Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Interesting. There are literally an infinite variety of situations that can occur, and determining whether a line that has been crossed that would justify the imposition of a charge or the application of force is not exact. We have to put the line somewhere, and helping determine where that line lies keeps attorneys in full employment.

And I don't think the Kyle Rittenhouse skateboard example is specious.

And that was kind of a slam on the average INGO member.

Actually, it was the opposite of a slam on INGO members. Perhaps you're just pre-disposed to see the glass as half full.

As to the skateboard, it was used as a weapon. It's use in Kyle's case would lead me to believe it was a deadly weapon. How does that square with a gun on the ground in Los Angeles? I don't see a connection other than both situations occurred on planet Earth.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    No, because post-shooting quotes in the press/video claim that his 3 kids (oldest 8 y.o.?) witnessed their dad being shot by the cop.

And stolen? I could think of a situation whereby it was his car, or he made the payments on the vehicle. And since his kids were in the car, there is likely more to the story than "black dude stole car keys while threatening with knife". Can't you?

And just because you or I may have a storybook marriage doesn't mean that everybody does...or even that we represent a majority of present 21st century relationships.

Have you read what the felony sexual assault warrant was for? Pretty despicable stuff that goes well beyond dysfunctional. Besides the point now that those charges have been dropped... cynic in me guesses a slice of the big check has been promised.

To the point, the keys and the car were hers and at her house... he took the keys and was in the process of taking the car... unless he brought the kids with them to steal the mini-van, they were there at her house originally, too... which in every jurisdiction I'm aware of is kidnapping. I.e. also her kids.

ETA well after this back and forth: Closer reading says only the warrant was vacated... status of charges unknown. Added to avoid misinformation.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Have you read what the felony sexual assault warrant was for? Pretty despicable stuff that goes well beyond dysfunctional. Besides the point now that those charges have been dropped... cynic in me guesses a slice of the big check has been promised.

To the point, the keys and the car were hers and at her house... he took the keys and was in the process of taking the car... unless he brought the kids with them to steal the mini-van, they were there at her house originally, too... which in every jurisdiction I'm aware of is kidnapping. I.e. also her kids.

I've read the complaint, if you know more, you should disclose it here. Many of us would be interested. But, if you are just talking about the complaint, then you really don't know anything more than an allegation, do you? It's been dropped? Why?

You are really off in left field on this. Perhaps you should stop. There isn't much room left before you fall over the edge.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Actually, it was the opposite of a slam on INGO members. Perhaps you're just pre-disposed to see the glass as half full.

As to the skateboard, it was used as a weapon. It's use in Kyle's case would lead me to believe it was a deadly weapon. How does that square with a gun on the ground in Los Angeles? I don't see a connection other than both situations occurred on planet Earth.

Let's just wait and see if that narrative holds with the facts... that the deputies pee'ed themselves at the sight of a gun on the ground and shot him down without him retrieving it or attempting to... might be true, might not be...

Either way, looks like the LA forecast for tonight is protests giving way to riots later in the night.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Seems like all police officers and Caucasian teenagers are always guilty and no investigation or jury verdict is ever necessary.

Percentage wise, it is a little less than "all". How about .001%?

But defending bad shoots is one of the reasons why we are here today with a country closer to racial disharmony than at any time in the last 30 years.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I've read the complaint, if you know more, you should disclose it here. Many of us would be interested. But, if you are just talking about the complaint, then you really don't know anything more than an allegation, do you? It's been dropped? Why?

No, just a warrant for allegedly trespassing at the same house where he was shot, at 6 am in the morning, to non-consensually digitally penetrate his ex-gf. And, folks, believe it or not, it actually gets worse from there.

Why dropped? JMO, but I can think of millions of reasons... but why would the ex-gf think that she would get any of that money? Maybe someone should ask Crump? But, like I said, I'm a cynic in my opinions.

You are really off in left field on this. Perhaps you should stop. There isn't much room left before you fall over the edge.

Left field... how so... tell me where I'm wrong? Their not her kids? Not her car? Not her keys? Not her house where both of these events took place?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yeah, I think Kenosha is a long way from needing martial law, and are proving the point (finally) by simply arresting rioters and letting the lawyers/judges sort it out.

Portland and Seattle are trying to prove the opposite point. :)

Having a guy take out some thugs in self defense doesn't hurt either!

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Seems like a handful of us have all the answers.

Those who never have been on the front lines are often the most certain of their positions and correctness.

All from the warmth and security of one's home (or other place nice enough to be able to post stuff on a message board).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No, just a warrant for allegedly trespassing at the same house where he was shot, at 6 am in the morning, to non-consensually digitally penetrate his ex-gf. And, folks, believe it or not, it actually gets worse from there.

Why dropped? JMO, but I can think of millions of reasons... but why would the ex-gf think that she would get any of that money? Maybe someone should ask Crump? But, like I said, I'm a cynic in my opinions.

Left field... how so... tell me where I'm wrong? Their not her kids? Not her car? Not her keys? Not her house where both of these events took place?

You've been mixing your opinion in with some facts and partial facts. So, responding to your statements is fraught with peril.

She may not have been an "ex". The 911 call allegedly refers to him as "boyfriend". Not "ex-boyfriend".
    One kid was in the house. Blake told him to get in the car (with the other two already in the car?). The kid complied. Doesn't sound like your allegation of kidnapping.
    It is not clear who owns the car or makes payments on the car or why 2 kids were already in the car with expectation that daddy would be leaving with them. More facts needed,.

Your "million reasons" for dropping a charge is just obfuscation. It could be as simple as a dropped complaint by the DA or the female. It wouldn't be the first time that allegation against a man or men is dropped because it was a lie. Wasn't there of squad of athletes accused of assaults that was made up from whole cloth?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Percentage wise, it is a little less than "all". How about .001%?

But defending bad shoots is one of the reasons why we are here today with a country closer to racial disharmony than at any time in the last 30 years.

Defending a bad shoot= Bad
    Jumping to conclusions and labeling it a bad shoot before the facts are out= Bad

That is why the country is headed the way it is.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You've been mixing your opinion in with some facts and partial facts. So, responding to your statements is fraught with peril.

She may not have been an "ex". The 911 call allegedly refers to him as "boyfriend". Not "ex-boyfriend".
    One kid was in the house. Blake told him to get in the car (with the other two already in the car?). The kid complied. Doesn't sound like your allegation of kidnapping.
    It is not clear who owns the car or makes payments on the car or why 2 kids were already in the car with expectation that daddy would be leaving with them. More facts needed,.

Your "million reasons" for dropping a charge is just obfuscation. It could be as simple as a dropped complaint by the DA or the female. It wouldn't be the first time that allegation against a man or men is dropped because it was a lie. Wasn't there of squad of athletes accused of assaults that was made up from whole cloth?

Below is an article with the complete sexual assault and other alleged crimes. One thing it makes clear is that the kids stay at her house and he does not. Doesn't matter that an 8-year old left the house under a father's "orders", if she has custody, and does not consent to him to taking the kids, it's kidnapping. Odd that he would steal her car when picking up the kids for a custody visit, dont-cha think?

FWIW, the morning of the alleged sexual assault, he also allegedly stole a rental Explorer the woman had and the woman's debit card. Debit card was used, but no video evidence of who used it. The Explorer turned up at the woman's sister's house in Illinois after an alleged call from the guy that he left it there. They didn't catch him with the red-handed with stolen Explorer nor the debit card, so no charges were filed on those counts.

When a woman calls 911 IMMEDIATELY after an alleged assault, it tends to be much more believable IMO. Regardless, it was sufficient PC for a judge to issue an arrest warrant, which is what the police attempting to take him into custody had to go on.

The only innocent explanation of the charges being dropped is if the woman decided paralyzed from the waist down was sufficient punishment and dropped the charges... like I said, the cynic in me feels a slice of the pie might be to blame especially since dropping the charges likely makes that pie bigger. That's what just my opinion means... a closer reading of this particular news story says the warrant was rescinded, not specifically the charges... so there is a possibility the DA dropped the warrant just to remove the handcuffs and police detail at the hospital, but the charges are still out there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ays-wanted-domestic-abuse-sexual-assault.html

ETA: Oh, yeah, and whether she referred to him as bf or ex-bf in the 911 call is less than a gnat on an elephant's ass in this whole thing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, she had a car that couldn't make it to Milwaukee....

...that isn't the car that Blake was shot in.

In May, she alleges, aot, that Blake stole her car keys. She makes the same allegations in August on the day he was shot? Is Blake a serial car thief or is there some other explanation?

I'm not contesting that the woman claimed an assault back in May, but it isn't the first time I've become aware of a woman filing a malicious complaint for her own reasons.

