue with their decisions.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Actually, I fully support the us abstaining on the Israel vote. Settling the West Bank doesn't bode well for Peace in the region. Voting in agreement, or disagreement, with the resolution should both be avoid. And with Trump becoming the president soon, and putting up a guy who opposes the "two state" solution, things are only going to get worse. Abandoning the two state idea, is idiotic. Sometime you gotta wonder about the simpleton's running the planet.

If anyone is paying attention, the terrorists in Gaza have stated loudly, and repeatedly for the world to hear, they`ll not rest until they`ve wiped Israel off the face of the planet. You cannot make peace with someone whose reason for living is to murder you. Go ahead and say it, the so called, palestinians won`t accept a two-state solution. They ALL are hamas, therefore they ALL are terrorists. It clearly is simplistic to believe Israel can make peace with those who have stated many times, their plans to exterminate them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How come I'm not surprised here?

Two state solution my ass... The Palestinians do not want peace. They have demonstrated this over and over again.

Kut, if someone pledged to kill you (or your family) in your sleep would you give them a room in your house?

PERFECT rhetorical question. And the obvious answer is...

Top Bottom