• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Good point harleyrider. In my past experience (albeit a long time ago in Internet time, and on a forum with a MUCH different user base and content), it was sometimes adventageous to explicitly add rules if something was becoming an issue. This wasn't some noble cause, but it made moderating much easier when we could point to a specific rule. It didn't leave the user much room to take issue with it. The problem we ran into then, though, was that as the list of rules grew, some people thought that if something wasn't expliictly against the rules, it was acceptable behavior. Kinda like the whole federalist vs. anti-federalist thing...but I'm no history teacher (Paging JD).

End result: I think INGO is just fine the way it is.

Again, my opinion doesn't matter and no one asked for it...but...yeah...

INGO needs a rule that says "When we say let it go................let it gooooooooooooo."

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    You've got it all wrong. When a thread gets locked, you need to immediately open a backup thread. After that, you create several parody threads, plus a thread to complain about the first thread getting locked. After that thread gets locked, you need to start complaining in every other unrelated thread you can find.

And then start a poll ..............

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    THE [Strike]COLD[/Strike] RULES NEVER BOTHERED ME ANYWAY!
    Custom%20Image_zpsck3hllav.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I hope she comes back.

I hope she isn't gone for good

It's for good unless they use one of their "reversals". She sent me a screen shot of the ban reason. It's permanent.

Was there a behind the scenes reason for 88GT's ban?
    It was for "negativity".

And she also said no one "reached out" to her.
    I never understood what she and a few others were trying to change.

Basically, that one person shouldn't get smacked for the same thing others draw a "get out of jail free" card for.

I'm sorry to see 88GT go, and this is the first thread at the top of the new posts for me, so I suppose if there really is more to it, I'll see it in a few. I'm just gonna let this sit here until I cruise through the rest of the board before I come back and click "post", just in case this post is received as "negative", too.
    It's not meant that way, but I'm not the one who gets to make that call.

As stated upthread, this place won't be the same...when you toss out pieces of an awesome puzzle, you're not fixing the puzzle... You just end up with a picture full of jigsaw holes. This place was way different back in the day. I wish there was a way to compare it side by side so the n00bs could experience how it was and what got us here. INGO is bigger than it's ever been, but bigger doesn't always equal better, and some really good people are all "shooters" now.
    Someone upthread said they thought I was getting the hammer... and after getting that text from 88GT I figured I wouldn't be able to click into INGO either. I was actually surprised.

Anyhow...if this post gets me banned for said "negativity", I think most of y'all know how to reach me if you want to. Some of you are my facebook friends, some of you have my cell number to text, most know my email and some visit me at work. You know. Just in case. Thanks to those of you who offered an ear about the stuff with my mom. I appreciate it greatly.
    That crap rips my heart out fresh every day.
    Every. Single. Day.
    So thanks for being there.
    Pax.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Jagee usually calls dibs on my guns anytime I sneeze, you might be first. We will have to check the official record. :)

Hello! Knock, knock, knock...can you hear me??? I called dibs a long time ago on this as your twin! I will go pick it up and store it for you as well.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's for good unless they use one of their "reversals". She sent me a screen shot of the ban reason. It's permanent.

It was for "negativity".

And she also said no one "reached out" to her.

Basically, that one person shouldn't get smacked for the same thing others draw a "get out of jail free" card for.

I'm sorry to see 88GT go, and this is the first thread at the top of the new posts for me, so I suppose if there really is more to it, I'll see it in a few. I'm just gonna let this sit here until I cruise through the rest of the board before I come back and click "post", just in case this post is received as "negative", too.
    It's not meant that way, but I'm not the one who gets to make that call.

As stated upthread, this place won't be the same...when you toss out pieces of an awesome puzzle, you're not fixing the puzzle... You just end up with a picture full of jigsaw holes. This place was way different back in the day. I wish there was a way to compare it side by side so the n00bs could experience how it was and what got us here. INGO is bigger than it's ever been, but bigger doesn't always equal better, and some really good people are all "shooters" now.
    Someone upthread said they thought I was getting the hammer... and after getting that text from 88GT I figured I wouldn't be able to click into INGO either. I was actually surprised.

Anyhow...if this post gets me banned for said "negativity", I think most of y'all know how to reach me if you want to. Some of you are my facebook friends, some of you have my cell number to text, most know my email and some visit me at work. You know. Just in case. Thanks to those of you who offered an ear about the stuff with my mom. I appreciate it greatly.
    That crap rips my heart out fresh every day.
    Every. Single. Day.
    So thanks for being there.
    Pax.
    FWIW JG, Just in case you you were ever to get the axe I would like to preempt that and let you know I like your style and enjoy your contributions that you do make.

Peace out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll miss her. We clashed at first, but ended up being supportive of each other when we agreed and respectful when we disagreed.

She made me earn her trust. I see what she is about and realize there will be a hole.
    I also realize this world we now live in is spinning faster and faster every day. The things I held true to are becoming less a part of life as things pick up speed. I speak of Honor/integrity/Morality. All of these are fading out in the real world.

That said, all things change. The world is becoming way to sensitive to the point we are limited as to the topics we can openly discuss. Those topics always go full on free for all.

What we see in the threads is only part of the big picture. There is more to it than face value.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom