WI governor may call out National Guard to quell riots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Not to mention that the democratic senators got on a bus and left the state rather than vote on something they knew they would loose. I view this as a cowardly attempt, they are elected officals and they have a job to do. Win or lose. A football team is expected to keep trying to score, even if they are down 35-0 and it is the 4th quarter. I also heard on the news that they are suspected to be hiding in Chicago....Imagine that?

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    OMG!!!! KROGER!!!! You guys do know KROGER is UNION right?:n00b:

OH NO my face is melting!

Actually it is Jay-C but sells Kroger stuff they are related somehow, its the only grocery store in the county.

I love my non govt owned union car mfg too....Ford.

Even FDR warned of govt sector unions.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Something to remember is that all of us have the right to peacefully assemble, and therefor protest for something that we believe strongly in.

All of us have to decide how much risk we want to take in doing that, be it time off from work, school, etc.

In the case of many of the protesters here, they are going over the boundaries and participating in fraudulent activities.

Did anybody see the stories published that several Doctors (both real and fake) have been going through the crowds issuing "Doctors Notes" excusing the protesters from work for medical reasons? There are some good reports of these doctors providing such notices without any medical examination as get out of work free cards.

It will be interesting to see where such behavior lands some of these individuals.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Did anybody see the stories published that several Doctors (both real and fake) have been going through the crowds issuing "Doctors Notes" excusing the protesters from work for medical reasons? There are some good reports of these doctors providing such notices without any medical examination as get out of work free cards.

It will be interesting to see where such behavior lands some of these individuals.

The Jawa Report: Dear Wisconsin Dr: Never Write a Bogus Sick Excuse to a Tea Party Person

There have also been some complaints from local clinics too. Apparently people (and I use the term loosely) are going to clinics to get excuses written while they protest. A nurse at one clinic mentioned the higher traffic has driven some of the people from the clinic (who had legitimate reasons) to the ER. End result... the unions are pushing people out of clinics because the union is more important than sick people.

Just remember, it's all about their rights.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Wisconson Governor Scott Walker: "The bottom line is we are trying to balance our budget and there really is no room to negotiate on that because we’re broke."

Walker has exempted police and fire unions from the current legislation.

Walker was endorsed by the Wisconsin State Troopers, as well as the Milwaukee Police and Firefighters associations.

I'm just sayin'

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm not taking either side of this argument. I just find it entertaining that on one side, the protestors are being categorized as rioters, and on the other, the city of Madison issued an open letter THANKING THE PROTESTORS for their calm and civil behavior.

6103413.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm not taking either side of this argument. I just find it entertaining that on one side, the protestors are being categorized as rioters, and on the other, the city of Madison issued an open letter THANKING THE PROTESTORS for their calm and civil behavior.
    ^^ This. I've seen nothing in any news source that would lead me to believe that these protesters are doing anything other than exercising their 1st Amendment rights. Might not agree with their message, but I do agree with their right to speak it. And they're doing so peacefully. Let 'em protest. Then take your turn at the podium. That's the way we do things.

As for their message, here's an interesting video on it. Take it for what it's worth considering the source, but it doesn't look too far off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcDnKQul_c8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Wisconsin Union Protest: Myth vs. Fact[/ame]

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    "First they take away the unions, then they take away the Jews..."

That has to be one of the funniest quotes of the year. Reminds me of a line from Office Space:

"You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair they made the Jews wear."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Milwaukee has a 45% graduation rate for its high school students. 35% of minorities in that city don't graduate from high school. No wonder these teachers are supporting their union. If it was free market and the best teachers were in place, these hacks would be on the street, instead of living off the state.

While certainly not all teachers are bad, much of the blame goes to parenting, entitlement, and using school as a "daycare" so the parents can do their own thing.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Milwaukee has a 45% graduation rate for its high school students. 35% of minorities in that city don't graduate from high school. No wonder these teachers are supporting their union. If it was free market and the best teachers were in place, these hacks would be on the street, instead of living off the state.

While certainly not all teachers are bad, much of the blame goes to parenting, entitlement, and using school as a "daycare" so the parents can do their own thing.

A link to further explain and expand upon your statement.
    Two-Thirds of Wisconsin Public-School 8th Graders Can’t Read Proficiently—Despite Highest Per Pupil Spending in Midwest | CNSnews.com

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Some other notable quotables:

Pro-union website blocked in Wisconsin state Capitol - CNN.com

Meanwhile, a bill to limit the collective-bargaining power of some public-sector workers sparked protests in neighboring Ohio, where crowds gathered last week in the state Capitol.

Evidently Ohio now boarders Wisconsin. Not sure what happened to Iowa, Illinois, Michigan and Indiana....

From the comments:

blaqmajik Republicans are starting to show their true colors....let them go the way of the Dinosaurs (although you would be hard pressed to find a Republican who believed they existed)

Byrd8 The revolution in America has already begun. Thank you, Wisconsin. The other side may have all of the guns, but we don't care.

Top Bottom