• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I also realize this world we now live in is spinning faster and faster every day. The things I held true to are becoming less a part of life as things pick up speed. I speak of Honor/integrity/Morality. All of these are fading out in the real world.

That said, all things change. The world is becoming way to sensitive to the point we are limited as to the topics we can openly discuss. Those topics always go full on free for all.

What we see in the threads is only part of the big picture. There is more to it than face value.

I took out first part of quote as I don't know her, but never had issues with her posts. Awesome, spot on quote!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As stated upthread, this place won't be the same...when you toss out pieces of an awesome puzzle, you're not fixing the puzzle... You just end up with a picture full of jigsaw holes. This place was way different back in the day. I wish there was a way to compare it side by side so the n00bs could experience how it was and what got us here. INGO is bigger than it's ever been, but bigger doesn't always equal better, and some really good people are all "shooters" now.
    Your analogy paints INGO as a static puzzle. It isn't and never has been. The image changes over time. A few pieces clash, don't fit in and end up falling away on their own or being removed. The mixture of members and what they bring to the table changes over time. The people in your social circle and at work follow the same basic flow.

Rules tend to be implemented only after some people push things too far. I too regret that 88GT and some others are gone, but am not at all surprised. For the most part, they had multiple warnings, could not or would not learn and adapt before being ejected. The mixture of people on INGO in two years will be different than it is today. There will be both pluses and minuses to that. Life goes on.

Anyhow...if this post gets me banned for said "negativity"
    Highly doubtful. You are expressing genuine regret, but aren't incessantly and unrelentingly criticizing INGO and the mods. In the end, that's what got 88GT canned.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Your analogy paints INGO as a static puzzle. It isn't and never has been. The image changes over time. A few pieces clash, don't fit in and end up falling away on their own or being removed. The mixture of members and what they bring to the table changes over time. The people in your social circle and at work follow the same basic flow.

Rules tend to be implemented only after some people push things too far. I too regret that 88GT and some others are gone, but am not at all surprised. For the most part, they had multiple warnings, could not or would not learn and adapt before being ejected. The mixture of people on INGO in two years will be different than it is today. There will be both pluses and minuses to that. Life goes on.

Highly doubtful. You are expressing genuine regret, but aren't incessantly and unrelentingly criticizing INGO and the mods. In the end, that's what got 88GT canned.
    Here is the cliff notes version. Says it all!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Here is the cliff notes version. Says it all!

Again, pudly has it right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was expounding on CM's comment, as seen below;

I came in late in 2011. To some I am a noob. A post whore maybe but a noob all the same. I was not around in the beginning but I have heard the stories about a huge rift that set many off to start another site. There will always be change.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I came in late in 2011. To some I am a noob. A post whore maybe but a noob all the same. I was not around in the beginning but I have heard the stories about a huge rift that set many off to start another site. There will always be change.

There's another site? Is it Banned Indiana Gun Owners, aka Bingo?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some names you'd recognize from this thread are over there perusing Indiana Shooters right now.

"Huge rift" would be overstating. Some troublemakers got banned and set up their own site to somewhat duplicate this one. A handful of folks went over there and another handful use both sites IIRC.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I bet she's makin sammiches right now.
    th

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Some names you'd recognize from this thread are over there perusing Indiana Shooters right now.

"Huge rift" would be overstating. Some troublemakers got banned and set up their own site to somewhat duplicate this one. A handful of folks went over there and another handful use both sites IIRC.

Just a point of clarification: said troublemakers had set up the other site before they got banned here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom