• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    im not sure if you're serious, but wouldn't it have been better if he continued and finished the drill? that was a real stressful situation and having been shot wouldn't that be perfect to finish drill? what im trying to say is say you're in a gun fight and get shot, are you just gonna drop the weapon or keep shooting?

I just didnt want to see him shoot himself anymore. I figured that was the "drill" he was practicing based on the video.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Tragic Firearms Accident he called it. I call it a negligent discharge, period! He also said the the only thing that made me shoot myself was I got in a hurry on the range. Well Mr. Einstein what would happen in real life in a real situation with some real stress where you were making a rapid draw? Yea you would probably shoot yourself again. I hate Serpa holsters for a 1911. Accidents/negligent discharges waiting to happen IMO.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Does everyone remember where they were when they heard the news that he shot himself?

I like how he lists his two regrets, and neither one of them is shooting himself in the leg.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wait a second.

His name is "TEX", he talks like he has a birth issue, he wears camo vests and a cowboy hat, and he is from ILLINOIS?

Thats it.

I quit.

A lot of people on here have a hero that wears the same kinds of stuff and is from Detroit. I honestly think that man is a bigger idiot than Tex and I think Tex is a world class idiot.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I kinda want to unload mine and see if I can get the hammer to drop on the draw, because I can't figure out how someone would even accomplish that other than letting their finger hit the trigger.

If you do not unlock a Serpa with a flat finger, it is pretty easy to get into the trigger guard.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Tex made a video a short while after the shooting stating that he WAS NOT using a serpa holster now he is saying it was one? something is not adding up here...

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    No matter how funny the video might be (I'm sure we all would appear hobble limping and cursing after being shot in the leg), I don't think it is fair to say that the guy is just a retard and that it could never happen to "me". It could happen to any of us really, but the chances of us posting it on youtube as courageously as he did, are almost nill. I'm sure if it were 100% his fault he wouldn't have posted the video. It was the SERPA holster that largely contributed to the accident, and he wanted to get the word out and prevent other injuries, even knowing it would ruin his career.

I get the spirit of what you are saying, but on the other hand I think the word "courage" has lost all meaning when posting something to youtube counts as courage.

Some people just like attention...good or bad.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Could he get a handicap parking permit for that wound? It didn't look like it hurt that much, and to pickup one of those cherry parking spaces at the Walmart and mall... Might be worth it. Are we sure this was an accident? ;)

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    A lot of people on here have a hero that wears the same kinds of stuff and is from Detroit. I honestly think that man is a bigger idiot than Tex and I think Tex is a world class idiot.

Should I know who you are talking about? I honestly have no clue.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am quite glad that he is alright. Also very thankful that he is humble enough to post a recovery vid and take a couple little jabs at himself.

Very glad that he owned up to his **** up and did not blame the gun or the holster.

Let this be a lesson to everyone: carry a trauma bag to the range :)

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

:eek: I thought everyone in the gun world liked the Nudge... Oh well, I'm sure he doesn't mind. My boss saw him live at some kind of BBQ thing in Indy a few years ago. He said it was pretty racist and they ask him to stop, it got ugly, really ugly after that.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    noooooo
    It was the GUN that largely contributed to the accident ... much more than the awesome Serpa Holster.

Blaming the holster puts a person in the same ranks as those who would blame guns for "accidents" and the acts of depraved individuals.
    Proper use of the Serpa is just as importance as proper use of a gun. You should be trained for both.

Don't diss the Serpa, dude;)
    (note the friendly wink but no purple)

I own three SERPA holsters, so don't think that I am a hater, but I know to be extra cautious with them. Seriously folks, have you not seen this video? I thought everyone had, since it is the first result whenever I search youtube about this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpxVG9XFJc

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I hate to revisit 'the incident' but in the original video he said he went from using the Safariland holster that you push down and forward to release the gun and switched to the Serpa holster trying to do the same close retention drill. In the original vid you see him try to release his 1911 from the Serpa using the same method you'd use for the Safariland...instead of resetting himself and trying again he pushed the gun back down, stabbed the Serpa release with the tip of his finger and yanked the gun out. At some point during all that he clicked the thumb safety off so it was about 3 or 4 things that could have gone wrong that DID go wrong. Take one of those elements out and people would only make fun of him for his hat...and yes well a few other things but not for getting shot or using a particular holster brand.

Top Bottom