Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yep...

If police, feds, and national guard can't or won't solve the problem, I can't for the life of me understand how a crowd of conservative-self-reliant people can argue that people shouldn't care for their community.

It's on us to handle these matters when everything else fails. And sometimes it's best to solve these matters before there's 10,000 people on your porch demanding your blood.

That last bit is why I'm starting to become skeptical about allowing these leftist areas to fall. When they fall, it's coming to your front door. And I don't care how many guns, people, or how much ammo you have, it won't be enough. (Maybe if you have a closet full of claymores and some foreknowledge of where they'll be coming from, but I doubt that's the case with anyone here)
    Meh.
    Closet full of claymores maybe, but ORGANIZATION is what we will really lack. How many rounds would it really take? How many rounds do you think prepared INGO’ers have? It’s the lack of organization that could make it end badly.
    American Contingency information network interests me, but it might be too little too late.
    Maybe we should concentrate on keeping them in their little leftist enclaves, fallen or not, and not let them to our front door.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    This is where the following fully applies: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am pretty sure that with these riots there is a loss of freedom. Since the police are not allowed to take enough action to stop these rioters, that should show the necessary right of the people to bear arms in their own defense and for the defense of the freedom that these "peaceful protesters" are denying them.

Are we so afraid of another Kent State that we neuter the police, our first and most important line of defense?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What, as opposed to CC?

ETA: I guess my counter-question is, what is the minimum age that any laws at all apply, specifically looting, vandalism, trespassing, etc. I think when the big one go out the window the little ones might too.
    OC wasn’t the important part. Just quicker to o type. The law is specific to the age, for the most part.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is where the following fully applies: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I am pretty sure that with these riots there is a loss of freedom. Since the police are not allowed to take enough action to stop these rioters, that should show the necessary right of the people to bear arms in their own defense and for the defense of the freedom that these "peaceful protesters" are denying them.

Are we so afraid of another Kent State that we neuter the police, our first and most important line of defense?

Now be careful in answering this. What type of actions, powers should police have to stop or suppress these (or any other) riots? And keep in mind the consequences of your response, both presently and historically.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    New video has emerged and you wont believe who its from! Its from arm guy. He was live when it all happened. He even runs up to Kyle and asks whats going on. Kyle responds with "I want to get police."
    https://wmgchan.com/static/graige.mp4

Every clip that gets added keeps showing this kid had good intentions and tried to do the right thing. I mean he probably didn't realize the risk of getting involved and it sounds like he screwed up on the rifle possession law. But absolutely no interest in being the one to start a fight.

RobertTheBruce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2020
    Greenwood
    Every clip that gets added keeps showing this kid had good intentions and tried to do the right thing. I mean he probably didn't realize the risk of getting involved and it sounds like he screwed up on the rifle possession law. But absolutely no interest in being the one to start a fight.

not even sure he'll get the rifle possession charge. The gun was his friends, in Wisconsin. Kyle's Lawyer said the gun never once crossed state lines.

https://twitter.com/LLinWood/status/1299353460530384899

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    not even sure he'll get the rifle possession charge. The gun was his friends, in Wisconsin. Kyle's Lawyer said the gun never once crossed state lines.
    I'm no gun lawyer.... but he was possessing it. I don't know what will happen. I'm just saying that's the only violation of the law that I see.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Outside of the minor in possession law. I do t think he really has much to worry about. Whomever gave him the gun and possibly who transported him there just may.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Outside of the minor in possession law. I do t think he really has much to worry about. Whomever gave him the gun and possibly who transported him there just may.

Assuming you meant you "don't think he really has much to worry about."

I would say legally maybe not, but socially, I think this kid now has a huge target on his back. There will be leftists and antifa types angry enough to come looking for him with the intention of doing him harm.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now be careful in answering this. What type of actions, powers should police have to stop or suppress these (or any other) riots? And keep in mind the consequences of your response, both presently and historically.
    Stamp act?

I kinda think police should be able to protect people’s right. We cede to the government that duty. If they cannot do it, we have to be able to defend our own person and property. In a civil society I’d rather police do it. But they have to do it while upholding everyone’s rights.

Protests are good. But when protestors start trampling other people’s rights, it’s time to step in and stop it. So Idunno. Maybe water cannons.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Assuming you meant you "don't think he really has much to worry about."

I would say legally maybe not, but socially, I think this kid now has a huge target on his back. There will be leftists and antifa types angry enough to come looking for him with the intention of doing him harm.

Him, his family, friends, employers. Will more than likely be targeted

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Him, his family, friends, employers. Will more than likely be targeted

I agree. After he is found "not guilty", Kyle and his parents should take a serious look at relocating to northern Idaho. Find a company that wants to employ him in a county that has a population and sherrif that has their head on straight.

Not knocking the sherrrifs in wi or il, just saying that a good sherrif is and will be damn important wherever he lands.

I bet there are some folks in the American Redoubt that have seen enough of his resume to go ahead and start the new hire paperwork.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What is the minimum age that someone can OC a long gun in Wisconsin?

Based on the statutes, there may not be a minimum age required. There are requirements for hunting, and in particular hunting if under 16. But it is clear that there is nothing in the statutes that makes it illegal in general for a 17 year old to possess/carry a long gun (that is not an SBR/SBS).

Top Bottom