"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You mean this one?
    index-5.jpg

That would be the one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And what would you do?
    Not you, as in you-the guy that's prepared his family for emergencies.
    But you, as in you-the guy that has 1/2 a tank of gas, $300 in the bank, and the nearest pet friendly hotel available is in Tennessee?

I can't imagine leaving my dog behind. But if I had to get my kids to safety and the dog was preventing that, then I guess the dog would have to stay.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I would think taking the dog with you and leaving it in the car would be better. Even letting it loose would be a better chance of survival. Tethered dog equals dead dog.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would think taking the dog with you and leaving it in the car would be better. Even letting it loose would be a better chance of survival. Tethered dog equals dead dog.
    Yup. This. I'd take my dog and make it work. But dayam. Even if you don't think much of yer dog, at least let him loose. Give him a chance to survive.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    And what would you do?
    But you, as in you-the guy that has 1/2 a tank of gas, $300 in the bank, and the nearest pet friendly hotel available is in Tennessee?

I can't imagine leaving my dog behind. But if I had to get my kids to safety and the dog was preventing that, then I guess the dog would have to stay.
    The dog is coming with me even if that means the rest of the party stays in the hotel room and I sleep in the car with the dog

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And what would you do?

I know **** happens, and I know pets can be and are often a massive hindrance... especially in a catastrophic situation like this.

My ire was mostly on leaving them tethered outside, likely to die without a chance.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What bothers me is all of the gerbils and parakeets left in their cages.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What bothers me is all of the gerbils and parakeets left in their cages.

Could be like a "home alone" moment.

200 miles down the road, "I keep getting the feeling we're missing something."

"Nah. Honey, we brought everything we could fit in the car. We couldn't possibly fit one more thing."

"I still think we forgot something. Important. Did you remember to turn the power off?"

"Ah. That's it. I forgot to turn the power off before we left. Oh well, it's too late for that now, and the power likely went off on it's own, so..."

"No, no, it's something else. I just feel like we left behind something important." ...long pause... "Oh no! KEVIN! We forgot to bring the gerbil! Turn around now! We HAVE to go back and rescue Kevin. I just can'te bear to think of him spinning his little wheel, trying frantically to outrun the rising water... "

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You had to evacuate your home because of Irma, can things get worse?

Yep. Now you're forced to endue songs from "Frozen".

Actress Kristen Bell Visits Shelter For Irma Evacuees : NPR

Downside: a bunch of kids are now annoying their parents by singing one line of Frozen over and over.
    Upside: she stuck to entertaining, something she can do. She didn't go out and get staged photo ops of her helping people.

Catherine Bell would be a different story.
    catherine-bell-370x297.jpg

I loved her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom