• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn't ask his financial matters or employment situation. He made some poor decisions for sure IMHO.
    I'm angry about him coming out without permission and messing up my property but there more important things in life than a little mud and gravel to be concerned with.
    He and I do share a bond of sorts. USMC. Right or wrong it's hard to let a fellow Marine eat a big Poop sandwich without handing him some mustard. It hurt my feelings a fellow Marine would crap in my lunchbox.
    I don't know his frame of mind or what he's dealing with. I figure he'd tell me if he wanted to.
    I've had some times in my life that my mind wasn't working right and I had some of my fellow Marines pick me up and see me through. I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have made it without them.
    Hopefully I'm making the right decisions. Time will tell.
    I can respect the fact that you have a kinship with a fellow Marine and I commend you for trying to help him through some tough times and questionable decisions. I do hope though that he has'nt taken that bond you share for granted and won't take advantage of it. Maybe he already has and thought because you both have something in common you would'nt mind him showing up without your permission to shoot on your property.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If more people in the world had the level of compassion you showed, it would certainly be a better place. My hat is off to you, sir.

This is strictly my opinion, but I think "Dick" needs to get his priorities in order. He doesn't have food or TP, but can afford gas money to go shooting, a cell phone, and ammo.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I didn't ask his financial matters or employment situation. He made some poor decisions for sure IMHO.
    I'm angry about him coming out without permission and messing up my property but there more important things in life than a little mud and gravel to be concerned with.
    He and I do share a bond of sorts. USMC. Right or wrong it's hard to let a fellow Marine eat a big Poop sandwich without handing him some mustard. It hurt my feelings a fellow Marine would crap in my lunchbox.
    I don't know his frame of mind or what he's dealing with. I figure he'd tell me if he wanted to.
    I've had some times in my life that my mind wasn't working right and I had some of my fellow Marines pick me up and see me through. I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have made it without them.
    Hopefully I'm making the right decisions. Time will tell.

Yeah but as my grandfather, USMC, always says "dont sh** in your bed because youre gonna have to sleep in it."

And it sounds like this guy just just sh** in his bed.

Can somebody give me the cliff notes on this thread? Im interested but I dont want to read 35 pages.

1.) Was the guilty INGO member identified?
    2.) Is the truck out?

If the truck was in my yard unauthorized I would go out there and strip it. Take everything you think you will need to sell to pay for the damages. And then dare him to prove it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Yeah but as my grandfather, USMC, always says "dont sh** in your bed because youre gonna have to sleep in it."

And it sounds like this guy just just sh** in his bed.

Can somebody give me the cliff notes on this thread? Im interested but I dont want to read 35 pages.

1.) Was the guilty INGO member identified?
    2.) Is the truck out?

If the truck was in my yard unauthorized I would go out there and strip it. Take everything you think you will need to sell to pay for the damages. And then dare him to prove it.
    The answer to both of your questions is NO;)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Good job Harry. It sounds like the offending party has got some serious issues and his thought pattern has failed him. Sometimes when folks are having financial issues, it takes it's toll on rationale. They hang on to the things that make them feel good because everything else in their life is in turmoil. Maybe this has served as a wake up call and he will start making good decisions. I pray it does anyway.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I repped Harry for his report. I'm not sucking up to him either: like LMW and a few others here, I too own a lot of land that I worked very hard for and sacrificed a lot in life to obtain. I'm generous with my friends to come out and use it because I know how special it is to have, and I'm pretty harsh on trespassers, especially those who damage my property.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I just got finished reading all the posts. It took quite a while to catch up and I also replied to a private message from a very nice member that took a while.
    I'll air my laundry so y'all will feel better.
    Today is my youngest son's birthday. We've had a great day doing all the stuff dads and sons do on birthdays. I'm a single full time dad so our time is precious. My family comes first. Thank you!
    I also watched some of the Colts game/ That didn't keep my attention long.
    OK, back to the truck.
    I did go to the dicks home. He was there. Yes, he came out without permission to shoot but figured I wouldn't mind. That's BS and we both knew it.
    Here's where things went wrong. The poor s.o.b. is stranded, broke, and totally screwed without truck or money. He spent almost all of his cash on a wrecker on an unsuccesful attempt at retrieving his truck.
    Empty 'fridge, out of TP ( l think it's justice LOL!) and right now F.F.L. as far as I can tell.
    My son and I took him to the store so the buttwipe could get buttwipe and bologna, etc. Generic bologna? YUK! Cheap TP..OUCH!
    He spent $12 on survival items. Poor dumb Dick.
    He's going to try to raise/borrow the $$ to get his truck out and swears he'll fix my yard. It's actually a muddy bog after rains and only really dries up after a week or so of dry weather. Basically don't get off the drive or you're screwed. I leave my other Jeep in the drive to keep people out. "Hint Hint"
    Man up? I wouldn't put myself in that situation to start with. I'm better than that and assume most people are.
    Posted publicly and should offer more details? Yes I did but only to get his attention. I'm sorry but I didn't think about the PM to do this. I was also pis..d and figured a little public humiliation threat might do some good and helped me vent my frustration and anger over this. In hindsight I would most likely have done different.
    It's not over until my yard and drive are repaired.
    Sometimes I forget how fortunate I am.
    No, I'm not going to kick a dog when he's down but he'll clean up his own mess when he tinkles on my floor.

Happy Birthday to your son ! Glad you were finally able get get a face to face with the guy. Nice move on the compassion route towards this poor sob. I'm sure it made a positive life lesson for your son. These are good lessons for us all to learn from.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Glad to hear you had a good day with your son and were able to move forward at least a little bit with this problem. Best of luck getting everything fully resolved and I have to say you are a gentleman and have handled this tough situation pretty damn well!

I second this

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    We all "talk tough" at times on here but I'm pretty darned sure almost everyone would have done the same thing.
    I guess you had to be there and see his situation for yourself. I doubt that few if anyone could/would have done different.
    IF NOT....well, we'd all better take a look at ourselves in the mirror.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    At least we now know if we get our truck stuck in the mud, while Trespassing in halfmileharry property he would take good care of our trucks, hell he mite even wash & wax it for us :D:laugh:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Can I get some Cliff Notes here. I'm very late to this party.

So far I know a truck was stuck on an INGOers property

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Someone got their truck stuck on an INGOers property, so the INGOer stole the other guy's Christmas presents and set the truck on fire with ping pong balls and toilet paper.

(the above may or may not be entirely accurate ;))

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I haven't had a good bologna and toilet paper sandwich in years.
    Thanks Harry. :D

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

So far I know a truck was stuck on an INGOers property

It was my truck, I confess.... the ground looked solid to me.....
    I'm already out of TP and Doritos & Mt. Dew so I'll be needing a ride.
    IndySSD is counting on me.

Pick me up at 7:00?

Top Bottom