• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It does if you come into direct contact with it. I've talked to my neurologist about it already. He said cloth or surgical mask won't stop it because it's to small. N95 mask properly worn with proper hygiene will give you the best chance if you are directly exposed to it.
    So wearing a cloth mask will let you properly exhale the virus (so you body can fight it off efficiently), along with all the CO2 and still let in plenty of O2, because it too is smaller than the holes.

Got it.

Now back to passports. Or gun control. Or Christianity. Or the next thread jack topic here.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Am I saying that it is wrong to abandon science for a political position as is being done in Congress.

We don't any part of the brain worms that people like this are serving up:

It's near impossible to think of times when Congress was correct in matters of science, health, education, ...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So wearing a cloth mask will let you properly exhale the virus (so you body can fight it off efficiently), along with all the CO2 and still let in plenty of O2, because it too is smaller than the holes.

Got it.

Now back to passports. Or gun control. Or Christianity. Or the next thread jack topic here.
    They say they "practice" medicine, right?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that a cloth mask could stop some, but not all of the virus from passing thru it.

You're saying there's no harm in wearing a cloth mask, that is warm and moist, all day long? Seems like a perfect breeding ground for bacteria....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Am I saying that it is wrong to abandon science for a political position as is being done in Congress.

We don't any part of the brain worms that people like this are serving up:

You are not trying to win hearts and minds, you are just trolling these threads. Otherwise you would be using your skills fo persuasion rather than a contemptuous tone.

It really is easy to see the differences in the discussions here, sorry JK but I am going to name sides again, those who believe and those who do not trust. The vaccine proponents truly believe the pharmaceutical companies reports, government reports, and media reports. The skeptics do not trust any of them, and often cite wrongdoing by those believed by proponents but it is ignored or maligned.

An anecdote I have noticed here, vaccine, masking, and mandate supporters seem to have a commonality in that they tend to work in fields very involved with government or pharma.

Reminds me of the Upton Sinclair quote:

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are not trying to win hearts and minds, you are just trolling these threads. Otherwise you would be using your skills fo persuasion rather than a contemptuous tone.

It really is easy to see the differences in the discussions here, sorry JK but I am going to name sides again, those who believe and those who do not trust. The vaccine proponents truly believe the pharmaceutical companies reports, government reports, and media reports. The skeptics do not trust any of them, and often cite wrongdoing by those believed by proponents but it is ignored or maligned.

An anecdote I have noticed here, vaccine, masking, and mandate supporters seem to have a commonality in that they tend to work in fields very involved with government or pharma.

Reminds me of the Upton Sinclair quote:

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it"
    In that post I am pointing out nutty, brain-worm-filled QNon theories that should be avoided.

The insanity QNon has had far too much influence and is in danger of becoming the platform of a major political party in the United States.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The insanity QNon has had far too much influence and is in danger of becoming the platform of a major political party in the United States.
    They're no further beyond the pale than the current liberals running this country or the talking heads in the media. I don't know where I can find either government officials or a media outlet I can trust, if someone could shed some light on that I'd appreciate it. Right now don't I trust either and it is just as easy to believe they're both lying about everything as it is to believe they're honest about anything.

I'd love to find some of this trust some members still seem to have for people they don't know, particularly people who obviously do not have their best interests in mind. Sorry but I disagree with 90% of the BS being claimed scientific these days. I read the term "feminine penis" the other day. Sorry but the same people who come up with that kind of garbage are the same who are 100% onboard with masks and vaccines.

The days of assuming information being provided by any source to be truthful are over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They're no further beyond the pale than the current liberals running this country or the talking heads in the media. I don't know where I can find either government officials or a media outlet I can trust, if someone could shed some light on that I'd appreciate it. Right now don't I trust either and it is just as easy to believe they're both lying about everything as it is to believe they're honest about anything.

I'd love to find some of this trust some members still seem to have for people they don't know, particularly people who obviously do not have their best interests in mind. Sorry but I disagree with 90% of the BS being claimed scientific these days. I read the term "feminine penis" the other day. Sorry but the same people who come up with that kind of garbage are the same who are 100% onboard with masks and vaccines.

The days of assuming information being provided by any source to be truthful are over.
    I understand, and understandable. I have long said that CDC, inter alia emptied the entire mag into both feet even before the pandemic on Covid-19.

