• ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I know. It would be knocking the reliability and value of the 322. I should only mention the sw41 when comparing to extremely overpriced things. LOL

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know. It would be knocking the reliability and value of the 322. I should only mention the sw41 when comparing to extremely overpriced things. LOL
    Below is an example of a gun moderately priced (lower priced in today's inflated market) that has been around for ages that does much better in my hands than the Sig 322:
    - Browning Buckmark.

Just in 2023, I've had 4 models of these at the same time. :dunno:
    I sold you a 7.25" barrel that I think was called the Target or Hunter (?), that I wished I'd kept as a non-optic pistol.

For me, the Buckmarks have shot better than the Ruger Mark 4s, Smith Victorys, 1911-22LR clones & many others for me.
    It took me 6 years to figure that out, haha!

1681564665741.png

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Owning both a 41 and P322 the P322 is totally reliable with anything you put through it. The 41 is reliable with certain ammo , others not as much. I use CCI Std. Vel. mostly that is very reliable and is match accurate.

But with a million dollars on the line to shoot the best scores at 25 or 50 yards there is no comparison the 41 is far and away more consistently accurate.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Owning both a 41 and P322 the P322 is totally reliable with anything you put through it. The 41 is reliable with certain ammo , others not as much. I use CCI Std. Vel. mostly that is very reliable and is match accurate.

But with a million dollars on the line to shoot the best scores at 25 or 50 yards there is no comparison the 41 is far and away more consistently accurate.
    With my eyes and hands, I'd be thrilled to do 25 or 50 FEET.:lmfao:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    With my eyes and hands, I'd be thrilled to do 25 or 50 FEET.:lmfao:
    In the late 1980s to mid 1990s I used to shoot in some of the Muncie indoor range pistol leagues which were fired at 50 feet. I can tell you 50 feet can be quite challenging using NRA pistol targets for that distance. Especially one handed. And yes I wish I had my vision back from those days!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    To speak of the Sig 322 in the same sentence with the SW 41 is blasphemy.
    Here is the proof doddg was sandbagging. Went to the range for less than ten minutes today just to shoot a row on the target he uses. Most of the time was measuring and setting the target. Took two not even fully loaded mags and stopped on way to dinner with wife in car yelling at me to hurry up. Shoot all free hand from 21 ft rapidly. Took my time on one target. You can tell which one I hope. The target labeled 4/5 is actually wrong. It’s on the line so I’m reality it shot 100 percent for me free hand. They don’t almost shoot them selves like CZs but I believe it is a very nice plinker.

D8E7C87E-9B10-436E-9984-FF136FA9C3C5.jpeg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Here is the proof doddg was sandbagging. Went to the range for less than ten minutes today just to shoot a row on the target he uses. Most of the time was measuring and setting the target. Took two not even fully loaded mags and stopped on way to dinner with wife in car yelling at me to hurry up. Shoot all free hand from 21 ft rapidly. Took my time on one target. You can tell which one I hope. The target labeled 4/5 is actually wrong. It’s on the line so I’m reality it shot 100 percent for me free hand. They don’t almost shoot them selves like CZs but I believe it is a very nice plinker.

View attachment 269929
    "Gary's Magic Accuracy Target", lol.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I agree, I brought home another 41 to give to my thing 2. This one is a relitivity new production pistol that I bought at the Tipton show a few weeks ago.
    My others are pre 78's, I rolled a few mags out of it the other afternoon with Automatch and like 41's its a shooter too.
    At 50' the first 10 rds downrange since last fall.
    Top 2 first, bottom 3 next and then the last 5 in the center.

20230413_153402.jpg

IMG-20230401-WA0006.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

View attachment 269929
    Youth: enjoy! :laugh:

I can only envy!
    The fact that you did it free hand just blows my mind!
    Impressive, Skywalker. :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I agree, I brought home another 41 to give to my thing 2. This one is a relitivity new production pistol that I bought at the Tipton show a few weeks ago.
    My others are pre 78's, I rolled a few mags out of it the other afternoon with Automatch and like 41's its a shooter too.
    At 50' the first 10 rds downrange since last fall.
    Top 2 first, bottom 3 next and then the last 5 in the center.

View attachment 269948

View attachment 269949
    Wood on those grips are :wow:

50'!!!
    I can't even see where the rounds are hitting at 45' w/o taking my binos out after every shot. :facepalm:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Youth: enjoy! :laugh:

I can only envy!
    The fact that you did it free hand just blows my mind!
    Impressive, Skywalker. :thumbsup:
    It’s easier for me to shoot free hand thsn from a rest. Especially with pistols. I wonder if your rest setup is to blame for things like the 322 thst I know is as accurate as anyrhjng not doing well for you. Can’t remember what kind of rest you use but maybe it’s time to replace if it’s a bean bag one or foam. Maybe it’s worn out? I have little experience wirh rests but always felt in natural for me. It is at least another variable to explore since we know it’s not the gun before we just put all the X factor on you! LOL

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It’s easier for me to shoot free hand thsn from a rest. Especially with pistols. I wonder if your rest setup is to blame for things like the 322 thst I know is as accurate as anyrhjng not doing well for you. Can’t remember what kind of rest you use but maybe it’s time to replace if it’s a bean bag one or foam. Maybe it’s worn out? I have little experience wirh rests but always felt in natural for me. It is at least another variable to explore since we know it’s not the gun before we just put all the X factor on you! LOL
    Yep, irons and one hand in the pocket.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I use 2 bean bags stacked on top of each other on top of 3 boards
    for a hand rest for all my handguns.

Top Bottom