• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't understand why a moderator of this forum would want to go to a class where the instructor is threatening a member in good standing of this forum, or continue to post videos from that guy in the future.

If a poster decided to threaten another member with ass beatings, I'm guessing a moderator would bounce them for that or at least say something about it, not condone it (or effectively endorse it).

Still fairly new here, but this disconnect thoroughly confuses me. :dunno:

First, welcome to INGO. :ingo:

I'm sure you're not the only one who wonders such things, so I'd be glad to address them here openly.

Why am I willing accept a free course at Tactical Response?

1. Because it's free.
    2. Because I'd be a hypocrite if I often told folks that it's important to seek out training from several different instructors and then passed on this opportunity.
    3. Because I believe that, no matter what school one is attending, something can be learned from the experience.
    4. Because spending a few days training in beautiful Tennessee sounds like a great way to spend some of my vacation time.
    5. Because my presence at and documentation of such a trip would provide some interesting content for other INGOers to read and enjoy.

Why is such speech allowed when it's pointed at an INGOer?

As an INGO Moderator I work to enforce the rules and policies of INGO, on INGO. One of our rules is "no direct name-calling (or threatening)". But, as Mr. Yeager isn't an INGO member, and as he didn't come here to make his threats, there isn't much for me to do. He posted his thoughts on his own YouTube channel and someone linked the video here.

And besides all that, its important to keep everything in context here. This is internet posturing at its most laughable. It's no secret that jeremy has posted his fair share of "Yeager bashing", and he'll freely admit to it. He's a big boy and can take some online ribbing from an outside source.

Personally I think it would be great if jeremy and I took a course together. Then we could post our AARs from our varying perspectives. :ingo:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    @ esrice. Would you also be partaking in the pancakes that JY offered jeremy if the both of you took the course together? :D

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    arrogant ass, couldnt get through more than a minute of the video.

Everyone on this site is more apt to die from being a fat ass than get shot by a bad guy.

Its not cool to actually ride a bike or push yourself away from the feed bag though.

So true.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Has any one taken a class with Yeager as the instructor? I am curious if his demeanor is different then the videos. I'm not approving of the treatment or comments about other people, but I wonder if this is a situation like "The Boz" versus Brian Bozworth? Is this really him or a character on YouTube?

Just a question for those that are more in the know.

That's the real person for sure. In person though the comedy is more prevalent than the arrogance.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    arrogant ass, couldnt get through more than a minute of the video.

Everyone on this site is more apt to die from being a fat ass than get shot by a bad guy.

Its not cool to actually ride a bike or push yourself away from the feed bag though.

Mr. Yeager, is that you? :dunno:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You can say whatever you want about JY. But you cannot say his wife is not hot.

For 20 years and a boob job later. :yesway:

I think her "hottness level" is probably proportional to the age of the person judging her hottness level.

I'm 26, and I don't see the hot in her.... maybe slightly attractive for a 40 y.o. man, but for me... .well, my wife is pretty much smokin'.

Im 25 and I think she is pretty hot. :dunno:

I mean If I wasnt engaged and I caught her eye from across the bar Id give her a go.

Dont discount older women my friend... They may just open your eyes. ;)

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Why is such speech allowed when it's pointed at an INGOer?

As an INGO Moderator I work to enforce the rules and policies of INGO, on INGO. One of our rules is "no direct name-calling (or threatening)". But, as Mr. Yeager isn't an INGO member, and as he didn't come here to make his threats, there isn't much for me to do. He posted his thoughts on his own YouTube channel and someone linked the video here.

Of course you can't police the entire internet or youtube. But you can be consistent in your views. So when I see your sig point to the FAQ / Rules and the first rule is no trolling, flaming, and abusive behavior...yet post videos of Yeager and are somewhat of an enthusiastic supporter of his when he does those things constantly, I find those incongruous and yes, hypocritical. It would be one thing if his videos weren't dragged over here constantly, but they are. He may not be a member, but that shouldn't give him a free pass and license on this site to call people here effing f***ots either just because he isn't a member.

To me, I think it should be a little embarrassing to the owners of this site and the mod team to have a guy with an INGO shirt on calling people on INGO effing f***ots and threatening them. You can't control people, but you can control them being able to have their videos being posted on INGO.

I really don't care if you go to the class or not, that is something for your conscience to decide. But I do think you should rethink letting his videos on here when he's calling posters here effing f***ots and threatening them with bodily harm.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    And besides all that, its important to keep everything in context here. This is internet posturing at its most laughable. It's no secret that jeremy has posted his fair share of "Yeager bashing", and he'll freely admit to it. He's a big boy and can take some online ribbing from an outside source.
    Huh...

Personally, I thought I had kept my "Yeager Bashing" Pretty tame.
    I will admit I do not like him personally, and yes I have met him and even worked around/with him. I doubt if he remembers me, I was a "Green Suiter"...

I have kept from using personal attacks on him or name calling. Maybe I just am not that childish, and I think I am pretty damn juvenile. I have not slandered him, or said questionable things about him, if I have posted anything it has been factual, and public record available.

I do think his challenge and name calling was a bit rude. 20 years ago I might have taken a trip to Camden, and probably not for his free class...

Personally I think it would be great if jeremy and I took a course together. Then we could post our AARs from our varying perspectives. :ingo:
    Not a chance in hell... :popcorn:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey Jeremy, if Mr.Yeager is willing to offer a free class to you and to Esrice and if you dont want it you should see if there's a way he can offer it to some other INGO member who might be interested by it.
    If he's actually willing to give away two free classes, idk about that until he does it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So how long do you think it would take for James Yeager to get prema-banned if he did join up?

Obviously he'd be subject to the same rules like everyone else.

But I do think you should rethink letting his videos on here when he's calling posters here effing f***ots and threatening them with bodily harm.

If you watch the video again you'll see that he actually had some very nice things to say about INGOers. His negative remarks were directed toward a single member.

I think you are missing the forest for the trees, but I do appreciate your participation here.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Personally, I thought I had kept my "Yeager Bashing" Pretty tame.
    I will admit I do not like him personally, and yes I have met him and even worked around/with him. I doubt if he remembers me, I was a "Green Suiter"...

Although you haven't been the most overly harsh critic, one can certainly look back and see that your criticisms were some of the more interesting and intriguing (having past ties and such). I'm gonna guess that wasn't lost on Mr. Yeager and he picked you as the whipping boy for the shout-out video.

Same thing with me-- I'm no TR fanboi but I have posted quite a few of his videos here in the past. I'm sure that's how I got noticed.

Besides, I figured you were enjoying getting under his skin like that. :D

C'mon, let's go to class together. :):

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If he signs up we can start a betting pool. ;)

LOL.

Personally I think he should join up. As long as he checks his ego at the sign in that is.

He does have some decent info to share if you ignore his crap talk and look past the whole mid-east event that made him infamous. He certanly knows more than I do about tactics and training and if he was a better mannered person I wouldnt be so hesitant to take one of his classes.

For me though I find it very hard to look past the said event and I find it even harder to take him serious as a trainer given his general demeanor. I think there are better teachers that my money would be better invested in, but of course that is just my opinion.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Although you haven't been the most overly harsh critic, one can certainly look back and see that your criticisms were some of the more interesting and intriguing (having past ties and such). I'm gonna guess that wasn't lost on Mr. Yeager and he picked you as the whipping boy for the shout-out video.

Same thing with me-- I'm no TR fanboi but I have posted quite a few of his videos here in the past. I'm sure that's how I got noticed.
    But did I ever dip to name calling or defamation of his character?! :dunno:
    Not that I can recall, I will admit I have been a critic, and I do weigh and measure his videos and comments across a very tough scale due to the past. But do you not yourself when you have past ties with someone?! I am not really any harsher on him than I am on several other persons here either.
    Besides, I figured you were enjoying getting under his skin like that. :D
    Oh, I don't really care that I bother him or not.

His inference that I am dishonorable on the other hand, is something I consider very distasteful. Have I ever referred to him in such a derogatory fashion, not that I can recall.
    C'mon, let's go to class together. :):
    Nah...
    See if he'll give it to someone else from INGO if you want.

I have some .Mil Classes I HAVE to take in this next year or no Promotions for me... :popcorn:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom