"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Five point five TONS a month. Holy s***! Well, goose s***, but, wow, all the same.

The geese were definitely out of control. It's a really nice cop shop as far as cop shops go. Nice contemporary brick building, large pond out front, way larger than necessary parking lot, very large lawn. If you build it they will come. And then you have to kill them off because they **** everywhere.

I've noticed that some Mallard ducks seemed to have taken up residence there. There's only a few of them though. If they stay, they'll probably not have to kill them off for a few years.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This has to be fake. It just has to

uc6hwpnx4mlz.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You would hope so....but people are stupid.

Gluten is actually one of the only things that keeps bread from being an unmitigated carbfest.

Go gluten free by avoiding baked good- probably will help you lose weight, but not because of the absence of gluten.

Go gluten free by taking carby things that usually have gluten and removing the gluten? You'll probably be asking for seat belt extenders next time you fly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You would hope so....but people are stupid.

Gluten is actually one of the only things that keeps bread from being an unmitigated carbfest.

Go gluten free by avoiding baked good- probably will help you lose weight, but not because of the absence of gluten.

Go gluten free by taking carby things that usually have gluten and removing the gluten? You'll probably be asking for seat belt extenders next time you fly.

It's been my experience that most gluten free products that would normally contain wheat flower, taste like what I would imagine cardboard would taste like. Both my wife's sisters have Ciliac disease. Runs in their family I guess. The dad has it too. So every year we all get together and, for large family get-to-gethers ordering pizza is usually most convenient. I have to admit, it's hard not to gloat, mmm, DAYAM this Chicago Pizza is awesome good. The crust is amazing. Oh. So sorry. How's that frozen gluten free pizza taste for you? Good? No?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    It's been my experience that most gluten free products that would normally contain wheat flower, taste like what I would imagine cardboard would taste like. Both my wife's sisters have Ciliac disease. Runs in their family I guess. The dad has it too. So every year we all get together and, for large family get-to-gethers ordering pizza is usually most convenient. I have to admit, it's hard not to gloat, mmm, DAYAM this Chicago Pizza is awesome good. The crust is amazing. Oh. So sorry. How's that frozen gluten free pizza taste for you? Good? No?

Wife's dad is ciliac. She had never had Sloppy Joes with bread until we were married. She said, "Rice with sloppy joes?" and I said, "Why not bread?"

It was a whole new dimension of food for her. Admittedly, it was a new dimension for me, because Rice and Sloppy Joes are pretty good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wife's dad is ciliac. She had never had Sloppy Joes with bread until we were married. She said, "Rice with sloppy joes?" and I said, "Why not bread?"

It was a whole new dimension of food for her. Admittedly, it was a new dimension for me, because Rice and Sloppy Joes are pretty good.

How does that even work?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Being allergic to gluten is almost as bad a being allergic to meat. In my case, both would be terminal illnesses. (self inflicted)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Being allergic to gluten is almost as bad a being allergic to meat. In my case, both would be terminal illnesses. (self inflicted)

I don't eat bread, but it's not because of a diagnosis....other than an A1C of 8.5 and 30 extra lbs. The former of which has been corrected and the latter being in process.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I don't eat bread, but it's not because of a diagnosis....other than an A1C of 8.5 and 30 extra lbs. The former of which has been corrected and the latter being in process.

I am not sure what an A1C of 8.5 means but I do know what 30 lbs means. we're doing ketogenic and are quite satisfied with the weight loss and how much better we feel without carbs. YMMV

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Holy ****. I thought my 6.5 was bad. And I'm carrying an extra 100.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am not sure what an A1C of 8.5 means but I do know what 30 lbs means. we're doing ketogenic and are quite satisfied with the weight loss and how much better we feel without carbs. YMMV

That is an indicator that your blood sugar is way out of control. If you are perfectly healthy, it will be about 5. Left unchecked, mine will run about 9. I am on meds and my doctor has put me on strict discipline with my diet, and she makes a point of reminding me frequently of this. I am thankful to have a totally awesome doctor who cares very much for my well-being!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cook up some rice. Cook up Sloppy Joes. Put rice on plate, put Sloppy Joe on top. Eat with fork. Good flavor to the rice.

Anything edible is good on rice, my dad said we were all Chinese because we lived rice so much. He also called us rats, because he couldn't keep cheese in the house. (except for limberger and liedercrans, Those were exclusivley his and we never stayed around when he ate them)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom