• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    When the team takes the field this fall, Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt, Freeney, and perhaps others, will all be gone. You'll need a scorecard to know who's on the field. Of all of these, the one that makes the least sense is Brackett. But all of these are symptoms of a problem....the Colts should have been rebuilding all along over the past 10 years. Their roster was the most stagnant in the league and now they are paying the price. They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season, just as they sucked in Manning's first year. Whoever above asked if all of this was because of salary cap and what they will have to pay Luck....of course it is! Luck will command the most-expensive contract yet seen in the NFL. The only way the Colts were going to make that happen was to part with some of their highest-paid talent. The only sure thing in this world is change.....

Good points, except Luck's contract. The new CBA has a rookie wage scale, so he CAN'T break the bank like Bradford, Stafford, Russell, etc.

IIRC, Luck will be less than $10 million in 2012 because of this.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Good points, except Luck's contract. The new CBA has a rookie wage scale, so he CAN'T break the bank like Bradford, Stafford, Russell, etc.

IIRC, Luck will be less than $10 million in 2012 because of this.

The new CBA agreement will limit the number of years for the 1st pick in the draft (and all 1st round picks) to 4 years, with the team holding an irrevocable option for a 5th year at a calculated wage. While there is an overall dollar amount that rookies across the league can make in total, there is no set limit on the amount a rookie can make in the first 4 years of their 5 year commitment to a team. For the top pick in the draft, his 4-year deal will be considerable. The new CBA will definitely lessen the potential for picks 10+ in the draft but the first 1-9 won't see much of a change in what they can get for their 4-year average. What will change is that neither side will be able to lock in a 7-10 year deal. Luck will make at least $6 million per year for his 4-year deal. If he were allowed to negotiate a deal of the same duration as others in the past, the total dollar amount would be the same, and likely more, as any rookie in history. Performance and other optional bonuses have been severely cut as well, which definitely lessens what a rookie can make on the back-end of a contract,

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    From what I've read, Pagano wants to eventually convert the Colts D to a 3-4. They may show some 3-4 looks next year, but will mainly be 4-3. I can see Mathis standing up at OLB and spending limited time in zone coverage on a TE, I can't see Freeney doing this. Freeney doesn't seem to fit the new defensive scheme, which along with his high salary is why he is being shopped. I'm interested to see how Jerry Hughes fits into the new D. It's time to rebuild, the vets are gonna be gone, none of the cuts are surprising. The Colts have needs at virtually every position and they can't keep high priced vets to fill all of those needs. Hopefully they can keep Garcon since Wayne is as good as gone, Luck is going to need somebody to throw the ball to. The Colts are going to suck next year, I hope everybody is ready for that.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When the team takes the field this fall, Manning, Saturday, Wayne, Garcon, Addai, Clark, Brackett, Bullitt, Freeney, and perhaps others, will all be gone. You'll need a scorecard to know who's on the field. Of all of these, the one that makes the least sense is Brackett. But all of these are symptoms of a problem....the Colts should have been rebuilding all along over the past 10 years. Their roster was the most stagnant in the league and now they are paying the price. They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season, just as they sucked in Manning's first year. Whoever above asked if all of this was because of salary cap and what they will have to pay Luck....of course it is! Luck will command the most-expensive contract yet seen in the NFL. The only way the Colts were going to make that happen was to part with some of their highest-paid talent. The only sure thing in this world is change.....

Talking like that will get you called a troll. The true fans never believed the Colts needed anything other than Peyton and 3-4 guys wearing numbers in the 80s to go undefeated until Peyton dies on the field at 115 years old. Not many thought there was ever a need for a quality backup QB or more quality players on defense. When Peyton couldn't play, everything was still going to be ok because they had faith...then when the talks of cutting him came out, the sky fell and worlds were shattered.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    A lady at work told me that it's Painter's fault he doesn't know the offense that well. Four years on the sideline should give him enough to see how the plays SHOULD be run. Maybe she's right though, that's how I learned to drive was watching World's WIldest Police Chases. :D

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've been a Colts fan since they put together a quality team. I follow football closely and have since 1958. Big BEARS fan until the Bears purged the team much the way the Colts have done.
    I'm a fan of quality teams and quality programs.
    I will cheer for any Indy team because it's where I live and try to have pride in my locals.
    IF IF the Colts put together a quality program they can keep me as a fan.
    I WANT TO SEE QUALITY FOOTBALL. Not just football.
    I wish nothing but the best of luck to the new staff of Indy from Irsay down.
    It's NOT about wins as much as it will be about quality football. That's what was missing last year. I can't say I blame Irsay and new staff for cleaning house.
    I believe Irsay wants HIS Colts to win. He's shown this before.
    Good Luck Colts. I'll be watching close and hope you earn me as a fan again.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I've been a Colts fan since they put together a quality team. I follow football closely and have since 1958. Big BEARS fan until the Bears purged the team much the way the Colts have done.
    I'm a fan of quality teams and quality programs.
    I will cheer for any Indy team because it's where I live and try to have pride in my locals.
    IF IF the Colts put together a quality program they can keep me as a fan.
    I WANT TO SEE QUALITY FOOTBALL. Not just football.
    I wish nothing but the best of luck to the new staff of Indy from Irsay down.
    It's NOT about wins as much as it will be about quality football. That's what was missing last year. I can't say I blame Irsay and new staff for cleaning house.
    I believe Irsay wants HIS Colts to win. He's shown this before.
    Good Luck Colts. I'll be watching close and hope you earn me as a fan again.
    Wow what a fair weather fan. I am glad you are no longer a Bears fan. Since the Colts won today are they your favorite team? Or are you now a Cardinals fan since they just beat the Patriots?

Anyway that was a good game for the Colts, I am not a Colts fan at all but i am glad anytime a rival team of the Bears lose.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wow what a fair weather fan. I am glad you are no longer a Bears fan. Since the Colts won today are they your favorite team? Or are you now a Cardinals fan since they just beat the Patriots?

Anyway that was a good game for the Colts, I am not a Colts fan at all but i am glad anytime a rival team of the Bears lose.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a football fan. Not fairweather but not going to watch games that can't keep my interest either.
    I still want the Bears to win against most teams but not the against the Colts. I liked watching the 49ers under Harbaugh. Good football to watch as a fan. I also like watching Brady and the Pats. Got their arses handed to them today. Just quality football much like any sport.
    I'm still a Colts fan. Irsay seems to have put a quality product on the field again. It's not as much about the wins or losses as much as a good game that keeps my interest.
    Luck is showing some game I was hoping to see. The young guys played solid today. I enjoyed the game start to finish.
    I'll watch Peyton play and hopefully enjoy it as much as I did last week. Good football.

Top Bottom