Body of Crystal Lake 5 year old AJ Freund Found. Parents to be charged.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    This just truly breaks my heart, knowing what that poor little boy went thru. Illinois DCF was involved with the family since his birth..... as he was born with opiates in his system. Freund and Cunningham were both addicts, apparently. He had been thru court ordered rehab a couple years ago.... and the mother had to be taking opiates while pregnant with little Andrew. Heartbreaking......

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I dont judge people on calmness. That doesn't mean someone is guilty or anything. I'm one of those few weird people that is calmer and thinks clearer under stress and pressure. Especially a 911 call you want every detail to be recorded and taken down and passed on. When you have to repeat yourself giving instructions in person or a 911 report, valuable seconds and minutes are lost.
    I always told my kids if they fell and got hurt (and amazingly it works and they are trained) stop crying, breathe and talk normally so I can understand you and start addressing the problem. Cant understand crap or help crap when someone is hysterical and hyporventalating and now I have to treat that before i can even figure out why.

I feel the same. Although I am prone to anxiety in daily life, I am sometimes more calm when something bigger happens, and just do what needs done. I've been called out on it several times, as if not freaking out or crying makes me uncaring.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I may have misspoken when I stated he was "too calm". A better word might be 'nonchalant'..... considering it's a 911 call about his 5 YEAR OLD son. Judge for yourselves.....

Audio-

https://www.scoopnest.com/user/CBSE...en-on-wednesday-night-after-being-put-to-bed/

It's exceedingly dicey to try to make conclusions from demeanor during a 911 call. There is no "right way" and I would imagine that if we listened to 1,000 call from people who it is known had nothing to do with the tragedy they are calling about, we would be surprised at how wide a range of demeanors we heard.

Granted, this guy kinda sounded out of it. Having made a 911 call about my oldest son having his first severe seizure (both my sons had a juvenile seizure disorder that they grew out of) I think that I would have been described as calm and direct, but not sounding stressed as my son convulsed on the floor next to me. When emergencies happen, I go into emergency mode which my wifes describes as a disturbing calmness...which is a heck of a lot better than panic.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Bad news. People have been killing kids since there were kids.

Worse news. Now we get to hear about all of them thanks to the miracle of modern communication.

I'll agree that evil is not on a decline, however.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    More info coming out. I'm not expert but how was this allowed to go on with this child. The child was beaten and forced to stand under a cold shower for extended periods of time. The most recent article states deplorable living conditions, dog feces all over the house along with drugs. Sound like a certain agency may have possibly dropped the ball on this one. The end result was a child treated horribly eventually losing his life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't have a meme for a group that takes kids away and often gives them to dangerous people, or leaves them with dangerous people.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    1. Why wasn't he removed from the parents the minute it was determined he had opiates in his body?

2. This is why we need the death penalty.

3. This makes me want to sit in a corner and cry.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Why wasn't he removed from the parents the minute it was determined he had opiates in his body?

2. This is why we need the death penalty.

3. This makes me want to sit in a corner and cry.

I feel the same upto and including the corner. No child should endure these hardships

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I feel the same upto and including the corner. No child should endure these hardships

Agreed. I just don't understand how anyone does this to any child, let alone their own. It makes me sad.

The truly selfish in our world, keep their children and do this to them.

Those that have their own issues, but give up the children to those who can care for them are much less selfish.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like these parents could use a good job. I think the range I belong to could use some good target holders. Granted, it's a temp position, and probably short term, but hey, I'm helpful like that.

Top Bottom