• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Finally brought my RPM360 home a little over a week ago. Decided to drop down to a 60# this time around to buy me more practice time before getting fatigued. I gave up less then 10fps with the same arrows compared to my 70# Invasion. I'll get some lighter arrows put together before fall and gain some of that speed back to at least get her back up over 300fps.

Overall I'm very happy with it. The draw feels almost opposite from my Invasion which dropped off quickly into the wall. This thing is firm over an initial hump then smooth all the way out. Reading about the draw cycle is what sold me on trying it and once I drew it I was sold. I don't move much when drawing but with this one I can point the bow where I want it and draw straight back into my anchor, can't get much less movement than that. I hoped to have it for turkey season but it is what it is. Looking forward to using it this fall. I've got a set of 60X BCY X strings on the way and if they transform this bow like they did my Invasion this may be the last bow I buy for ten years.
    IMG_0400_zps6f277f2b.jpg

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Nice bow! I love Bowtech's. I have an Insanity that has been nothing buy amazing for me. I shoot some Easton Axis arrows that are pretty light, and they fly! Congrats on the new bow.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Finally brought my RPM360 home a little over a week ago. Decided to drop down to a 60# this time around to buy me more practice time before getting fatigued. I gave up less then 10fps with the same arrows compared to my 70# Invasion. I'll get some lighter arrows put together before fall and gain some of that speed back to at least get her back up over 300fps.

Overall I'm very happy with it. The draw feels almost opposite from my Invasion which dropped off quickly into the wall. This thing is firm over an initial hump then smooth all the way out. Reading about the draw cycle is what sold me on trying it and once I drew it I was sold. I don't move much when drawing but with this one I can point the bow where I want it and draw straight back into my anchor, can't get much less movement than that. I hoped to have it for turkey season but it is what it is. Looking forward to using it this fall. I've got a set of 60X BCY X strings on the way and if they transform this bow like they did my Invasion this may be the last bow I buy for ten years.
    IMG_0400_zps6f277f2b.jpg

Has the paint chipped or limbs cracked yet? Just kidding. :D

In all seriousness, that thing is sexy. I shot Bowtech, Matthews, Elite and Hoyt and just like how balanced the Hoyts are. I got lucky and my limbs are 55-65 but actually max at 67.5 on the scales. I'm drawing mine 65@28 with a 370 gr arrow going roughly 280fps. Not blazing fast but faster than 145 fps from my recurve. :)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tradtech out of limb bolt collars and ILF conversion bushings..........so it's cut and polish appropriate rifle/pistol cases to make some.
    I'd like to find Norma or Hornady cases.........have to scrounge at the old man's. :)

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Any body know if I can bowfish along the river in marion? I read the city ordinance and all i can find is no person shall discharge a firearm with no definition of firearm. I shoot my bows in the backyard and the cops dont seem to care but that might be different if im on the river killin stuff. I saw a metric ***** ton of carp today.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Early 70's AMF Wing "Frank Ketchum" 4 wheeler compound riser (had cables secured with set screw in riser, not of the pylon version).
    Filled those holes with epoxy, put dowel pins in the pivot inserts (no longer pivot, secured with reg screw of the design).

Need to let the paint cure longer, but it's together at least for a photo op.

Tradtech Black Max shorts, 50#. Yanked the ilf bushing and used bronze, for a direct bolt up like a Hoyt Dorado. Will cover those holes with automotive trim buttons later.

sPpSa9J.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Shot the Frankencurve and the BW HS....................I dunno, one is a bit much without constant shooting, the other too light.
    It's like I should dump both and split the diff.

And that's 1100 bucks to get the "in betweener".

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Might call BW for a test bow in a month, a PCH, 56", 50-52 lbs @ 28".

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    60# is still a bit much, but I got some halfway OK groups tonight. Stopped before I got too tired and started doing stupid stuff.
    No pain, and actually feel pretty good.
    Barring injury I should be back in form soon (not going to Cloverdale though).
    I like my HS with a stabilizer on it, and they won't allow that.

Did email BW about making the PCH in a metal riser version ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I understand the Cloverdale Event is coming up soon. While I have no intent to participate in the competitions, I would like to go there and do some shopping. Does anyone know which days they will be there?

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    cloverdale traditional nationals is june 13,14,15. if you have a bow by all means bring it and shoot the course. or at least shoot the practice course. it is a good shoot. and don't forget the next weekend is Compton.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My only recurve at the moment wears a stabilizer, and I prefer it that way..........so no Cloverdale for me this yr.
    Maybe next yr (if I get another rig).
    Fun shoot, kinda bummed I won't be going :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Will the vendors be there all weekend or not? I'm not interested in competing. First, I don't have a bow that would qualify. (The only bow I have right now has a *trigger.*) Secondly, I just wanted to go to see what the vendors had. So, will the vendors be there all three days?

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    yes the vendors are going to be there all 3 days. they usually start packing up early on sunday (late afternoon). the blanket trade is a good way to find good deals too. check their schedule the blanket trade is usually Friday and sat around 5:00pm.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    yes the vendors are going to be there all 3 days. they usually start packing up early on sunday (late afternoon). the blanket trade is a good way to find good deals too. check their schedule the blanket trade is usually Friday and sat around 5:00pm.

I went out there this morning. I could have gotten a rather good deal on seven left-handed bows, but I only took the trip because I was curious. They had some rather ornate pieces I would have loved to have taken home with me. One vendor even had a piece that looked like it wad decorated with hex signs. (If you do not know what a hex sign is, my avatar is one.)

I'll have to make sure I have a little more saved up if I decide to make the trip again.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    sounds like you had fun. my family and I are heading out there in an hour or 2. we don't camp out there anymore but always go for a day. we will shoot the course, shop the tables, almost always participant in the blanket trade, but enjoy our friends in the camping area the most. we will camp with them in Compton next weekend.

shinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    johnson county
    just got back from cloverdale with family and had a good time. excellent weather. if anyone has been going there for many years they understand how great that good weather is. vendors were really down this year. I shot my hoyt buffalo with 2016 aluminum arrows. they were fletched with 3" 4-fletch. I shot a 210 of 250 pts. cloverdale nationals scores all targets 5 or 0. if your shot is in the 8 ring or better you score 5 pts. a body shot or complete miss is scored a 0. 50 targets with 5 pts per target. I missed target #5 a little right and missed target #29 high. then my 50 yr old body was my worst enemy. I got tired. but I happy with my score and a great day with my wife and youngest son.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Does anyone know what is up with the proposed archery range in Strawtown? (@ Koteewi Park)

Last I heard it was going to be done in 2014, but last time I drove by, I didn't see anything that looked promising for 2015, let alone 2014. :(

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Wrote that last post in the gander mt. parking lot lol. PSE kingfisher #40 with the cajun archery basic kit with 2 arrows and the tub style reel. Also came with the snap shot arrow rest. Paid $150 for it all. seems like a good deal the cajun kit is $30 the rest is $45 so it is a sub $100 bow that shoots pretty good.

couple questions..... anyone mount a flash light to their bow for fishing? and can you shoot regular arrows through the snap shot

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom