• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Earlier in this thread someone said you can FOIA this kind of thing. That's the made for TV fiction about how this is supposed to work. As I pointed out earlier, they are often hard to get, meaning the responsible agency does not obey the law.

It is a common tactic: https://openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6274&context=law_lawreview

The three officers have been suspended. Hopefully qualified immunity is stripped from them.
    Another instance of someone wanting to punish someone before there is a conviction.

I'd rather wait to see the outcome of an investigation and whatever trial might come after before I talked about something like that.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Another instance of someone wanting to punish someone before there is a conviction.

I'd rather wait to see the outcome of an investigation and whatever trial might come after before I talked about something like that.
    Fair enough, I should have said "if they are found guilty".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fair enough, I should have said "if they are found guilty".
    This looks pretty much like window dressing to give the appearance of fairness. Something tells me your mind has already been made up.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    That is exactly how some people get their understanding about how law enforcement works.. as opposed to how things actually work.
    How do you mean? I've seen a lot of documented cases of refusing to release data, heavy redactions, missing audio etc. I made a link to a paper about it. You guys denying it doesn't it cover it up anymore. Data is much easier to to get now.

Last edited:

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    This looks pretty much like window dressing to give the appearance of fairness. Something tells me your mind has already been made up.
    The voices in your head that are "telling you something" are wrong. I saw video of the beating, it looks wrong to me. The perpetrator's own department has suspended them so they must agree with me. Forgive me if I didn't see the posts you made giving the same admonition to all the people saying "he got what was coming to him.

How delicate are some of you that someone else's opinion about something (expressed pretty gently) causes you to be so hurt? I have only said they should be held accountable if they are guilty. I would think the "don't tread on me" crowd would be keen to keep a tight leash on authority.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The voices in your head that are "telling you something" are wrong. I saw video of the beating, it looks wrong to me. The perpetrator's own department has suspended them so they must agree with me. Forgive me if I didn't see the posts you made giving the same admonition to all the people saying "he got what was coming to him.

How delicate are some of you that someone else's opinion about something (expressed pretty gently) causes you to be so hurt? I have only said they should be held accountable if they are guilty. I would think the "don't tread on me" crowd would be keen to keep a tight leash on authority.
    Always on the attack aren't we. I will not deny that we all are guilty of have a propensity to form a conclusion at times and see what we want based on preconceived notions.

That applies to the way in which we interact in a discussion as well.

As far as suspensions go, they can easily be undertaken as a placating measure as much as an agreement with your conclusion of guilt.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Always on the attack aren't we. I will not deny that we all are guilty of have a propensity to form a conclusion at times and see what we want based on preconceived notions.

That applies to the way in which we interact in a discussion as well.
    You are the one that started with a hostile response. I guess your use of the word "we" here is Freudian.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Why are you always taking insult where there is none? All he said was it sounded like your mind was already made up, how is that "hostile"?

I apologize, did you think he meant
    that as a compliment?

Gimme a break. You are filled with nothing but hostility.
    There are various prizes around the world for the demonstrated ability to read minds. Perhaps you should try to claim one of them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I apologize, did you think he meant
    that as a compliment?
    Can you try to honestly answer my question while perched upon your high horse? Was my post accurate or not?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Did you ever try to argue with Kut when he was still here? This one is the same.
    Yeah I know. The tone is set to illicit a nasty argument. My posts have been nowhere near as hostile in rhetoric to illicit the kind of response that I got.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yup, not falling for the, "I saw a snippet of a video and thus I have enough info to pass judgement." There is WAY more involved in determining the reasonableness of force used than just looking at a video. It certainly plays a part but just a part.
    IKR? The dude probably did a foursome with the officers wives.

Top Bottom