• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    There will be more slides avaliable, good e bay deal though. I do hope it all works out well, I have a Sig 226. I would carry it too, but along came GLOCK and so far thats been it for me. Keep us informed.

(Sig Arms Sig Sauer P226 Slide Firing Pin Extractor Front R Sight Assembly 9mm | eBay)

Thank you Sir! Yes there will be more than the previous auction and this one, but I'm not letting it drag on that long. If he can't score one of these two, it's OEM replacement. Cant' say as I blame you on the plastic fantastic route, I'm currently carrying M&P and can't decide between staying or going Sig.

Thanks for the link Stephen87, but a factory direct slide is $275 + S&H, had all the guts and barrel stripped out before it went for plating so that auction is a little more than I need...or can probably get the guy to spring for as a solution.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Ok so update on this. I've acquire another slide! Had to have a LGS bid on Gunbroker to get it and have the other fellow reimburse me, but it's all panned out, free and clear with no hard feelings on any side.

I'll put a picture here once I resolve a few issue's with my cameras photo taking capabilities (broken :rolleyes:) .

But had the frame matte black Duracoated and the replacement slide was electro-less nickle coated prior to my receiving it. Have to acquire sights for it (thinking Tru-Glo TFO's, really like them on my M&P.45c).

Slide ran @ $190, $500 for the gun and figuring $80 in sights, I bartered for the Duracoating so....figure I have $850-900 in a $600 used gun :whistle:
    <---....some guys shouldn't try to buy projects :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok so update on this. I've acquire another slide! Had to have a LGS bid on Gunbroker to get it and have the other fellow reimburse me, but it's all panned out, free and clear with no hard feelings on any side.

I'll put a picture here once I resolve a few issue's with my cameras photo taking capabilities (broken :rolleyes:) .

But had the frame matte black Duracoated and the replacement slide was electro-less nickle coated prior to my receiving it. Have to acquire sights for it (thinking Tru-Glo TFO's, really like them on my M&P.45c).

Slide ran @ $190, $500 for the gun and figuring $80 in sights, I bartered for the Duracoating so....figure I have $850-900 in a $600 used gun :whistle:
    <---....some guys shouldn't try to buy projects :dunno:

Good to hear. Glad all worked out.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK Stubby, glad it all worked out and with the replacement slide, you ended up fairing well in the long run, waiting for those "AFTER" pics.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Used my cell but here's a picture of how it sits now. Set of TFO's are on the way, no sights currently installed.

10177416_801883539830563_3906425956087561447_n.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes.

Hi Ragnar!

sipherblitz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Greenwood
    wow... sounds like someone owes you a new gun. dang. I prefer DLC over most anything else as far as coatings go. pricey, but I don't worry about scratching stuff up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom