• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Stoppage" time. When there are injuries, or for dealing with setting up penalty kicks, the ref stops the clock.

Well, his clock, which is the controlling clock. If you watch a lot of NFL, you have to be familiar with the idea of the clock only runs while the ball's in play.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't get why they're prancing around like a bunch of namby-pambies! Why doesn't somebody pick up that damn thing and run it in for a touchdown?!??

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Is there a rule like icing in hockey?

Sort of - "offsides" in soccer tries to prevent people congregating around the goal. While there's a lot of nuance and horse manure, the basics are that you can't be closer to the goal than the last defender at the point when someone _kicks_ the ball to pass it to you. I'm sure that there are better explanations out there. But the offside rule is what you are looking for.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sort of - "offsides" in soccer tries to prevent people congregating around the goal. While there's a lot of nuance and horse manure, the basics are that you can't be closer to the goal than the last defender at the point when someone _kicks_ the ball to pass it to you. I'm sure that there are better explanations out there. But the offside rule is what you are looking for.

Icing in hockey is the defense blasting tag pick to the other end to get a breather from defending. Why doesn't the defense just kick the ball to midfield?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Pretty sure my dog has caught World Cup fever. Is the something the vet can do or do I need to go Old Yeller on him now?

For years, his favorite thing in the world was chasing down baseballs that we would hit out into the field. Now, all he wants to play with is that damn soccer ball. I want my Murrican dog back.:(

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    There are 32 teams total divided into 4 teams in 8 groups. Each team plays 3 games. They get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. After 3 games, the top 2 teams in each group move on to the final 16 elimination round. So far USA won the 1st game = 3 points and tied the 2nd = 1 point so they are sitting at the top of the group with 4 points. If they tie Germany they MAY move through but a win will guarantee it. Ties are ok. Doesn't the NFL allow ties now? Football is extremely frustrating to watch, the clock moves at 5-20 second intervals then commercial. I like the fact that the clock never stops and stays commercial free until halftime.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hey, at least the World Cup is a sport where the whole world gets a shot. Not like Basketball or Football here in the U.S, where we crown ourselves as "World Champions" when nobody else in the world got to participate. I always thought that was strange.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wow, what an effort by the goalie.

Yeah, I think he was out of position and expected the shot to go wide. He should have been able to get a fist on it and seemed like he pulled back instead.

As as soon as the pass came toward the corner flag I got really nervous. Incredible center pass and header for the tie. That is why soccer is awesome. That play happened over 10 seconds with multiple top notch moves culminating in the score.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom