• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    We should all get together, go to a game and wear jerseys of all of the defunct players. I've got a Marshall Faulk one.

I'm in. I've got the same jersey. One of the best running backs to play the game. Getting rid of him was the worst decision the Colts ever made. Before all you Manning huggers come in and disagree, think about it. Faulk was healthy, Manning siltill isn't cleared to play and is still iffy. Why pay him thirty-someodd million million dollars if he can't play.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm in. I've got the same jersey. One of the best running backs to play the game. Getting rid of him was the worst decision the Colts ever made. Before all you Manning huggers come in and disagree, think about it. Faulk was healthy, Manning siltill isn't cleared to play and is still iffy. Why pay him thirty-someodd million million dollars if he can't play.

Because he had someone leak a video of his throwing for like 2 minutes...he has to be game ready. If I were in charge of bringing in players, I wouldn't even take a chance on him until he can prove that he can throw fairly high volume for multiple weeks straight AND take hits. I'm not questioning his fusion but he could possibly have issues with pressure on nerves above and below the fusion after taking big hits (and with the Colts, he'd have been taking them non-stop from at least the blindside).

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Exactly my point. There's too many variables that come in to play. Irsay made the best choice he could. Why would you pay a man millions if you aren't sure he can play? Of course all the Manning huggers will disagree with me.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Sorry to see him go. I hope he is healed and can still play no matter which team since he loves the sport so much. I thank him for his effort for the COLTS and all he has given to us fans and to the St Vincent Childrens wing. I will continue to wear his number 18 proudly. Now let's just see who else we get for all the money that did not go to Manning.

Good luck Manning and thank you.

Now Irsay better get some new good players.

Last edited:

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    I am bummed to see Manning go. I loved the fact that he wanted to play his whole carrier at Indy. I almost flew my Colts flag at half mast today. I do have one of my Colts tshirts on today.

And I still rock the #85 Dilger jersey. It does help that he was my first cousin and my whole family wears the same jersey. ha!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Some guy at work was telling me today that Manning is worth a 3 year/$110mil contract ($50mil bonus and $20mil per year) and will go to Miami, throw 4500+ yards, 39 TDs, 9 INTs, fjnish 12-4, win the Super Bowl, and be the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. He's no longer a Colts fan because they got rid of him. Now he'll really hate the Colts. He reminds me of why I'm glad my team already has a franchise quarterback.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Some guy at work was telling me today that Manning is worth a 3 year/$110mil contract ($50mil bonus and $20mil per year) and will go to Miami, throw 4500+ yards, 39 TDs, 9 INTs, win the Super Bowl, and be the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. He's no longer a Colts fan because they got rid of him. Now he'll really hate the Colts.

I have a bad feeling that whoever takes a chance on Manning is going to end up with a great Quarterback... until he get a good hit on him, or gets his arm wrenched...

I still can't help but wonder if Peyton even considered taking a pay cut to stay with the Colts, or if it was even on the table..

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I would be willing to bet that Irsay informed Manning of the intent to cut all these players and that is when he determined it was in his best interest to play somewhere else. I will pull for the colts no matter what, this next season will be tough. I just hope there is a method to this madness and it pays off in the future. I will be pulling for whatever team Manning goes to as well, just because he is the kind of guy you like to see do good. A class act.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    When the team takes the field this fall, Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt, Freeney, and perhaps others, will all be gone. You'll need a scorecard to know who's on the field. Of all of these, the one that makes the least sense is Brackett. But all of these are symptoms of a problem....the Colts should have been rebuilding all along over the past 10 years. Their roster was the most stagnant in the league and now they are paying the price. They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season, just as they sucked in Manning's first year. Whoever above asked if all of this was because of salary cap and what they will have to pay Luck....of course it is! Luck will command the most-expensive contract yet seen in the NFL. The only way the Colts were going to make that happen was to part with some of their highest-paid talent. The only sure thing in this world is change.....

Top Bottom