We need a lot more facts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, that solution might also work

but I think we just aren't being honest to find a reason to suspect one particular busload of people with gas cans and still figure out how it won't be us "good guys" someday

There is a part of me that is happy these people received somewhat of a midwest message that "we'll notice when people come around possibly looking to cause trouble" but the fully honest part of me also wants to be sure we aren't encouraging any abuse
    If I’m traveling from a city/state that is hotbed of violence, and I’m now in a different sity/state that’s a new hotbed of violence and I’m hanging out with a bunch of other cars from the same state, and then we all roll out to the nearest gas station and fill up a dozen cans og gasoline, and then a cop stops me and asks what I’m up to, I’m kinda okay with that. Why yes officer, I can see why that would look a bit suspicious. We need the gas to run all those power generators in the back to power all this kitchen stuff In that van over there, so that we can feed protestors and police. Suspicion resolved. End of stop.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So, she had a car that couldn't make it to Milwaukee....

...that isn't the car that Blake was shot in.

In May, she alleges, aot, that Blake stole her car keys. She makes the same allegations in August on the day he was shot? Is Blake a serial car thief or is there some other explanation?

Well, either he did or she lied... not seeing a man with one arm angle. :)

I'm not contesting that the woman claimed an assault back in May, but it isn't the first time I've become aware of a woman filing a malicious complaint for her own reasons.

True... I'll double check to make sure I never asserted that he did it... he had a warrant for felony sexual assault. If he didn't do it, wrestling with the police in the front yard is not how you go about it... looks like the warrant was issued July 7th, so hiding in plain sight in Kenosha? Methinksnot.

We need a lot more facts.

Ditto LA shooting, which leads us back to where we started. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Agree. I don't think Blake is a boyscout. He may be a bad dude. Shirking off two tasers would possibly indicate "drugs". He may have had a knife in his hand.

But, the optics of shooting a man in the back 7 times are terrible. A thorough investigation needs to happen and results disclosed to the public quickly. The "system" might want to hold the evidence close to their vest because of litigation in process. But that just adds to the frustration on all sides.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Below is an article with the complete sexual assault and other alleged crimes. One thing it makes clear is that the kids stay at her house and he does not. Doesn't matter that an 8-year old left the house under a father's "orders", if she has custody, and does not consent to him to taking the kids, it's kidnapping. Odd that he would steal her car when picking up the kids for a custody visit, dont-cha think?

FWIW, the morning of the alleged sexual assault, he also allegedly stole a rental Explorer the woman had and the woman's debit card. Debit card was used, but no video evidence of who used it. The Explorer turned up at the woman's sister's house in Illinois after an alleged call from the guy that he left it there. They didn't catch him with the red-handed with stolen Explorer nor the debit card, so no charges were filed on those counts.

When a woman calls 911 IMMEDIATELY after an alleged assault, it tends to be much more believable IMO. Regardless, it was sufficient PC for a judge to issue an arrest warrant, which is what the police attempting to take him into custody had to go on.

The only innocent explanation of the charges being dropped is if the woman decided paralyzed from the waist down was sufficient punishment and dropped the charges... like I said, the cynic in me feels a slice of the pie might be to blame especially since dropping the charges likely makes that pie bigger. That's what just my opinion means... a closer reading of this particular news story says the warrant was rescinded, not specifically the charges... so there is a possibility the DA dropped the warrant just to remove the handcuffs and police detail at the hospital, but the charges are still out there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ays-wanted-domestic-abuse-sexual-assault.html

ETA: Oh, yeah, and whether she referred to him as bf or ex-bf in the 911 call is less than a gnat on an elephant's ass in this whole thing.

I haven't heard that the sexual assault charges were dropped. Only that the warrant had been "vacated". I don't know what that means exactly. Could it mean that since he was in the hospital and basically in custody, that the warrant was no longer needed, but that the charges were still in effect?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Defending a bad shoot= Bad
    Jumping to conclusions and labeling it a bad shoot before the facts are out= Bad

That is why the country is headed the way it is.

tenor.gif

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Agree. I don't think Blake is a boyscout. He may be a bad dude. Shirking off two tasers would possibly indicate "drugs". He may have had a knife in his hand.

Agreed, though I think there's more than a preponderance he had the knife in hand, but nits.

But, the optics of shooting a man in the back 7 times are terrible.

Yup, when I heard that, then saw the video, my reaction was oh ****ity **** ****sticks! Here we go!

A thorough investigation needs to happen and results disclosed to the public quickly. The "system" might want to hold the evidence close to their vest because of litigation in process. But that just adds to the frustration on all sides.

Thorough, accurate and quickly... choose two, IMO.

Top Bottom