Body of Crystal Lake 5 year old AJ Freund Found. Parents to be charged.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    From what he endured in life this might be a blessing.

Damnit.

I know the biblical context is slightly different, but I recall the words of Jesus saying it would better to have a millstone tied around your neck and thrown into the sea than to hurt one of these little ones.

At least he's in a much better place now, in much better hands.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Haven’t read any of the charging documents, but I’m guessing that it is 5 different theories of what supports a murder charge. Ultimately, 1 death 1 conviction for murder.

I saw a reporter on the local news explaining it somewhat in a similar manner. I guess it's the way they do it in Illinois and it's done that way to pretty much cover all the bases.

Yep ... covering bases. From on online legal answer page:

Multiple counts of first degree murder can be charged based on alternative theories of murder. There is intentional murder, murder through actions that one knows will highly result in death, felony murder where victim dies during defendant's commission of a felony crime, and a few other variations on those themes. The facts dictate which murder counts to charge and how many. The number of counts is not limited to the number of victims. ~ Romas Mockaitis

The purpose of a charging document in criminal court is to notify the accused person what laws the prosecutor believes were violated by the conduct. Many criminal acts may violate several laws. For example, the acts constituting a robbery (theft by force or fear from the person of another) usually could also be categorized as "theft" and as "assault."

A criminal complaint may contain multiple theories of the same criminal conduct. The prosecutor can proceed on independent (and even inconsistent) theories, so long as notice of each theory is given. This is usually the reason when a single act is charged several ways. If the accused is convicted on two or more theories for the same act, usually only the longest sentence is served. ~ Alec Scot Rose

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Court records: Father led police to AJ Freund's body - Story | WFLD

The man claims that the woman was beating the kid too much and he wanted a less violent punishment. They decided on cold showers. When shown a video of the woman berating the boy whose body was covered with bruises, the man started talking and led police to the body. He said the boy was put to bed naked, cold and wet and later found unresponsive. Autopsy showed he died of multiple blunt-force trauma.

The man's phone had a search for "child CPR" and also a shopping list for duct tape, plastic, air freshener and bleach.

Assuming the truth of this...

Woman probably gave the beating that caused the death, man knew it was going on and did nothing. She would be up for something less than 1st degree murder (intent?) and he for something serious less than her.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

The man claims that the woman was beating the kid too much and he wanted a less violent punishment. They decided on cold showers. When shown a video of the woman berating the boy whose body was covered with bruises, the man started talking and led police to the body. He said the boy was put to bed naked, cold and wet and later found unresponsive. Autopsy showed he died of multiple blunt-force trauma.

The man's phone had a search for "child CPR" and also a shopping list for duct tape, plastic, air freshener and bleach.

Woman probably gave the beating that caused the death, man knew it was going on and did nothing. She would be up for something less than 1st degree murder (intent?) and he for something serious less than her.

I'm at a loss ...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Im all for public execution of them both! They actually deserve to be beaten within inches of their lives, several times over before the public execution. Just my :twocents:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I asked myself "What could a five year old do that required punishment that severe?" He lied about soiling his pants. My heart is breaking all over again.

Top Bottom