Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A claim of tort requires proof. Show me someone with sufficient evidence that the government kept them poor or made them poor, and then we can talk about appropriate restitution for that person.

(Generalized claims of institutional racism, disparate outcomes, etc. do not suffice. Show specific evidence of specific government action against a specific person, that resulted specifically in causing or keeping someone poor.)

Japanese internment

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Wasn't he the one that said he had a knife?

Also how did he get into the house of someone who has a restraining order against him?

The cops said he said it. No body cams. I'm not going to take their word when they have potential liability.

Perhaps other witnesses support that he said it. I haven't seen that testimony at this point.

As to how he got into the house....that would require the release of evidence. That hasn't happened yet. And we have no statement from Blake's side.

But, you know that, don't you?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Turn that around if government or its policies kept you poor or made you that way are you entitled to any reparations?

Government and its policies do keep people poor. There are countless government programs sold as a way to "help" poor people but actually keeps them below the poverty line. Democrats need a permanent underclass in order to get elected and gain power. They do everything thing can to create programs that get more people plugged into the system.

The "free stuff" mentality keeps people from trying to build something or create a better life for themselves. We can argue to what degree it happens, and it's not everyone getting government "assistance" but it certainly has an impact.

If someone is hungry they'll leave the cave, kill something and drag it home. If nearly all their basic needs are met, they're free to lay around and complain that they're not having steak every night.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The cops said he said it. No body cams. I'm not going to take their word when they have potential liability.

Perhaps other witnesses support that he said it. I haven't seen that testimony at this point.

As to how he got into the house....that would require the release of evidence. That hasn't happened yet. And we have no statement from Blake's side.

But, you know that, don't you?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8668375/Jacob-Blake-KNIFE-cops-shot-says-Wisconsin-AG.html

During an investigation Blake admitted that he had a knife and agents recovered it from the driver’s side floorboard of his vehicle after opening fire. No other weapons were found.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Remember the pedophile that Kyle Rittenhouse shot?

Joseph Rosenbaum?

4chan managed to get his sentencing records, and I'd post them but they depict things I don't think would be acceptable to put on this site.
    Long story short, he raped multiple kids, ages 9 to 11.

I'll imbed an imgur gallery of the documents, so it'd be easy to remove and not something you have to view if you don't want to.
    https://imgur.com/a/l48Pd9N

The story of Kenosha Kid just keeps getting better.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    This is utterly wrong headed and ahistorical.

There's a massive difference between "let's check into radical clerics with direct ties to the taliban" and "let's throw all the ethnically Japanese people on the west coast into prison."

If there was some expat club with a "Hirohito is the best" club, sure maybe keep an eye on them. Different thing.

*Saying this as a big time FDR fan, too.

The japanese did stuff that made the SS look like child's play. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

There's a reason they were strongly scrutinized by the US.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    And now some comic relief to break the tension....

[video=youtube;L1zl3kZ5AbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zl3kZ5AbE[/video]

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Read a little further.

Oral representations by an AG don't mean squat. Let's see the evidence if you want to try Blake in the press.

The same could be said for those looking to exhonerate Blake and try the cops via the press.

Could it be the AG hasn't released evidence of a knife because it would kill the narrative that police shot Blake "bECaUse rAciSm?"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This is utterly wrong headed and ahistorical.

There's a massive difference between "let's check into radical clerics with direct ties to the taliban" and "let's throw all the ethnically Japanese people on the west coast into prison."

If there was some expat club with a "Hirohito is the best" club, sure maybe keep an eye on them. Different thing.

*Saying this as a big time FDR fan, too.

Germans were interned in WW1 and WW2 as well.

It isn't a racial matter.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The same could be said for those looking to exhonerate Blake and try the cops via the press.

Could it be the AG hasn't released evidence of a knife because it would kill the narrative that police shot Blake "bECaUse rAciSm?"

Seems like bass ackwards logic. But whaddaiknow?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Japanese internment

OK, I'll bite for the express purpose of the following question:

What does this have to do with black folks being forced to be poor and therefore demanding reparations? And if your premise is correct, Japanese Americans would also be highly represented in the lower class communities. I'm pretty sure they arent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You miss the point. Compliance is no guarantee of responsible treatment in an authoritarian state.

I don't think America is all THAT authoritarian though. It's more authoritarian than I want it to be. But compared to the rest of the world, not all that much. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but compliance with police in America is the best predictor of a safe encounter, not race. But I think you still make a good point because there is a perception in the US in certain cultural areas (far left/libertiran/inner city) that exceeds the actual reality of how authoritarian police are, and how race alone will impact an encounter. So it is more of a guarantee than some people perceive, but their perception influences the way they react. I think many police departments have been trying to change the perception with community based policing and whatnot, but then something like the George Floyd death happens and then groups try to exploit it politically, and forward narratives that aren't true. So then whatever ground was gained in fixing the perceptions is lost because of one ******* cop.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Should Reagan have reimbursed the Japanese or not?

OK, I'll bite for the express purpose of the following question:

What does this have to do with black folks being forced to be poor and therefore demanding reparations? And if your premise is correct, Japanese Americans would also be highly represented in the lower class communities. I'm pretty sure they arent.

Top Bottom