• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So what about people in low crime areas that are educated, and have the means? They can be equally culpable.

Kut (thinks it's obvious that uneducated people aren't throwing around the word Gestopo)

The people in the low crime areas aren't as likely to suffer when the inner city police call in sick.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    From Drew Hastings:

Maybe the Police should call in "sick" in our inner cities for 2 weeks and let the residents see how quickly society devolves without them.
    I'm for that one. I've seen "sick ins" over wage, hour and working conditions disputes but I can't remember any police actions for having their legs cut out from under them by their political bosses. I wonder who provides security for hiz honor in the Big Apple? I wouldn't want that job. It would take all my strength to not throw up on the POS.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I had the same thought when I saw even a few people cheering.

The sad reality is though that most people living in high-crime areas are poor, uneducated, and don't have the understanding or the means to get to a safer area. They are victims of the few bad apples.
    Who do you imagine the, Poor, uneducated" people living in high crime areas vote for? Do they help perpetrate their own problems/conditions by voting straight democrat? I believe so. And the tenants of most democrat campaign strategy? Blaming all the problems on those evil corporations, privileged white people, thug cops, slavery, etc. So if they won't wake up and stop supporting the race baiters they will continue to suffer.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The people in the low crime areas aren't as likely to suffer when the inner city police call in sick.

In real terms, that's true. But in practice, people in low crime areas will think that they are paying just as heavy a burden. Now they are the entitlement crowd.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    10620523_10205072777836778_2051213600028999348_n.jpg
    God bless you, young Jaden. Your father dances with the saints in the arms of Jesus. He has joined the finest of the finest; those who have given their lives for others. He didn't do it consciously when he was murdered today but the moment he made the decision to put on the badge of a peace officer. He didn't join the force because of a power trip or because they had a good retirement plan but because he loved his fellow citizens and willingly put himself in danger to serve. Peace to you, young man. Make your father proud by living the life he bought for you to the fullest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who do you imagine the, Poor, uneducated" people living in high crime areas vote for? Do they help perpetrate their own problems/conditions by voting straight democrat? I believe so. And the tenants of most democrat campaign strategy? Blaming all the problems on those evil corporations, privileged white people, thug cops, slavery, etc. So if they won't wake up and stop supporting the race baiters they will continue to suffer.

That has been proven wrong over and over. There are plenty of poor and uneducated that vote straight ticket Republican, and would gnaw off their arm if it was attached to a democrat voting lever.

And I couldn't help, since we're talking about the "poor and uneducated," that the people they place blame, and thus excluding them from being "poor and uneducated," are white people, cops, use slavery as a crutch, and are race baiters.
    Bias against colored folks much, Mr Ortega?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    In real terms, that's true. But in practice, people in low crime areas will think that they are paying just as heavy a burden. Now they are the entitlement crowd.

I'm curious as to whether you say that as a political viewpoint or as in reference to how you are treated as an officer. ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm curious as to whether you say that as a political viewpoint or as in reference to how you are treated as an officer. ?

Both. When I'm at work, we stay busy, and not because we're always dealing with real crime (with a nod to the boys at IMPD, who do), because someone lost a dog, someone locked their keys in their car, some kids are throwing rocks at a tree, there's a goose in my yard, I heard a coyote, there's solicitor in a bright green vest who is "casing" neighborhoods, I have a flat tire, my husband didn't come home on time, my kids wont do their homework, someone is fishing in the neighborhood pond, someone took a picture of my house, my house has been TP'd, I think I forgot to lock my door... (all real calls).

These people's heads would explode if we took an hour off, let alone 2 weeks.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Both. When I'm at work, we stay busy, and not because we're always dealing with real crime (with a nod to the boys at IMPD, who do), because someone lost a dog, someone locked their keys in their car, some kids are throwing rocks at a tree, there's a goose in my yard, I heard a coyote, there's solicitor in a bright green vest who is "casing" neighborhoods, I have a flat tire, my husband didn't come home on time, my kids wont do their homework, someone is fishing in the neighborhood pond, someone took a picture of my house, my house has been TP'd, I think I forgot to lock my door... (all real calls).

These people's heads would explode if we took an hour off, let alone 2 weeks.

As a relative noob.... I don't know where you work. Do you mind saying?

(and yes I hear what you are saying)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    That has been proven wrong over and over. There are plenty of poor and uneducated that vote straight ticket Republican, and would gnaw off their arm if it was attached to a democrat voting lever.

And I couldn't help, since we're talking about the "poor and uneducated," that the people they place blame, and thus excluding them from being "poor and uneducated," are white people, cops, use slavery as a crutch, and are race baiters.
    Bias against colored folks much, Mr Ortega?
    "Colored folks?" That's such a derogatory term, don't you think? I refer to People of Color as "Black" or "African American." But you probably threw in the term because you think that is how I see it. Insult taken.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Colored folks?" That's such a derogatory term, don't you think? I refer to People of Color as "Black" or "African American." But you probably threw in the term because you think that is how I see it. Insult taken.

I think African-American is offensive. I have neither been to Africa, nor do I want to go. You've already explained you see it.... "poor uneducated people that complain about slavery, privileged whites, and support race baiters. I think the image of the person you're trying to convey is obvious.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I believe these former NYPD cops are reasonably upset

LiveLeak.com - NYPD Det. Bo Dietl and Fmr NYPD Chief heated I/V with J Piero on FOX (PART 2) Re: 2 NYPD Cops Shot

Murderer Brinsley's latest criminal history, from USA Today

Brinsley was arrested in July 2011 in connection with alleged violent offenses in Georgia.

He was charged with felony possession of a firearm, discharging a firearm, obstructing a police officer, criminal damage of property and theft by receiving, according to records in Cobb County Court.

He was ordered to pay $1,700 in fines and fees, and appears to have been released on probation, the records show. Brinsley's probation was revoked in June 2013, according to the records.
    Murder weapon from NYPD file:

http://
    14vgtoj.jpg

I wonder if the killer had a NY Permit to carry and or a seven shot magazine in his taurus 92.

WAKE UP AMERICA !

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    there are colors other than black

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you guys ever get tired of this? I mean really? Does every single opportunity to point at "them" HAVE to be posted just so people can **** and moan about the same old stuff? Two people are dead and the only thing their lives are good for at this point is to prove that "they" are wrong about... whatever the flavor of the day is.
    Yes we do. And that's the point. We are tired of criminals being lifted up on a pedestal as some kind of martyr, while the police are vilified for doing their jobs. My guess is there will be no protests, either locally or nationwide for this incident. But why not? That is the question I would like to see answered. Are there bad shoots by police? Absolutely. However what is the ratio between these "bad shoots" by the police and the killings that occur every day and are apparently tolerated? In my opinion, the true outrage should be for the latter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes we do. And that's the point. We are tired of criminals being lifted up on a pedestal as some kind of martyr, while the police are vilified for doing their jobs. My guess is there will be no protests, either locally or nationwide for this incident. But why not? That is the question I would like to see answered. Are there bad shoots by police? Absolutely. However what is the ratio between these "bad shoots" by the police and the killings that occur every day and are apparently tolerated? In my opinion, the true outrage should be for the latter.

Beating a drum no one will hear DD.
    I understand what "Q" and others are saying but there is a serious problem rising up around us that does not get addressed. People of color do not have the market on criminal behavior cornered but there is a % of murders/home invasions/robbery's etc being done by the people we have a hard time referring to with out offending. Repeat offenders causing most of the problems in the mentioned areas of criminal activity and Drugs were not listed but same thing there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Beating a drum no one will hear DD.
    I understand what "Q" and others are saying but there is a serious problem rising up around us that does not get addressed. People of color do not have the market on criminal behavior cornered but there is a % of murders/home invasions/robbery's etc being done by the people we have a hard time referring to with out offending. Repeat offenders causing most of the problems in the mentioned areas of criminal activity and Drugs were not listed but same thing there.

Sadly, that seems to be the case. And not just here on INGO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sadly, that seems to be the case. And not just here on INGO.

This issue has been brewing/festering for a long long time. While so many people of color attempt to rise above it and better themselves there is a % of them that has no Moral compass. No Honor and little if any respect for life. This is not going to be "Fixed" with new laws. These people do not have the slightest fear of the existing laws. Just watch some of the looting that has taken place this year.
    Not trying to stir anyone's pot but these issues have to be openly addressed or our children will suffer the consequences.

Edit.....we can look at what is happening in rural areas as well. The meth/krack sub-culture is becoming a serious issue. These people are not of color. The drug induced mind set is out of control across the board.

Top Bottom