• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Ouch. Sig 'd be a good choice. Might also check with Top Gun.

And sorry to hear about it.

Didja happen to look on Gunbroker?

Called Sig, they want about 1/3 the price of a new gun for a slide. Which I"m not complaining about, just that's the facts. Thanks for the tip on Top Gun, hadn't known about or checked them yet. And a casual check on Gun Broker hasn't yielded anything but I haven't really started digging on there yet. Numerich is out of stock on them, and want 2x what Sig does for a OEM replacement.

Hope all you "Get what you Pay for" crowd buy everything you purchase at full retail; I'd hate to think you get less than your full moneys worth out of your items. :flamethrower:

No it wasn't a freebie, it went through the front door like everything else; but the place isn't focused or catering to the firearm market. Just they're not adverse to it either.

Someone made a mistake, **** happens, we're humans. Well, most, anyway. It was said up - front a replacement would be made. Regardless whose dime it's on, the replacement has to be found for sale before it can be bought. Hence this thread.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN

Thanks! Honestly, Ebay hadn't entered my mind.

You could always get a 22 LR kit from SIG and put on it.

True, haven't found a conversion kit for sale either. Plus if I get a .22 kit for the slide, I couldn't put the 9mm barrel in it, and then I'd have vastly overpaid for a Mosquito.

Sorry this is the only picture I have of it at the moment, it's still up at the platers.

1395419_618045668233759_686777817_n_zpsc566cd36.jpg

Last edited:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thanks! Honestly, Ebay hadn't entered my mind.

True, haven't found a conversion kit for sale either. Plus if I get a .22 kit for the slide, I couldn't put the 9mm barrel in it, and then I'd have vastly overpaid for a Mosquito.

Sorry this is the only picture I have of it at the moment, it's still up at the platers.

1395419_618045668233759_686777817_n_zpsc566cd36.jpg
    WOW! That is truly ugly. Sorry for your loss.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    what the hell!!!! omg, if that were my slide, i'd drive over there and kick some ass!!!!!!

on the inside, i'm crying...poor sig...she didn't deserve to die like that...:crying:

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I agree, it sucks but people make mistakes and at least he was up-front about it and immediately started to right it. As for "Just get a (Sig) factory replacement and go on", that's probably what will happen but I'm not trying to skin the guy alive, so poking around a little before hang doesn't bother me much.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks for posting this, I feel for you, don't worry about the knucklehead replies,happens all the time.
    Your slide looks better than some GLOCK stippling jobs I wince when I see. I bet you get a replacement soon and life is good. Accidents happen.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Surprisingly the slide only sold for $150. OP should have made the platers bid on it.

Can't force anyone to do anything.... sadly :(.

It was shown to them and um..reccomended .... they bid. I've not heard if it was them who won or not. I truly hope so. Will be knocking on doors if I haven't heard by next weekend though.

Thanks for posting this, I feel for you, don't worry about the knucklehead replies,happens all the time.
    Your slide looks better than some GLOCK stippling jobs I wince when I see. I bet you get a replacement soon and life is good. Accidents happen.

Thanks for the kind words Bud, accidents happen is how I'm trying to keep about the situation. Just sucks it's a $300 accident that involves ME :rolleyes:

Top Bottom