I understand the lack of trust and it is COMPLETELY warranted, however I do not believe that permits the snake oil and conspiracy theories to suddenly become material.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Meanwhile over 2k deaths and 40k adverse reactions have been reported to VAERS as of March 19 in the US alone.

Most estimates I see is that only about 10-20% of people that have adverse reactions actually report it.

3.26.-VAERS-data-dump-COVID-vaccines.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not suggesting any snake oil or conspiracy theories are true but we see criticism here and especially everywhere else of anyone not comfortable getting a vaccine which:

-Didn't follow established protocols in it's development, somehow managed to be develop within months even though viruses for corona variants had been in development (unsuccessfully) for 20 years

-Being constantly bombarded with unanimous agreement of it's safety from politicians and news outlets well established as not having my best interests at heart

- Is not FDA approved

-Does not prevent the spread of the virus

-Has completely unknown and untested long term side affects

-Doesn't preclude someone from needing to wear a mask

I don't understand how anyone aside from maybe the scientists who had a hand in its development could have any confidence whatsoever in what is being pushed as truth. I could very easily dismiss everyone who was anxious to get it as being as naive as a person can get and talk trash about them but I don't. I have no interest in what other people do or choose to do and I sincerely hope it works out for the best for them.

This superiority complex from those who "know" the vaccine will be the savior of the free world is a problem. None of it makes sense to me yet I'm ridiculed for questioning things and called an "anti-vaxxer" which in an of itself is entertaining as my six years in the Army proved that wrong beyond question. I've not had anyone even remotely attempt to convince me that I'm wrong nor back that up with facts. Everyone just expects everyone else to "shut up and get the vaccine".

Like I said, it doesn't make sense without giant leaps of faith in other human beings that I don't know and have reason to be suspicious of. Make it make sense and I'll jump onboard. No one even tries.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Got it.

Romans 1:22 fits you to a tee.

I'll take the advice of a knowledgeable and professional neurologist over you every time.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I suppose, if you want to completely take it out of context.

But for all you know, I might have a giant komodo dragon statue in my living room that I pray to.

I'll take the advice of a knowledgeable and professional neurologist over you every time.
    Well of course - it aligns with your beliefs. Don't we all in some small or large part pick and choose who we want to believe?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You used to be better at sticking to facts. Comparing holding voters accountable for for a candidates stated positions vs saying they approve of a candidates sins is something else.
    I probably could have used any number of examples and I'm not sure you'd have liked any of them. But anyway, let's look at everything you're putting into that bucket I highlighted. You guys have basically said stuff like they're stupid, they're traitors, they WANT gun control, they WANT to ruin the country, and you treat anyone being critical of any one of those points as if they're critical of ALL of those points, as if they're critical of even holding those voters accountable at all. Again, I'll remind you that my problem with what you guys are saying is that, given their own reasoning for voting for Biden, you reject that and project your own reasoning on them.

So again, below is an off the top of my head, non-exhaustive bucket-o-anger, where I've stricken the ones I have been critical of:
    • stupid
    • ignorant
    • foolish
    • traitors
    • WANT gun control
    • WANT to ruin the country
    I said that it doesn't look to me like they're traitors because they don't WANT gun control; they just don't believe (foolishly) Biden can/will do it. That covers traitors/wanting gun control. THey don't WANT to ruin the country, they're deluded into thinking they're saving it from OMB.

But how DARE jamil try to pry our entire bucket-o-anger from our clenched fists!? :runaway:

Not the whole bucket. Just the stuff where you guys have kinda projected your own reasons they voted for Biden onto them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A chain link fence will not stop a can of paint from going through it but some paint will cling to it and that clinging paint can sure ruin your jeans...

The longer you try to play smartest man in the room the the worse you look...
    I'm pretty sure that if I threw a can of spray paint at my chain link fence, the can would not go through the links even if it were a perfect throw. Maybe you meant the spray from the can would go through it. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I suppose, if you want to completely take it out of context.

But for all you know, I might have a giant komodo dragon statue in my living room that I pray to.

Well of course - it aligns with your beliefs. Don't we all in some small or large part pick and choose who we want to believe?
    He's a Dr and one of the few willing to actually talk about it. Has nothing to do with alignment of my beliefs. However, it doesn't align with your beliefs so you close your mind completely to it and disregard it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Got it.

I think now would be a good time to discuss rutabagas. :laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If a different professional neurologist told you something different, which would you believe? Either? The one that says what your instincts tell you to believe, or the other one?

Top Bottom