• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Had to make a quick run into Kroger and Marsh, as well as my bank's ATM on the motorcycle this evening.

As I was walking out of the bank building (inside 24 hr ATM), a guy pulls up in a little four door beater. He eyeballed me as I put my gloves and helmet back on, and didn't get out of his car until I had got back on the bike, fired it up and drove away.

I was also OCing my Shooters 'n Scooters shirt.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    Had to run into the Marathon on 231 in Romney yesterday. Had my S.A. XDm 45 on the right hip, some poor dude held the door open for me as I was walking out and I thought his eyes were going to come out of his head. No one else was in the store but I am pretty sure he didn't come out to pump his gas until he saw me finish pumping mine and get back in the truck. I even said "Thank You Sir" to him as I was walking out.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Boring few days. Carried all around Paoli last weekend. Hucks, Subway, the little Mexican place on the square, etc.... Stayed at the little Midwest Inn and chatted with the owners a few times (nice folks). Presented an award and gave a little speech in front of a hundred and some odd people at an event we attended. A few smiles and nods, but otherwise pretty routine. The only comment I overheard was a "And I was worried about the LCP in my pocket".:D

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Had to go pickup a few things at Babys R Us in Mishawaka last evening for the little 'un on the way. I noticed a "No Weapons" sign on the front of the store. It was located on the outgoing door and was blocked from view for the incoming door. Plus, it looked like a glock, so I failed to notice it....

Went in the store for one thing, and ended up having to go back in for another. Both times in, the manager and cashier get into a discussion with me about my Walther. There was no MWAG, no calls to the police, they were polite and courteous. One of them made a comment about their dad being a landlord in Elkhart and wished that more people carried like her dad and I do.

All in all, positive encounter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... So today was awful.

Somehow, I forgot my gun on the way out the door for work =/

I carried it with me, and sat it on the couch apparently... I was disappointed when I got closer to work because I noticed I didn't bring my belt with me. So I wouldn't be able to carry into Starbucks (gasp!). Just went to my lunch and bought a belt... and when I get to my car, I look around and it's not there...

... That cold, uncomfortable feeling washed over me... Was it stolen? What happened? Where did it go? Under the seats? Back seat? .... I forgot it =(

So, no OC today.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Couple places in Bloomington. I left my rangefinder at home, those things are dangerous.

A manager at Sam's just smiled, but I had two carts and flat full of stuff.

charles.wolff

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    WOW, so many out with their sidearms today.

I stopped in at Rickers at Washington and Emerson a few minutes ago to fill up on gas and pick up some smokes. As I was pumping gas a light brown car with tinted windows pulls up in front of the station and the gentleman getting out immediately covers his sidearm with his t-shirt.

I also notice that there was a police car parked at one of the spots and a second one pulling in to park.

As I enter the store I scan the crowd as one is want to do for situational awareness. I do not see the gentleman from the aforementioned light brown car but I do see the that the guy currently at the cash register paying for items is OCing. I also notice that a man getting a soda is CCing. I should mention that I was OCing.

So, six armed people in one store at one time by coincidence and not one person was shot or even butthurt. Can you imagine?

I did not know where the person from the light brown car went while in the gas station, but I assume the bathroom because as I as walking out he was pulling out of his space. I noted at that time he had IMPD plates.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Gray Bros. Cafeteria. I was OCing my Ruger sr9c.
    After finding a table and beginning to chow down, I look down and noticed the laser on the .380 on my ankle was in blinking mode. I must have bumped it while situating my chair. I casually reached down and turned it off, looking around to see if anyone had noticed. This happened one other time when I was at a company function with several clients. A coworker nudged me and focused his eyes towards my feet. No issues in either instance.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    To Tractor Supply, to pick up some hardware. And then over to Walmart, for some groceries and ammunition. Got to talking to an older gentleman at the Walmart gun counter who was purchasing a DPMS AR-15 for $600. Also got to speak with a younger guy there about guns, and carrying, and the Batman shooting, etc etc. Good interactions all around. Nobody died, and I spotted concealed handguns on THREE guys in the sporting goods section at the same time, plus myself OC'ing. Holy crap! It could've been an absolute bloodbath, instead of the polite idle ****-chat that luckily ensued...

Really? Our filters pick up C>H>I>T as a swear? Nice...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom