Why does FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL need this ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And now you're opposed to defending our Nuclear Power plants with whatever means are at our disposal???

I'm against government agencies using "9/11" as Open SaysMe to the public coffers.

Lemme see, for decades there was no worry about Soviet take over of Oak Ridge. Guys dressed like Barney Fife with .38s and radios. 9/11 happens and DoE/Wackenhutt wants toys and gets toys with the 9/11 password.:rolleyes:

keep misrepresenting facts...the brady bunch would be proud

Infantry Fighting Vehicle: A heavily armed, armored combat vehicle, having tracks or wheels and often having amphibious capability, used to transport infantry into battle and support them there.

The police should not have, armored cars, infantry fighting vehicles, armored fighting vehicles, inter alia. If the police do have an armored car, infantry fighting vehicle, armored fighting vehicle, there better be a darn good reason for it that "might" or chicken raids.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    exaggeration much?

Statistically speaking, how often are officers shot at during routine traffic stops and warrant services? I wonder if that data has ever been compiled? Probably not, but I thik it'd make an interesting study.

No exaggeration at all. I can show you a video right now of an officer killed with an AK47 on a traffic stop. I didn't say that it happens frequently. Kirk said he wouldn't be doing things that would put him in that situation, and my point is that a traffic stop could put you in that situation.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The police should not have, armored cars, infantry fighting vehicles, armored fighting vehicles, inter alia. If the police do have an armored car, infantry fighting vehicle, armored fighting vehicle, there better be a darn good reason for it that "might" or chicken raids.

This is my issue. We have a SWAT team, why not use it to serve a warrant? We can get a no-knock warrant, let's use them for more things. We have ninja facemasks, let's put them on.

We have an armored vehicle, let's use it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's the same argument the Brady campaign uses, plain and simple. There isn't much else I can say about this topic

The Brady Campaign has no problem with the cops having guns up to the eyeballs and all the tanks they want.

The police have no rights. They have powers or authority. Authority which comes from the citizenry. The citizenry which can take away anything they have.

The Brady Campaign cannot take away any rights.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    No exaggeration at all. I can show you a video right now of an officer killed with an AK47 on a traffic stop. I didn't say that it happens frequently. Kirk said he wouldn't be doing things that would put him in that situation, and my point is that a traffic stop could put you in that situation.

I've seen it. The lunatic with his son that leans out the window and blows away the chief of police's son. That scumbag got everything that was coming to him. But that's one example. I know it happens. What I'm saying is that it's a statistical improbability.

How many warrant services have you done? How many times have you been shot at whilst performing them? How many has your department done? How many of the officers doing them have been shot at.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Infantry Fighting Vehicle: A heavily armed, armored combat vehicle, having tracks or wheels and often having amphibious capability, used to transport infantry into battle and support them there.

as long as you stop refering to it as a IFV, because its not an offensive vehicle

Would it bother you if I told you they line some of the doors of crown vic's with kevlar?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    exaggeration much?

Statistically speaking, how often are officers shot at during routine traffic stops and warrant services? I wonder if that data has ever been compiled? Probably not, but I thik it'd make an interesting study.
    I dono, I just lost a friend in Jan making a traffic stop. Shot in the head.
    Officer David Spencer Moore, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Indiana
    I have another friend that was shot square in the vest on a traffic stop...vest saved his life. Other friend was shot in the head and lost an eye, he is still on the department, great detective, great SWAT member, and a hell of a soccer player. Those are just 3 of my friends/co-workers in this city alone. It happens.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This is my issue. We have a SWAT team, why not use it to serve a warrant? We can get a no-knock warrant, let's use them for more things. We have ninja facemasks, let's put them on.

We have an armored vehicle, let's use it.

I have lights and sirens, I don't use them to get home quicker. I have pepper spray, I don't use it to season my french fries. I have an expandable baton, I don't use it to knock on doors. I have a mountable light for my Glock, I don't use it to check people's eyes. What exactly is your point?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've seen it. The lunatic with his son that leans out the window and blows away the chief of police's son. That scumbag got everything that was coming to him. But that's one example. I know it happens. What I'm saying is that it's a statistical improbability.

How many warrant services have you done? How many times have you been shot at whilst performing them? How many has your department done? How many of the officers doing them have been shot at.

I never argued any of that. Kirk made a statement and I responded. You're adding things to it now that were never a part of it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    as long as you stop refering to it as a IFV, because its not an offensive vehicle

So what is breaking through a wall like the bocage of Northern France? Defensive? The chickens were coming right for us!:laugh:

It's an infantry fighting vehicle regardless of how it is used.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Oh good lord. Read it nice and S L O W ...IF YOU WERE ME, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE? I guess you missed the part where the police commandeered an armored vehicle and rescued those that were bleeding to death (police and non-police alike) while taking fire. BTW, one shot himself in the head and the other died while waiting for an ambulance. He bled out.
    I followed that a little bit an have a little more info. They had both made balistic vests that they had sewed together. The police were helpless against the weapons that didn't even slow down when they went through the LAPDs vests. Several officers in behind the bank had to find different cover when the robbers weapons went through the concrete blocks the officers were behind. Officers finally had to go to a local gun store and get AR's. The gunshop owner helped out.

Note: I believe the family of one of the robbers sued the LAPD for withholding medical attention. It seems the ambulance personnel would not come in because of the fear of more bad guys and he bled to death.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have lights and sirens, I don't use them to get home quicker. I have pepper spray, I don't use it to season my french fries. I have an expandable baton, I don't use it to knock on doors. I have a mountable light for my Glock, I don't use it to check people's eyes. What exactly is your point?

I believe that SWAT teams and no-knock raids are overused. I believe one of the reasons they are overused is because cops have them. My little town has a SWAT team. For what? Two murders in 120 years. No major raids on anything, ever.

I think that militarizing the police changes the attitude of the department and the individual officers.

That's my point.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So what is breaking through a wall like the bocage of Northern France? Defensive? The chickens were coming right for us!:laugh:

It's an infantry fighting vehicle regardless of how it is used.
    What is the obsession with chickens? I must have missed the joke (although I cannot fathom it being so funny that it is still being referred to). So ANY vehicle cabable of breaking a wall is offensive...got it. A good truck with a tube bumper can pull that off.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I followed that a little bit an have a little more info. They had both made balistic vests that they had sewed together. The police were helpless against the weapons that didn't even slow down when they went through the LAPDs vests. Several officers in behind the bank had to find different cover when the robbers weapons went through the concrete blocks the officers were behind. Officers finally had to go to a local gun store and get AR's. The gunshop owner helped out.

Note: I believe the family of one of the robbers sued the LAPD for withholding medical attention. It seems the ambulance personnel would not come in because of the fear of more bad guys and he bled to death.
    Sadly, it is now illegal for the gun shops to posses the very rifles that LAPD came in and borrowed. Sad irony...screwed up laws.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What is the obsession with chickens? I must have missed the joke (although I cannot fathom it being so funny that it is still being referred to). So ANY vehicle cabable of breaking a wall is offensive...got it. A good truck with a tube bumper can pull that off.

I think the point of the chickens is that using an armored vehicle to raid a chicken farm seems like using it because you have it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I dono, I just lost a friend in Jan making a traffic stop. Shot in the head.
    Officer David Spencer Moore, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, Indiana
    I have another friend that was shot square in the vest on a traffic stop...vest saved his life. Other friend was shot in the head and lost an eye, he is still on the department, great detective, great SWAT member, and a hell of a soccer player. Those are just 3 of my friends/co-workers in this city alone. It happens.

I'm sorry about your friend. My heart goes out to his family. I'm not trying to minimize the loss of police officers performing their duties as charged. How many traffic stops are done annually? How many times are officers injured or killed? I think the ratio would be astronomically small when overall instances are compared.

I respect you a great deal sir. From reading your posts on this board, you are most assuredly a dedicated public servant, and the citizens of your community are lucky to have you in their service. My questions aren't intended to offend you, They are out of genuine curiosity. Because an event has occurred, specifically the :poop: for brains that all but signed he and his sons' death we spoke of earlier, does not make it a likelihood.

Top Bottom