Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Who would have ever thought.........​

Mild coronavirus infection leaves behind lasting antibody protection, research suggests​

https://www.foxnews.com/health/mild-coronavirus-infection-lasting-antibody-protection-research
    I've been bothered by the antibody discussion from both news media and science outlets from the beginning. This in particular is an area where words matter. From the beginning people that should know better were spreading fear about antibodies not lasting long enough to be meaningful based on early research. Any one with a slight background in this area of science should know a few basic facts:

1) Circulating antibodies DON'T last forever, or generally even all that long.
    2) Different immune cells DO store a memory of an infectious agent and instructions to produce specific antibody if the agent is encountered again
    3) These immune cells DO last, most likely, forever...for any infectious agent that antibodies are initially produced for
    4) The problem isn't whether the body will be able to recall an infectious agent and produce an immune response, but whether or not it will be able to produce a sufficient immune response at a given point in the future

Number 4 is really the only variable of significant consequence moving forward in my opinion.

ETA: Variants may also play a factor of course. Memory immune cells are another selective pressure on variants.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    So... this would be a thing if he posted it on FB... he didn't... or if it was anywhere near a current opinion of his... it's not.

Project Veritas is usually pretty good about giving context and the full video. At this time, all they have is an out of context snippet of a video chat with ???? who knows, from 7/10/2020....

So, yes, 10 1/2 months ago he said that... when nobody really knew what the vaccines were... and how they worked was a concern... so?
    Correct, the video of the conversation was from Veritas. And coincidentally, the man's concerns mirror those of virologists who went on the record before and after the recorded conversation. But, the real story is about censorship being used to deceive the public and why that is wanted.

G'nite.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Correct, the video of the conversation was from Veritas. And coincidentally, the man's concerns mirror those of virologists who went on the record before and after the recorded conversation. But, the real story is about censorship being used to deceive the public and why that is wanted.

G'nite.
    Simple. This worked where global warming failed in making the majority if people controllable by scaring the living **** out of them.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I've been bothered by the antibody discussion from both news media and science outlets from the beginning. This in particular is an area where words matter. From the beginning people that should know better were spreading fear about antibodies not lasting long enough to be meaningful based on early research. Any one with a slight background in this area of science should know a few basic facts:

1) Circulating antibodies DON'T last forever, or generally even all that long.
    2) Different immune cells DO store a memory of an infectious agent and instructions to produce specific antibody if the agent is encountered again
    3) These immune cells DO last, most likely, forever...for any infectious agent that antibodies are initially produced for
    4) The problem isn't whether the body will be able to recall an infectious agent and produce an immune response, but whether or not it will be able to produce a sufficient immune response at a given point in the future

Number 4 is really the only variable of significant consequence moving forward in my opinion.

ETA: Variants may also play a factor of course. Memory immune cells are another selective pressure on variants.
    Why do we not get a polio shot every year?

"Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived," Ali Ellebedy, PhD., an associate professor of pathology and immunology of medicine and of molecular microbiology, and senior author said in a news release. "But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity."

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

"Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived," Ali Ellebedy, PhD., an associate professor of pathology and immunology of medicine and of molecular microbiology, and senior author said in a news release. "But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity."
    This is exactly what I was trying to say. With my relatively limited immunology background, it was my understanding that antibodies do go down to zero but our immune system would continue to be able to produce them when needed. I may have been mistaken on zero, but the other parts of my statement seem to mesh with your source.

Your question on polio is getting to my fourth point. Will our body produce an ADEQUATE antibody response for future infection? Also touches on mutation...polio virus is SLOWWWWWW to mutate, coronavirus mutates rapidly.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I think people should test and see if the have the covid19 antibodies in their system before running out and taking the vaccine. Especially with the new research that says the covid19 antibodies could last for life.
    Yes, but following this logic we could have done that testing many months or a year ago and the people that had antibodies could have been free to go about their business, along with the people who weren’t scared of it to begin with (wouldn’t that have been a test!) and more or less kept the economy going. But we aren’t using logic now, are we?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Yes, but following this logic we could have done that testing many months or a year ago and the people that had antibodies could have been free to go about their business, along with the people who weren’t scared of it to begin with (wouldn’t that have been a test!) and more or less kept the economy going. But we aren’t using logic now, are we?
    That's how I reacted. I had Covid last January and haven't given it another thought. I did wear a mash on occasion to appease the Karen's.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

G'nite.

Virologists are on the record that Moderna and/or Pfizer alter a person's DNA? Linky, please...

I think people should test and see if the have the covid19 antibodies in their system before running out and taking the vaccine. Especially with the new research that says the covid19 antibodies could last for life.
    I do think Senator Rand Paul's approach is a good, valid and sound one... he had symptomatic COVID that fully engaged his immune system.

Those in the MSM and celebritatri who criticize him for this choice are basing it upon I don't know what, because it's not science. I'm not a virologist, but his reasoning is scientifically sound... he acquired his immunity "the hard way", lol!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Poliovirus isn't a Coronavirus. It's doesn't mutate as easily.

IANAD.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is exactly what I was trying to say. With my relatively limited immunology background, it was my understanding that antibodies do go down to zero but our immune system would continue to be able to produce them when needed. I may have been mistaken on zero, but the other parts of my statement seem to mesh with your source.

Your question on polio is getting to my fourth point. Will our body produce an ADEQUATE antibody response for future infection? Also touches on mutation...polio virus is SLOWWWWWW to mutate, coronavirus mutates rapidly.

More BS trying to control others...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Virologists are on the record that Moderna and/or Pfizer alter a person's DNA? Linky, please...
    Good morning.
    People in the business expressed concern over it, along with other consequences.
    By the way, have you looked at what Luc Montagnier has been saying?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom