• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Legislation was the wrong wording. There should be a path for schools to identify dangerous teens. A restraining order should keep legal forearms out of their hands.

Yeah, I've seen some nasty forearm smashes in the WWF. It was criminal what Chief Wahoo McDaniels could do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I got a bite.

Actaeon

Making drugs illegal didn't get rid of them.
    Why do they think making guns illegal will be ANY different?

16 minsLikeMore

William Carl Davis II

BeCuZ tHe Uk AnD oZ dOnT hAvE mAsS sHoOtInGs AnD gUnZ r ThE oNlY dIfFeReNcE!!!!1

3 minsLikeMore

Actaeon

They have stabbings and beatings. Violent crime, per capita, is actually higher.

Just nowLikeReplyMore

Actaeon

You are also ignoring all other factors that are different between societies.
    Japan has very few guns. But very high suicides. Because there are factors other than guns.

Actually, it may have been sarcasm looking at his page.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Legislation was the wrong wording. There should be a path for schools to identify dangerous teens. A restraining order should keep legal forearms out of their hands.

Gotcha. But if they really really want one or another means to do harm on a large scale it is easy enough to do.

Right. Just like the requirement to have a prescription doesn't keep prescription drug abusers from getting drugs, a RO might keep a FFL from transferring a gun but it won't stop a friend, relative, or shady characters from selling it to them.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    About metal detectors.

They create choke points.
    Shooter then shoots people in line.

Who is running detector?
    Someone unarmed?
    Shoot him, move in to crowd.

Arm detector operator.
    He pays attention to people going thru.
    Person back 15 people shoots him.

Detector give false positives.
    People start to ignore it, or calibrate it less sensitive.
    This one I've seen the most.
    How many people pay attention to car alarms anymore because of so many set up wrong, or accidentally triggered?

Then have armed guard on where the line is while the students goes through inspection (not necessarily a metal detector). This is the discussion that many are asking, how to prevent this. What are ways to prevent this? I'm open to anything.

We already know that the last 2 decades (which also shows the bad upbringing of the newer generation compared to before) is where the mass shootings have risen. People atttack our rights because of that. We know evil is and will always be there. This will not be the last and it will con't to happen until there is a realistic deterrent.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'll be interesting to see if the security guard was targeted or one of the initial shots?

Still haven't figured exactly how the shooter entered the building have we?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Right. Just like the requirement to have a prescription doesn't keep prescription drug abusers from getting drugs, a RO might keep a FFL from transferring a gun but it won't stop a friend, relative, or shady characters from selling it to them.

I said it would keep them from legally owning. Not that it would eliminate the risk just restrict it and force them to sell illegal means to aquire a gun. The ATF was not very successful getting a weapon illegally, most teens would also have trouble.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The bodies aren't even room temperature and yet my liberal troll "friends" on facebook are calling for gun control. They don't like it when I bring up how gun control failed in this instance.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The bodies aren't even room temperature and yet my liberal troll "friends" on facebook are calling for gun control. They don't like it when I bring up how gun control failed in this instance.

They never do.
    They don't like it when you point out guns were illegally obtained, therefore no NICS check.
    They don't like it when you point out guns were legally purchased, therefore NICS was useless.

Therefore, NICS is useless.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I said it would keep them from legally owning. Not that it would eliminate the risk just restrict it and force them to sell illegal means to aquire a gun. The ATF was not very successful getting a weapon illegally, most teens would also have trouble.

I didn't think a teen can even buy a gun through an FFL whether he has a RO or not. No one likely knows how many guns any given person has. Circumventing the requirement to turn in any guns he might own probably isn't all that difficult. I respect that you're trying to come up with a fix to this. But even with existing laws, a person wanting to get his hands on a gun will find a way. And even if you successfully make it too difficult for him to get a gun, as we've all seen in the news fairly recently, there are other ways to injure and kill people.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I didn't think a teen can even buy a gun through an FFL whether he has a RO or not. No one likely knows how many guns any given person has. Circumventing the requirement to turn in any guns he might own probably isn't all that difficult. I respect that you're trying to come up with a fix to this. But even with existing laws, a person wanting to get his hands on a gun will find a way. And even if you successfully make it too difficult for him to get a gun, as we've all seen in the news fairly recently, there are other ways to injure and kill people.

You can buy a rifle at 18. It's common to be up to 19 in high school.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This school had a cafeteria section called the "Emo Gazebo," where the outcasts hung out. Supposedly the shooter didn't even fit in here. Hmm?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom