Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Vaccine passport to work, buy, sell, trade, and travel. New options you can get a permanent stamp or microchip on/in your hand or forehead your choice. To simplify everything and prove you are vaccinated. For the greater good.
    Is this a question? Statement? Just some rhetoric to keep the conversation going? Drunk posting again? I know, you left the “I now believe we should be required to get a” off the beginning, that’s it!

Link?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I'm sorry...but are you saying that because surgical masks don't filter as well as N95s, they don't work at all?

Of course they are measured at a lower standard. N95s by definition are required to filter at a given performance level.

My Toyota Camry isn't as fast as a Lambo, but it still drives.
    In post 2407 you seemed to claim that there was no statistical difference between n95 and surgical masks. That’s how it came off, technically you asked the question would your mind be changed if you saw a study showing ^that.
    But now you’re saying they’re not as good just because they shouldn't be tested to the same standards? Or that they are just as good even though they’re not on the same standard?

The argument of the mask reducing you inhaling my vapors vs you spitting on me is as old as these threads, and very few state their standard before they start the conversation and it always just spirals to nuh-uh uh-huh.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I appreciate that. When I refer to things they should've done in their office visit, it doesn't mean asking questions about meds. That's my job as you say. But if they have some objection to the doctors treatment plan, that to me is something they should've discussed in office.

Sadly... I do get shown rashes on a routine basis lol
    I can agree with you on that.

And my condolences on the rashes. I wouldn't do that to a Pharmacist, unless it was my nephew of course. And then just to mess with him.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    In post 2407 you seemed to claim that there was no statistical difference between n95 and surgical masks. That’s how it came off, technically you asked the question would your mind be changed if you saw a study showing ^that.
    But now you’re saying they’re not as good just because they shouldn't be tested to the same standards? Or that they are just as good even though they’re not on the same standard?

The argument of the mask reducing you inhaling my vapors vs you spitting on me is as old as these threads, and very few state their standard before they start the conversation and it always just spirals to nuh-uh uh-huh.
    Yes, they are MEASURED at a lower standard for filtration.

Yes, there is a study to suggest there is no statistically significant difference in their efficacy of reducing spread of aerosolized particles leading to infection.

You are putting words in my mouth. The two statements above aren't mutually exclusive.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    it at all common for non-healthcare-related employers to mandate vaccination? I'm curious.
    I have never had work mandate a vaccine.
    Suggested to get a tetanus shot a few times and that is all.
    I don't know anyone who has had work mandate a vaccine, I am also curious to hear if anyone ever has.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm sorry...but are you saying that because surgical masks don't filter as well as N95s, they don't work at all?

Of course they are measured at a lower standard. N95s by definition are required to filter at a given performance level.

My Toyota Camry isn't as fast as a Lambo, but it still drives.
    You said surgical masks are effective. There was specific discussion of N95 and surgical masks. Surgical masks, as pointed out by others, are simply not effective at stopping covid or virus.

You said they are effective (and as the discussion was comparing the 2 masks the implication was they are as, or nearly as, effective as N95 masks)

They simply are not.

You now are comparing cars, and both get you to the same point, to that we can agree. But surgical masks are simply not effective at stopping, controlling, containing or anything with a virus. That is face. You want to parse words, feel free to do so. The level of logic used to defend your position is baffling to anyone with common sense.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Yes, they are MEASURED at a lower standard for filtration.

Yes, there is a study to suggest there is no statistically significant difference in their efficacy of reducing spread of aerosolized particles leading to infection.

You are putting words in my mouth. The two statements above aren't mutually exclusive.
    Not trying to put words in your mouth, just drawing conclusions using your words, before clarification that there are studies that call the masks basically ‘even’ even though they’re tested at different standards, which is why, in a nutshell so many people have a hard time believing anything that is said.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You said surgical masks are effective. There was specific discussion of N95 and surgical masks. Surgical masks, as pointed out by others, are simply not effective at stopping covid or virus.

You said they are effective (and as the discussion was comparing the 2 masks the implication was they are as, or nearly as, effective as N95 masks)

They simply are not.

You now are comparing cars, and both get you to the same point, to that we can agree. But surgical masks are simply not effective at stopping, controlling, containing or anything with a virus. That is face. You want to parse words, feel free to do so. The level of logic used to defend your position is baffling to anyone with common sense.
    Are you talking about breathing in? Because I think he’s talking about breathing out. Not to put words in anyone’s mouth...:)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope, that's perfectly reasonable. However, it's a position, not a claim of fact. Having that position is a personal thing and no one should have an issue with it.

Deciding what or who to believe or pass along as fact based upon whether they agree...that's not reasonable.
    That’s not so true. You don’t know anything outside of your own experience and ability to draw conclusions from such. I don’t either. What we think we know is based on trust in whatever sources we trust. Even sources we trust can themselves be misled, corrupt, or otherwise wrong. We’ve devised processes to enhance trustworthiness. They’re not foolproof as we saw from the video of the swine flu outbreak in ‘76.

You decide who to trust based on agreement at least a little. Until you heard the other side of the story, would you have agreed with the CDC head in 1976?

If we had transparency we could have a more universal cause for trust than agreement. Until that becomes a thing, agreement will be a strong factor in deciding who to trust. And what I’m saying here has nothing to do with facts because we all use facts selectively to justify what we agree with, at least a little.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Vaccine passport to work, buy, sell, trade, and travel. New options you can get a permanent stamp or microchip on/in your hand or forehead your choice. To simplify everything and prove you are vaccinated. For the greater good.
    Oh jeez. Now the card is the mark of the beast? We should have a thread on all the ridiculous things assumed in current events throughout the last few centuries on what the mark of the beast is, or who or what the beast is. I mean, it was the pope at one point.

Just sit back and relax. If all that prophecy **** is true it’ll play out and I’d bet you’d even be surprised about how ridiculously wrong everyone supposed modern day prophet has been.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh jeez. Now the card is the mark of the beast? We should have a thread on all the ridiculous things assumed in current events throughout the last few centuries on what the mark of the beast is, or who or what the beast is. I mean, it was the pope at one point.

Just sit back and relax. If all that prophecy **** is true it’ll play out and I’d bet you’d even be surprised about how ridiculously wrong everyone supposed modern day prophet has been.
    There is far to much emphasis on the "Mark" and not enough focus on the evil of societal control of the individual...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If this is going to drift into biblical prophecy, explain how, if it is prophesied, and you believe in prophecy...how exactly do you keep it from happening. You either believe it is true prophecy or not.

...but I digress.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

"was"? ;)

Where's T.Lex hiding?

There was one post where I listed a plethora of things that were considered the mark of the beast.

stanley_ipkiss_goes_to_doctor.gif

Mask, Mark ... close enough

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s not so true. You don’t know anything outside of your own experience and ability to draw conclusions from such. I don’t either. What we think we know is based on trust in whatever sources we trust. Even sources we trust can themselves be misled, corrupt, or otherwise wrong. We’ve devised processes to enhance trustworthiness. They’re not foolproof as we saw from the video of the swine flu outbreak in ‘76.
    Where is that swine flu video? Saw it posted but don't see it now.

The part you don't explicitly touch on in your post when you say we think we know based on "trust in whatever sources" is the the distrust factor, the past failings of these sources. My instinct today is to distrust everything until proven true. So in a vaccine sense, where it is either the savior or death, the conservative thing to do is nothing because I don't trust either one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If this is going to drift into biblical prophecy, explain how, if it is prophesied, and you believe in prophecy...how exactly do you keep it from happening. You either believe it is true prophecy or not.

...but I digress.

Doc & Marty will go back in time and fix it if it is that bad...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

You decide who to trust based on agreement at least a little. Until you heard the other side of the story, would you have agreed with the CDC head in 1976?

If we had transparency we could have a more universal cause for trust than agreement. Until that becomes a thing, agreement will be a strong factor in deciding who to trust. And what I’m saying here has nothing to do with facts because we all use facts selectively to justify what we agree with, at least a little.
    While it is ultimately true that, outside of personal experience, it is a matter of who you trust, that does not mean all sources of information are equally reliable. Not by a long shot.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    While it is ultimately true that, outside of personal experience, it is a matter of who you trust, that does not mean all sources of information are equally reliable. Not by a long shot.

To me "all sources" are about equally reliable. What the heck sources you got that are not part of big government? Big corporations likely owned by conglomerates trying to do business with the communists? Etc.?

The track record of those is dismal nowadays, see the BS coming out of CDC in just the past couple of weeks?

I will ask again, why do you believe them?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Never said anything about the mark but you did. I'm just pointing out how bad this could get if the left and the scared sheep have their way about it. Doing so doesn't mean the mark but it could lead to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom