Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    From the article:
    "I’m [in] the 4.9% that got Moderna and actually got COVID."

So she got sick, but just a stuffy nose, and some body aches. Sounds to me like it's working.

Weren't people already to ignore the .3% (or whatever) that will statistically die from COVID?
    Unbelievable the conflation you can come up with.

I got 100 cups, X of them contain poison, pick a cup and drink it vs. 99.7% that have run this gauntlet lived, those younger than 70 99.9% lived.

I'm running the gauntlet...

Edit: X is unknown because the vaccine is too new to know the death rate.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I got 100 cups, X of them contain poison, pick a cup and drink it vs. 99.7% that have run this gauntlet lived, those younger than 70 99.9% lived.

How many have it and have not been reported? I say it's much higher. After vaccination.

I've been all over 90% of the time without a mask that will not stop this weaponized virus. I have not gotten the virus. I do not wear a mask unless it is mandatory and in my county businesses are not requiring it only medical buildings.

I wash or sanitize my hands before touching my face after being in public, shaking hands etc. Same thing I did for flu season.

Oh and thank God the Chinese death disease has almost eliminated the Flu.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

No one here is asking you to not "run the gauntlet".

All I ask for is an objective look at the information and vetting information for, at least, some reliability before it is passed along.

As for the fact, and I agree it's a fact, that the breathless scare tactics of government and media have overblown the risk, I agree.

...but if we want the restrictions to end, well, if nothing changes, nothing changes. Feel free to do what you want as an individual, but on a population-wide scale, there is only one way back to normal and that is to reduce transmission rates and severity so that this thing really is nothing more than a flu. Vaccines are one tool on the tool belt.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You do realize that 95% effectiveness means 5% ineffectiveness, right?

With tens of millions of people being vaccinated and a very few news reports of infections, we're doing well.

But I get it....scare people. Instill fear.
    We don't know that yet. How many have been infected again and it's never reported?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Fear mongering. 66 people in my county died of this virus in the last what 18 months of outbreak? Not even 4 per month. More have died of other causes than the Chinese death disease. How many of the 66 were listed as died with the Chinese death disease and not of it?

You all wear your cloth mask and get your vaccine. Those like me who do not have it thank you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We don't know that yet. How many have been infected again and it's never reported?
    51 million people have been vaccinated to date. 5% of that is about 2.5 million. Sure, not everyone is equally exposed to the virus,

How about 5% of the 2.5 million- 125,000. How many news stories and studies report infection after vaccination? Are we close to 50,000 yet (less than .1% of the vaccinated)?

Why is there such an investment in vaccines not working? I get why a person wouldn't want to get it and I really get why people wouldn't want to be forced to get it. Why all this push to show that the vaccines don't work? The best evidence shows they do. If we want to point out that the studies have not been going on that long and there is more to know- agreed. However, there is literally NO evidence that they do not work as the stage 3 studies indicate.

"Vaccines don't work" is fear mongering.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    51 million people have been vaccinated to date. 5% of that is about 2.5 million. Sure, not everyone is equally exposed to the virus,

How about 5% of the 2.5 million- 125,000. How many news stories and studies report infection after vaccination? Are we close to 50,000 yet (less than .1% of the vaccinated)?

Why is there such an investment in vaccines not working? I get why a person wouldn't want to get it and I really get why people wouldn't want to be forced to get it. Why all this push to show that the vaccines don't work? The best evidence shows they do. If we want to point out that the studies have not been going on that long and there is more to know- agreed. However, there is literally NO evidence that they do not work as the stage 3 studies indicate.

"Vaccines don't work" is fear mongering.
    How Many do not report if they did because of mild symptoms or no symptoms? Yet contagious? Like I said we do not know yet. Most likely never will.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I am one that is not interested at this time.

To me the clinical trials I believe started in April 2020 so not even a year yet so how they can say it is 100% safe to me is nuts. When they are asked about long term affects it is all conjecture and it should be okay or there should not be any side affects years later.

Just don’t want to be a part of one of those commercials “Did you or a loved one get the Pfizer vaccine and ……”

When my employer make it mandatory for employment will see but more than likely I’ll be another unemployed person.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am one that is not interested at this time.

To me the clinical trials I believe started in April 2020 so not even a year yet so how they can say it is 100% safe to me is nuts. When they are asked about long term affects it is all conjecture and it should be okay or there should not be any side affects years later.

Just don’t want to be a part of one of those commercials “Did you or a loved one get the Pfizer vaccine and ……”

When my employer make it mandatory for employment will see but more than likely I’ll be another unemployed person.

Not direct at you, but there's a pervasive worry about "unknown", which is a good human reaction. But, it discounts the known dangers of not getting vaccinated. It falls into the trap that doing nothing is the safest course of action.

PS - Thank you for actually writing something thoughtful rather than just "Nope."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fear mongering. 66 people in my county died of this virus in the last what 18 months of outbreak? Not even 4 per month. More have died of other causes than the Chinese death disease. How many of the 66 were listed as died with the Chinese death disease and not of it?

You all wear your cloth mask and get your vaccine. Those like me who do not have it thank you.
    So you're saying, Chinese can't even make a virus right? :laugh:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    There is a huge difference between dying of the Chinese death disease and dying with it. CDC and many states has blown this out of proportion. Dying with covid19 is about 80% of the death so called covid19 deaths. Aka someone gets into a car accident or is shot by a gang banger. They test them for covid19. If positive they get added to the deaths with/from covid19 list. Which is part of the fear mongering induced by the leadership of this country.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I think we'd all agree dying from blunt force trauma in a car accident after testing positive for COVID does not represent a 'COVID death'. That begs the question, however...what do people actually die from?

When somebody dies from a gunshot wound, what kills them? Is it the bullet, or the blood loss and organ damage the bullet caused?

When somebody dies of influenza, what kills them? Is it the influenza virus, or the pneumonia the influenza virus caused?

If you are a terminal cancer patient with a prognosis of six months lifespan remaining, and you get COVID one day after your six month prognosis and die from ARDS four weeks later, what killed you - cancer or COVID?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Several of my co-workers & customers have gotten the vaccine. So far no one has grown a tail or horns.

It seems that several have had a fever at some point during the night of the vaccine but are usually fine the next day other than being excessively tired.

Today an approx 35 year old employee seemed worn down all day. I was actually PO'd over how disappointing his performance was until his roommate told me he had gotten the vaccine yesterday. He worked the full day.

I let him slide today since he's normally pretty awesome. I'm not a mean boss he's just prone to laziness sometimes and needs some guidance when he strays. I do believe he was ill today. For what it's worth he's kind of chunky.

A woman today was complaining about being overly tired and thought it could have been related to the vaccine she had a week ago. I was too busy to probe her as to why she thought it was vaccine related.

I haven't heard any horrible stories. However I am still not convinced enough to want to get vaccinated willingly.

I'm allergic to pretty much everything and often have strange side effects from most pharmaceuticals which is why I rely on supplements instead.

So for me there has to be a bigger benefit than there is risk. I'm still trying to regain the lung capacity I lost from taking doctor prescribed beta blockers for a few years. I'm not interested in any vaccines right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom